When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Lots of Unionist journos getting all excited at the Salmond/Sturgeon debacle and predicting the demise of the SNP.

Whilst losing Sturgeon would be a blow to the SNP and the wider Yes movement. They seem to think SNP voters will switch to voting Unionist parties again.

Voters who have made the choice to vote SNP and independence are not going to start voting for Richard Leonard, Willie Rennie or Ruth Davidson just because of a change of leadership within the SNP.

Nicola hasn't covered herself in glory over this and now finds herself in possible breach of the Ministerial Code. Bit of a shambles to be honest   

The pro-UK journos have been dying for the SNP to fall and Scots return to blind loyalism for over a decade now. Meanwhile the UK government has found itself in contempt of parliament and they wouldn’t dare predict that that might turn folk off from worshipping at the altar of UK nationalism.

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

is this civil war going to be as exciting as the last one???Just asking as ill need to up my twitter game

The Civil War is bollox and will fail like the last one.

The breaking of the Ministerial Code could have huge consequences though... 

7 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

The Civil War is bollox and will fail like the last one.

The breaking of the Ministerial Code could have huge consequences though... 

That being one of those things that, if you did break it you wouldn't refer yourself to an investigation over it.

Just now, Colkitto said:

Did she really have a choice though? 

Of course she did.  If she thinks, or knows that she did something wrong then her best bet would be to prevaricate, obfuscate and provoke others. Weather the storm so to speak. if she did do something wrong then referring herself is the worst possible thing to do, since it confirms wrong doing and is probably fatal, not referring herself only allows others to think she did wrong. Damaging, but no fatal and if it turned out that Salmond doesn't get charged with anything then it takes a lot of sting out of it. 

Referral is an option only if you are pretty sure your squeaky clean and want to move on quickly.

30 minutes ago, Antlion said:

You can certainly hope so - but I can’t imagine people who believe Scotland is a country that should leave a union would be much swayed by the behaviour of the country’s leader in what seems to be a confusing and relatively minor (in terms of what’s happening in Britain) furore. I mean, are you losing your belief in the supremacy of the UK because May is a corrupt, soulless, racist egomaniac? Or did you cease to believe the UK should be maintained because Blair was a war criminal?

As usual You lose any argument by always inserting your blinkered view of anything remotely British. Yes, be a nationalist, but it does your cause no favours with the closed mind you show.

You can certainly hope so - but I can’t imagine people who believe Scotland is a country that should leave a union would be much swayed by the behaviour of the country’s leader in what seems to be a confusing and relatively minor (in terms of what’s happening in Britain) furore. I mean, are you losing your belief in the supremacy of the UK because May is a corrupt, soulless, racist egomaniac? Or did you cease to believe the UK should be maintained because Blair was a war criminal?

Any sort of scandal that embroils the figureheads of the movement, or the dominant party, could sap momentum and turn people off from engaging in the issue. I think that’s where the problems can emerge.

1 minute ago, Londonwell said:

Yes voters need to ask themselves who it is who is briefing the press about the Salmond/Sturgeon articles that they all think are nonsense and a unionist conspiracy.

No we don’t. I don’t think there’s a regionalist conspiracy.

38 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Oh dear it's getting very nasty within the Nationalist, Republican movement.

Ah - fear that you won’t get to lick the back of an octogenarian aristrocrat’s head is part of your commitment to preventing Scotland achieving statehood. Checks out.

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

No we don’t. I don’t think there’s a regionalist conspiracy.

Well stop talking pish then. Allow some objectivity, realise the potential problems that this presents and have a think about who is creating these problems.

Clue- it ain't the press, or the UK Gov.  

55 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

As usual You lose any argument by always inserting your blinkered view of anything remotely British. Yes, be a nationalist, but it does your cause no favours with the closed mind you show.

Excuse me? I’m not representative of any cause. If you equate condemning Theresa May with “a blinkered view of anything remotely British”, I’m afraid you’re the one who looks like an unthinking loyalist. Pointing out the faults of the UK’s leaders is no more “condemning all things British” than your pointing out the alleged faults of Sturgeon is condemning all things Scottish. 

3 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Well stop talking pish then. Allow some objectivity, realise the potential problems that this presents and have a think about who is creating these problems.

Clue- it ain't the press, or the UK Gov.  

Pretty sure I haven’t ventured any opinion on what lies behind the Salmond/Sturgeon situation, conspiracy or otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Pretty sure I haven’t ventured any opinion on what lies behind the Salmond/Sturgeon situation, conspiracy or otherwise.

A number of your replies have been...aye but the Tories/media.

We need to remember there are multiple women who have made accusations of serious sexual assault. Not everything can be defended with aye but those guys are worse. It is important that we sort our own house out as well. 

Edited by Londonwell

37 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

A number of your replies have been...aye but the Tories/media.

What? Where? I have never said anything about the Tories/media being behind the Salmond/Sturgeon stuff (mainly because I don’t believe that). 

I did say that UK leaders have had their own serious failings (that didn’t harm UK nationalists’ attachment to UK nationalism), but that was in response to your saying that a whiff of scandal around Sturgeon will damage Scotland’s chance at independence. That’s nothing to do with conspiracy. 

Edited by Antlion