When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As I am convinced that we won't leave the EU for a good while, if ever, it makes it much more difficult for Sturgeon to decide when to trigger a referendum.

It can only be called when a final decision on Brexit is reached.

Still not convinced that Article 50 will get extended not unless there is a significant move towards a softer Brexit - May is so stubborn you just can't see her doing that.

Much that I'd like a second EU referendum there appears to be little appetite on either front bench for it.

The ironic thing is that I suspect that there is a majority in Parliament for a softer Brexit or a second referendum but the assholes driving the agenda won't let it happen.

And how do you figure this out?
I'm of the opinion that it's highly unlikely to happen any time soon given that the Scottish parliament, to my knowledge, lacks the power to unilaterally call a referendum, and needs to obtain a section 30 order from the UK government to do so (like the 2012 Edinburgh agreeement) and I can't see Theresa May awarding holyrood this power any time soon.
Best chance it does happen is probably a UK GE results in a hung parliament with Labour as the largest party and the SNP enter a coalition with Corbyn with the concession being a section 30 order.
But I completely fail to understand the 2030 relevance?

I don’t agree with H_B but Labour will probably attempt to neuter any SNP pressure by arguing that if they demand too much then they risk allowing the Tories to resume control of the government. I think if Corbyn was even a tenth as dictatorial as people believed he was then the SNP would have a referendum given as he probably agrees in principle with allowing self-determination. It’s that he’s given the branch office a fairly substantial amount of autonomy that the party at large have become intransigent towards it.

Sturgeon "matter of weeks" [emoji6]

February 1st declaration and I’m calling you a fraud.

Middle / end of July. 

The clusterfuck UK option will be biting amongst the zombies who don't follow the news....leaving only a 15-20%  hardcore WATP types to laugh at when their delusional masters of the empire pish comes to a glorious halt. 

I'll go for the 11th. It is on a Thursday this year, which is when these elections / referendums are usually held.

5 minutes ago, wirez said:

Middle / end of July. 

I'll go for the 11th. It is on a Thursday this year, which is when these elections / referendums are usually held.

Great idea

The good guys can celebrate on the day after 

7 hours ago, Loondave1 said:
11 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Hasn’t colkitto predicted the end of January? Fair play, there’s just over a fortnight to go.

No year specified though, so maybe a very long fortnight ahead.

If it wasn't for that daft bint in No.10 delaying the vote for no reason then my prediction would have probably been spot on

Just now, Loondave1 said:
2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:
If it wasn't for that daft bint in No.10 delaying the vote for no reason then my prediction would have probably been spot on

If you discounted said daft bint acting out Hitlers bunker scene more fool you.

Fool me once....

13 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

There is no chance the UK is leaving the EU at the end of March, which probably puts Sturgeons independence announcement  on the backburner.

It's not up to the UK though, that power is held within the EU parliament. If they say the UK is leaving at the end of March, then the UK is leaving at the end of March. Even if the stiff upper lip 'we're big bad britain' mentalists think otherwise.

39 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

There is no chance the UK is leaving the EU at the end of March, which probably puts Sturgeons independence announcement  on the backburner.

If the MPs from both sides of the house don't stage a major revolt against their leaders, I think they will.

2021 will be the 14th year of SNP administrations. To repeat the 2016 result would be a great achievement (and it's not even guaranteed there is currently a majority for Indyref2 as the Greens are very vague).
Patrick Harvey showing at FMQ's today how vague the greens are on independence