When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Couldn't get moving with all those street parties today 

I hope the next Independence Referendum is on July or August.  The idea of celebrating Independence Day at a time of year when the sun may actually shine is a wonderful thought.

Then there will be street parties.

I hope the next Independence Referendum is on July or August.  The idea of celebrating Independence Day at a time of year when the sun may actually shine is a wonderful thought.
Then there will be street parties.

Never going to happen, so the YesLosers will need to stick to watching screenings of Braveheart in George Square with pained looks on their faces. Pleasing.

9 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Never going to happen, so the YesLosers will need to stick to watching screenings of Braveheart in George Square with pained looks on their faces. Pleasing.

Not so sure.  Very close last time around and the demographics suggest the support for YES will grow.

The effects of a Hard Brexit, if it were to happen,  may push some previous NO voters to YES.  The swing required is quite small.

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not so sure.  Very close last time around and the demographics suggest the support for YES will grow.

The effects of a Hard Brexit, if it were to happen,  may push some previous NO voters to YES.  The swing required is quite small.

Very close? Really?

33 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Don't forget the non UK EU nationals. If they are allowed to vote next time, that is.

2 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Very close? Really?

It wasn't very, very close but aye, very close will do.

I wrote on here before hand that Yes at sub 40% was a total fucked it result and we needed 48+ to wring a properly panicked, decent proto federal  settlement out of Westminster. 45 got us income tax, a massive realingment in voting demographics and a solid pro Yes base 15 points above where we started. So I'd class that as very close.

56 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Very close? Really?

Certainly close when you consider that support for indy went from around 28% to 45%. Support now is between that and 52% and many of these polls don't count 16/17 yos and EU citizens apparently.

My auld Brit of a war-generation mum has gone from No to Yes because of Brexit and as more Brexitchaos ensues, a few more will come our way.

Not so sure.  Very close last time around and the demographics suggest the support for YES will grow. The effects of a Hard Brexit, if it were to happen,  may push some previous NO voters to YES.  The swing required is quite small.

This. 

The last campaign showed how soft the No vote really is - I think there's still a soft underbelly if their promises last time round are put under close scrutiny. The demographic split of the Yes-No vote also means, to put it bluntly, that there will be more dead No voters than dead Yes voters.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This. 

The last campaign showed how soft the No vote really is - I think there's still a soft underbelly if their promises last time round are put under close scrutiny. The demographic split of the Yes-No vote also means, to put it bluntly, that there will be more dead No voters than dead Yes voters.

I'm not so sure. The chaos of Brexit and the problems with the Irish border could put a few Yes voters off the next time around. How would we get frictionless borders with both the rUK and the EU for instance?