When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

I agree that a referendum victory would be an ideal scenario.

But that relies on Westminster allowing it.....and if they were to get round to allowing it, setting the timing and terms. F@ck that.

This is Westminsters doing. People realise that. We have tried the referendum route. The SNP were given the biggest democratic mandate imaginable for a referendum. They duly requested it and were fobbed off. That is not democracy. Time to up the ante unfortunately.

UDI or anything similar would be roundly laughed into irrelevance. I seriously doubt the SNP were even bothered as to how Theresa May reacted over their intention to hold one. They haven't wanted to hold one yet hence why it hasn't happened. f**k all to do with Westminster.

44 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

f**k off with this shite. The integrity of our parliament is at risk.

So people's genuine fears over this uncertainty are to be brushed aside. There would be more integrity for the Scottish parliament if they waited until the dust settled on brexit.

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

So people's genuine fears over this uncertainty are to be brushed aside. There would be more integrity for the Scottish parliament if they waited until the dust settled on brexit.

Define "dust settled" though. 

58 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

https_%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Ferikkain%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F05%2FFallout-3.jpg

Many hours spent playing Fallout 4 has prepared me for Brexit. Bring it on.

Also, if we don't vote for independence after this utter shambles then I'll concede that it will never happen. 

7 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Many hours spent playing Fallout 4 has prepared me for Brexit. Bring it on.

Also, if we don't vote for independence after this utter shambles then I'll concede that it will never happen. 

3 way ballot paper

Yes

No

Another Settlement needs your help

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

No. Just your fears.

You would find a reason not to want a referendum on independence no matter what circumstances prevailed. Folk with your perspective couldn't give a f**k about when a referendum was held. Your first priority is not to enable one at all. 

Get the thing on, you can vote No and then we'll see where we are. 

Just now, HTG said:

No. Just your fears.

You would find a reason not to want a referendum on independence no matter what circumstances prevailed. Folk with your perspective couldn't give a f**k about when a referendum was held. Your first priority is not to enable one at all. 

Get the thing on, you can vote No and then we'll see where we are. 

Oh my! That really is a pile of balderdash you write. Isn't it?

I think we're not far from that point.

The closer we get to 29 March the closer we get to either No Deal or Hard Brexit.

If by some miracle there is a Soft Brexit/Second EU Referendum then IndyRef2 will go on the back burner.

I just don't think that either of those things are going to happen because the Tories won't vote for it and Corbyn is a fence-sitting shitebag.

Why is Nic shiting it here?

She’s got enough on her plate at the moment don’t ya think. There’s potentially a huge impending split within the Nationalist movement that she’s preoccupied with? An Elephant in the room if you like.

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I would love to think that the whole Brexit mess has driven folk into the YES camp but I have my doubts.

As has been said many times before the next Indepence vote is crucial, we cannot afford to get it wrong.

In the immediate aftermath of the Leave vote I seen a lot of no voters that I know on social media saying they want independence off the back of the leave outcome. Not convinced they would all vote yes though, if it came to it.

6 minutes ago, Ross. said:

In the immediate aftermath of the Leave vote I seen a lot of no voters that I know on social media saying they want independence off the back of the leave outcome. Not convinced they would all vote yes though, if it came to it.

If Sinn Fein and the UDP hadn't closed down Stormont over language rights and manic corruption over the energy thing, perhaps NI and Scotland could have combined as powerful voices with big majorities for remain. Could have made a difference.

59 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Why is Nic shiting it here?

I don't believe she is. Shes is quite rightly sticking to what she has said from the beginning on the timing. 

We don't know where this Brexit turmoil is going and what will happen. But time is running out for Nicola too - that's why I believe she will call indyref2 before the end of the year or January 2019 at the latest

13 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
If Sinn Fein and the UDP hadn't closed down Stormont over language rights and manic corruption over the energy thing, perhaps NI and Scotland could have combined as powerful voices with big majorities for remain. Could have made a difference.

Would rather not be associated with NI tbh

Fine for you to say with your Irish passport.