When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Sorry to piss on your parade... or actually I'm cock a hoop. Survation back up the SNP tweets:

Majority for Indy. It's moving our way.

That's what the nationalists were saying in the referendum. But on the day when people got to the polling booth it resulted in a crushing defeat.

9 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

That's what the nationalists were saying in the referendum. But on the day when people got to the polling booth it resulted in a crushing defeat.

Because it was moving our way. We came from the low 20's to the mid 40's.

Now polls showing 45 to 50 plus. 

Surely you can see where this is going?

Because it was moving our way. We came from the low 20's to the mid 40's.
Now polls showing 45 to 50 plus. 
Surely you can see where this is going?

Given the absolute mess that Westminster is in at present, particularly with regards to Brexit (plus a clear remain majority in Scotland), wouldn’t you expect a massive surge towards indyref2 and a Yes vote.
It doesn’t appear to be the case just yet, seriously why is that?

3 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Given the absolute mess that Westminster is in at present, particularly with regards to Brexit (plus a clear remain majority in Scotland), wouldn’t you expect a massive surge towards indyref2 and a Yes vote.

It is a shambles but a shambles that is yet to reach a conclusion. People will wait to find out what we get first. If we remain in the CU/SM i can't see an indyref2 happening.

if it's a no deal scenario and people see real negative effects to their lives then the polls will shift and an indyref2 will happen.

Even then it's still too close to call. 

10 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

It is a shambles but a shambles that is yet to reach a conclusion. People will wait to find out what we get first. If we remain in the CU/SM i can't see an indyref2 happening.

if it's a no deal scenario and people see real negative effects to their lives then the polls will shift and an indyref2 will happen.

When we exit with or without a deal the people of Scotland will shelter under the Union Jack.

17 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

If the UK stay in the CU/SM independence would be far less complicated. A hard brexit would give far more hurdles, negotiating reentry or staying in the EU while keeping unrestricted trade with the rUK would make the Irish border question seem like a doddle to sort. 

4 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

I don’t think there’s an easy answer to that but part of it IMO is to do with the negativity and xenophobia that drove (and is still driving) the Leave supporters.

Im not saying all those who voted Leave are all xenophobes but I think a proportion of them are and that proportion is larger than the 4% difference between the two sets of voters.

People who mistakenly blame unemployment and social decline on immigration are driven to vote as they have by negativity and that is easier to inspire than positivity which I believe is spurring the YES campaign.

I don’t think there’s an easy answer to that but part of it IMO is to do with the negativity and xenophobia that drove (and is still driving) the Leave supporters.
Im not saying all those who voted Leave are all xenophobes but I think a proportion of them are and that proportion is larger than the 4% difference between the two sets of voters.

You voted leave, didn’t you?

7 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Polls like the above don't include EU voters or 15 - 17 yos who'll have a vote when the time comes. Don't you agree that EU residents are likely to vote, massively, in favour of I-Scot in the EU and that young voters tend to favour Indy?