When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My Tory voting Dad is convinced Scottish independence is coming in the next 5 years because of the Brexit shambles.

Interestingly, he reckons if Davidson & Mundell hadn’t sat in silence and had spoke up for Scotland, the union would be saved. He’s currently going so far as to blame the apparent independence of Scotland on Davidson only caring to be a media darling.

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

My Tory voting Dad is convinced Scottish independence is coming in the next 5 years because of the Brexit shambles.

Interestingly, he reckons if Davidson & Mundell hadn’t sat in silence and had spoke up for Scotland, the union would be saved. He’s currently going so far as to blame the apparent independence of Scotland on Davidson only caring to be a media darling.

I think many Tory voters/sympathisers in Scotland will be very concerned with Mundell’s near silence on the draft agreement and the surrounding furore.

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

He'll still vote independence down himself though and there in lies the problem. They'll continue to support the "union" no matter what the cost. Making it impossible for us to ever leave.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/11/20/scotland-should-free-rejoin-eu-says-spanish-foreign-minister/

We all know that Spain never seriously opposed Scottish independence anyway. It was yet another fallacy that desperate britnats clung on too.

Btw check the comments. They (South British types) don't like us very much:lol:

How can any Scottish voters identify wi these folk:(

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

Some absolute walloper on sky saying there was a survation poll today showing independence at only 40%. Is this true?

It was a Scotland in Union poll where they changed the question to a remain/leave format (and also asked the EU question at the same time). Was a complete farce where the only section of Scotland that was apparently in favour of "leaving" the UK was the North East, which of course is the most Brexith bit with actual Tories. So probably not.

Wouldn't worry about it. We know that how you ask the question can affect the answer, as well as what sequence the question appears in.  In this case they were going for deliberate obfuscation. 

It was a Scotland in Union poll where they changed the question to a remain/leave format (and also asked the EU question at the same time). Was a complete farce where the only section of Scotland that was apparently in favour of "leaving" the UK was the North East, which of course is the most Brexith bit with actual Tories. So probably not.

Wouldn't worry about it. We know that how you ask the question can affect the answer, as well as what sequence the question appears in.  In this case they were going for deliberate obfuscation. 

Prof Curtiss take on it is worth a read before you right it off completely. Indy2 is really only a "current" issue on P&B, but on Joe Publics to do list it's pretty far down. Nicola knows this but has to keep smiling and dangling the carrot. There is also reason to think the wording will be different should Indy2 occur. Personally I think the SNP will be to scared to call it pre Holyrood elections. The majority for it will go and the SNP will claim most seats at Holyrood is a huge success despite the "phyrric" nature of it. Then back to the day job while still waving the carrot of Indy2 although it is more unicorns horn than carrot by then. There is also the wild card of an incoming Corbyn Govt which would temporarily negate the "evil Tory" card. Other than that its looking great for Indy2.

10 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Prof Curtiss take on it is worth a read before you right it off completely. Indy2 is really only a "current" issue on P&B, but on Joe Publics to do list it's pretty far down. Nicola knows this but has to keep smiling and dangling the carrot. There is also reason to think the wording will be different should Indy2 occur. Personally I think the SNP will be to scared to call it pre Holyrood elections. The majority for it will go and the SNP will claim most seats at Holyrood is a huge success despite the "phyrric" nature of it. Then back to the day job while still waving the carrot of Indy2 although it is more unicorns horn than carrot by then. There is also the wild card of an incoming Corbyn Govt which would temporarily negate the "evil Tory" card. Other than that its looking great for Indy2.

The other funny thing about that poll is that despite the deliberate and leading question, a Hard Brexit still produces a statistical tie, and that there is a clear majority in favour of another referendum before 2026.  Holyrood controls the franchise, so the wording of the question is within the gift of the Scottish government - within the reason of the electoral commission of course.

It's not just a "current" issue on this little part of the Internet, otherwise those SiU dingbats wouldn't be furiously pedalling select parts of their push poll to every media outlet they could find. 

"Incoming Corbyn Government"

[emoji38]

He'll make a c**t of it. His spell as opposition leader has basically been an elongated version of Diana Ross's penalty at the USA94 ceremony.

Something is telling me you are one of these Nats that actually likes a Tory Govt at Westminster. More grist to your mill kinda thing. Personally I would welcome any left of centre Govt at WM. Imagine if it worked better than the media would like you to believe ? Then again that wouldn't assist Indy so let's just hope for a Tory landslide..

2 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

Indyref2 will be called by the FM before Xmas

Something is telling me you are one of these Nats that actually likes a Tory Govt at Westminster. More grist to your mill kinda thing. Personally I would welcome any left of centre Govt at WM. Imagine if it worked better than the media would like you to believe ? Then again that wouldn't assist Indy so let's just hope for a Tory landslide..
Ffs Dave. You surely weren't expecting a bite with that pish. You'll need to up your game a tad.