When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Sinn Fein and the UDP hadn't closed down Stormont over language rights and manic corruption over the energy thing, perhaps NI and Scotland could have combined as powerful voices with big majorities for remain. Could have made a difference.

No supporter of the DUP, but Big Arlene has complied with everything that the RHI enquiry has asked of her. The SF position, using the Irish language act as a bargaining chip is a useless and disingenuous smokescreen. It has disabled Stormont for almost 2 years. How can they complain that their voice could make a difference? They are as divisive and separatist as the SNP. Let’s not pretend there’s a fag paper between the two.

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

No supporter of the DUP, but Big Arlene has complied with everything that the RHI enquiry has asked of her. The SF position, using the Irish language act as a bargaining chip is a useless and disingenuous smokescreen. It has disabled Stormont for almost 2 years. How can they complain that their voice could make a difference? They are as divisive and separatist as the SNP. Let’s not pretend there’s a fag paper between the two.

If you mean a fag paper between the UDP and Sinn Fein I'd agree. Both ignoring their constituents interests and their responsibilities and getting paid for it. 

30 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Are they as divisive and separatist as the Tories you voted for?

Are they as divisive and separatist as the Tories you voted for?

We have a precious vote, still denied to many the world over. So I will use mine as granted. I’ve done so since I was able to. I can honestly tell you that I’ve gone for the best of a bad bunch every single time, whether in local or national elections. I don’t truly feel that any party really reflects my views, beliefs or opinions and never have.
I’ll hopefully retire in a couple of years, but it saddens me as to we are leaving to the next generation to resolve.

3 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

She’s got enough on her plate at the moment don’t ya think. There’s potentially a huge impending split within the Nationalist movement that she’s preoccupied with? An Elephant in the room if you like.

I am interested in this huge split....do you perhaps mean the healthy debate over timing and how hard to press?

10 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Why is Nic shiting it here?

Sadly we probably need to wait until the middle of March until the whole shitshow is played out

There will likely be No Deal which is a decent grounding and justification for kicking off Indy Ref 2

The Uber Nat wallopers on Twitter like Peter Bell who are stamping their feet demanding an immediate dissolution of the Union need to calm the f**k down

We’re potentially a few baw hairs from independence, why f**k it now by shooting our bolt too early 

There might be another GE or new PM before that ffs 

8 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

We have a precious vote, still denied to many the world over. So I will use mine as granted. I’ve done so since I was able to. I can honestly tell you that I’ve gone for the best of a bad bunch every single time, whether in local or national elections. I don’t truly feel that any party really reflects my views, beliefs or opinions and never have.
I’ll hopefully retire in a couple of years, but it saddens me as to we are leaving to the next generation to resolve.

That doesn’t really answer the question, which was “are the DUP and SF and SNP as divisive and separatist (your words) as the right-wing separatist Tory party you helped enable to divide the UK and separate us from the EU?”

Sadly we probably need to wait until the middle of March until the whole shitshow is played out
There will likely be No Deal which is a decent grounding and justification for kicking off Indy Ref 2
The Uber Nat wallopers on Twitter like Peter Bell who are stamping their feet demanding an immediate dissolution of the Union need to calm the f**k down
We’re potentially a few baw hairs from independence, why f**k it now by shooting our bolt too early 
There might be another GE or new PM before that ffs 
This.

Let it play out - we're not far from the final endgame.

I personally think that the First Minister has been absolutely spot on with her strategy since the bloody nose at the last General Election.

They've clearly tried everything - even Tories are admitting that the deal on offer could break the Union.

That doesn’t really answer the question, which was “are the DUP and SF and SNP as divisive and separatist (your words) as the right-wing separatist Tory party you helped enable to divide the UK and separate us from the EU?”

Hell yeah, the SNP & SF are both determined to break up the Union, the Tories & DUP now seem to be intent on helping them in addition to leaving the EU.
Did I vote for the Conservative candidate in the 2016 GE based on her local agenda? YES
Did I consider supporting either the SNP incumbent or his nearest rival (LD) who re-took the seat after being completely ineffective the first time around? NO
Did I truthfully expect the UK wide EU referendum to return a leave vote? NO
Do I still have a right to voice my concerns of how this whole mess is being handled, yes I think I do. I understand that you may disagree.

