When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

Your life must be one big cringe. You'd throw one of your own kids in front of a bullet to protect that old privileged hag.

My life is very good thank you. And as usual with yourself, to try and justify your closed political brain, you assume you know someone's life because of their politics. Blinkered attitudes like that is why the independence movement is treading treacle just now.

21 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

My life is very good thank you. And as usual with yourself, to try and justify your closed political brain, you assume you know someone's life because of their politics. Blinkered attitudes like that is why the independence movement is treading treacle just now.

at least you got my joke earlier

It's more about the fall out with an earlier leader than any similarity between the individuals. I thought it was quite good.
Sturgeon is bland and inoffensive but the SNP put the Bolsheviks in the shade when it comes to party discipline. The Bolsheviks spent 30 years arguing about everything under the sun before Stalin got fed up with it. The SNP has North Korea levels of being on message.
Does anyone have any thoughts on who takes over from Sturgeon?

AFAIK Sturgeon hasn’t had anyone killed so no I don’t agree*

*Potentially my most contrarian take yet

2 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

No straw clutching. Just stating a fact. 

Here's the fact. Two pro independence parties are on course to take more votes than the dozens of parties in Scotland that work collectively to sell Scotland down the river.

Why is there so much impatience from some within the Yes camp just now regarding IndyRef2?

I could understand if the polls had dramatically moved, but they haven’t, and the Brexit shitshow is still playing out

Why are some so keen to shoot their bolt?

Edited by Frank Grimes

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

Here's the fact. Two pro independence parties are on course to take more votes than the dozens of parties in Scotland that work collectively to sell Scotland down the river.

I do not doubt that. But will that transfer into a majority for independence in any referendum? It didn't the last time.

18 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Why is there so much impatience from some within the Yes camp just now regarding IndyRef2?

I could understand if the polls had dramatically moved, but they haven’t, and the Brexit shitshow is still playing out

Why are some so keen to shoot their bolt?

I'm basing my opinion on people I know.

Some are deluded, some are desperate, some see the clock ticking towards May 2021, some can't accept the last result and some are just absolute zoomers. The UDI brigade are the absolute worst.

There seems to be a misunderstanding that the Brexit process hasn't actually finished yet. Sturgeon has been quite clear on the process for calling a second indyref.

If no deal is the outcome or if the outcome is so bad for Scotland then it should be called. Until that point nothing can be done. 

13 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Angus Robertson or Humza Yousaf could be a good shout as he would have lots of experience by then and is well liked

I think Humza is the obvious answer for a whole pile of reasons. 

He speaks very well, he is personable and in an Indy2 scenario, he presents a face of a modern progressive Scotland, not one predicated on "hating the English"

1 hour ago, I'm Brian said:

I'm basing my opinion on people I know.

Some are deluded, some are desperate, some see the clock ticking towards May 2021, some can't accept the last result and some are just absolute zoomers. The UDI brigade are the absolute worst.

There seems to be a misunderstanding that the Brexit process hasn't actually finished yet. Sturgeon has been quite clear on the process for calling a second indyref.

If no deal is the outcome or if the outcome is so bad for Scotland then it should be called. Until that point nothing can be done. 

Totally agree

I see the fringe “Disolve the Union Now” brigade as a total hindrance to the independence cause at times 

Nicola is playing the timeline perfect in my eyes but even some of her own MPs are showing impatience 

Frustrating 

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

I do not doubt that. But will that transfer into a majority for independence in any referendum? It didn't the last time.

Why do you not want to see independence? What is it about what's happening at Westminster that's making you think "I want to be a part of that"?

I've always been in the patient camp.  I also simply believe that the vote in 2014 has to be respected and it would have taken at least ten years before the vote should be called again.  The Union deserved to be given time to deliver for Scotland.

Having said that I also think there is a moral duty to ask the people again given the Brexit situation.

I care less now about whether we'd win.  I just think the question  needs to be asked of the people.    I agree there are those that can't wait and have been a liability at times.  I would never have wanted the next referendum under these circumstances but if the time is not now I don't see when it is.

1 minute ago, tirso said:

I've always been in the patient camp.  I also simply believe that the vote in 2014 has to be respected and it would have taken at least ten years before the vote should be called again.  The Union deserved to be given time to deliver for Scotland.

Having said that I also think there is a moral duty to ask the people again given the Brexit situation.

I care less now about whether we'd win.  I just think the question  needs to be asked of the people.    I agree there are those that can't wait and have been a liability at times.  I would never have wanted the next referendum under these circumstances but if the time is not now I don't see when it is.

I always felt that the folk who wanted it sooner rather than later were a liability as well. But like you, I just don't see how they can't ask the question.

If a Yes can't be won after all of this, then it's simply not ever going to happen.

I don't think it is impatient to call it now as Westminster and May are going to say bolt. Then we can use a bit of grievance politics as the clusterfuck of Brexit takes hold to convince the soft No's then really push for a will of the people to get the referendum done. Also the heads gone loony yoons reaction will be grand.

Correct

We all know the SNP don’t want a People’s Vote, it’s just clever politics to put folk like Willie Rennie in his place 

If the SNP hadn’t backed a People’s Vote it would have been held against them when the proper campaign for IndyRef2 kicks off

I wish more people could think long term and fucking realise this 

Edited by Frank Grimes

4 hours ago, tirso said:

It had a few hundred years to do that and failed miserably.

Edited by DA Baracus