7 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Hell yeah, the SNP & SF are both determined to break up the Union, the Tories & DUP now seem to be intent on helping them in addition to leaving the EU.
Did I vote for the Conservative candidate in the 2016 GE based on her local agenda? YES
Did I consider supporting either the SNP incumbent or his nearest rival (LD) who re-took the seat after being completely ineffective the first time around? NO
Do I still have a right to voice my concerns of how this whole mess is being handled, yes I think I do. I understand that you may disagree.

In other words you couldn't see the woods for the trees and are no doubt doomed to continue to make the same stupid ill informed political decisions over and over again. bQshDtu.png

7 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

So the only separatist and diviseness you don’t like is when it comes to that which threatens Scotland’s status as a minor region of the Anglocentric UK? When it comes to the European Union (a union that has coincided with peace and prosperity across the continent for the first time in centuries), you are quite willing to endorse and throw your vote behind a party which promoted diviseness by virtue of a referendum in its manifesto and, on the back of it, is now enacting a separatist policy?

What a pathetic little hypocrite you are. A separatist sower of division who decries others as separatists and sowers of division only when his own glorified flag is threatened. Own the results of your fucking decisions instead of trying to accuse others of what you’ve enabled.

Edited by Antlion

25 minutes ago, Antlion said:

So the only separatist and diviseness you don’t like is when it comes to that which threatens Scotland’s status as a minor region of the Anglocentric UK? When it comes to the European Union (a union that has coincided with peace and prosperity across the continent for the first time in centuries), you are quite willing to endorse and throw your vote behind a party which promoted diviseness by virtue of a referendum in its manifesto and, on the back of it, is now enacting a separatist policy?

What a pathetic little hypocrite you are. A separatist sower of division who decries other as separatists and sowers of division only when his own glorified flag is threatened. Own the results of your fucking decisions instead of trying to accuse others of what you’ve enabled.

Hard hitting but spot on.

Head says let it play out and  see how much rope the b*****ds hang themselves with.

Heart says. AYE LET'S GET TAE f**k  OUT THE UK RIGHT NOW. 

This whole mess is getting me angsty. Absolute simpletons down in Westminster are proving to all what a sorry state the UK is.  Glorious. 

What a pathetic little hypocrite you are. A separatist sower of division who decries other as separatists and sowers of division only when his own glorified flag is threatened. Own the results of your fucking decisions instead of trying to accuse others of what you’ve enabled.

I’ve said a number of times that Westminster cannot continue to ignore the voice of Scotland particularly with regards to the EU, also that it would be hard to disagree with those who would support independence in a second Ref on the back of this mess. I’ll still say the SNP don’t do themselves any favours at WM though.
I’ve no problem in owning the responsibility of the result in which I participated (through voting Tory in 2016 as you suggest) at all. The decision on offering the EU Ref had been made long before then btw. I wanted to remain in the UK and within the EU. I don’t see what’s hypocritical about that. I and many others voted exactly the same way in the Ref, the GE and the EU Ref.
The notion that Republicans in Northern Ireland and Nationalists in Scotland are separatists hell bent on breaking up the U.K. is entirely consistent. It isn’t meant as an insult its just a fact. Again, I could have never have envisioned that we would leave the EU, but I’ll live with it though.

25 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

I’ve said a number of times that Westminster cannot continue to ignore the voice of Scotland particularly with regards to the EU, also that it would be hard to disagree with those who would support independence in a second Ref on the back of this mess. I’ll still say the SNP don’t do themselves any favours at WM though.
I’ve no problem in owning the responsibility of the result in which I participated (through voting Tory in 2016 as you suggest) at all. The decision on offering the EU Ref had been made long before then btw. I wanted to remain in the UK and within the EU. I don’t see what’s hypocritical about that. I and many others voted exactly the same way in the Ref, the GE and the EU Ref.
The notion that Republicans in Northern Ireland and Nationalists in Scotland are separatists hell bent on breaking up the U.K. is entirely consistent. It isn’t meant as an insult its just a fact. Again, I could have never have envisioned that we would leave the EU, but I’ll live with it though.

It's ironic that the DUP are being the most effective in potentially making it happen.