When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

At any cost?

I'm not sure anything is worth it at any cost.

So no, not at any cost.

But it seems to be any potential costs that it could cause are easily worth it. I can't see anything that could occur that wouldn't be worth it.

At any cost?

I know of only one poster on here who would want it at any cost.
Its quite obviously in Scotlands interest, thats why I want it, if it wasn’t I wouldn’t.
Ask yourself this, why is London so keen to continue a union with a country that it apparently gives so much to and receives so little back...? Ive genuinely never had an answer to that question from a British nationalist.

Its quite obviously in Scotlands interest, thats why I want it, if it wasn’t I wouldn’t.
Ask yourself this, why is London so keen to continue a union with a country that it apparently gives so much to and receives so little back...? Ive genuinely never had an answer to that question from a British nationalist.

Prestige and pretension at still being a great power are two other reasons I imagine.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

A question I have never had an adequate answer other than platitudes and sentimental bollocks from uber unionists. 

At this moment in time we have, as ever, vast resources of oil & gas, renewable resources, quality farmland and fisheries and lots of water.  Plus somewhere to dump the nuclear toys. That alone keeps us too handy to let go.

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I genuinely don't know why London wants to hang on to us. It may be the natural resources that Scotland has or that Scotland apparently gives more back to the treasury than we receive or maybe it's just as arch unionists they believe that they know best and we should know our place.

4 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

I genuinely don't know why London wants to hang on to us. It may be the natural resources that Scotland has or that Scotland apparently gives more back to the treasury than we receive or maybe it's just as arch unionists they believe that they know best and we should know our place.

Or all of the above.  You're union at all costs though.

That isn’t the view of most rational Unionists though (that Scotland doesn’t pay its way).
In addition to the list of valuable natural resources offered by Speckled Tangerine above, you might add, a skilled and motivated workforce, a thriving technology and finance sector, our performance in construction, biotech, energy & tourism. With competitive running costs, we are a great place to do business, maintaining and building a diverse, innovative and entrepreneurial SME market.
A revered education system including world class HEI’s, supporting cutting edge research & development.
Our current Defence commitments and responsibilities in Scotland although somewhat controversial are also undeniably a huge factor for London, in terms of security and stability.

I think it’s pretty clear why ‘London’ wants Scotland to remain within the Union.

10 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

That isn’t the view of most rational Unionists though (that Scotland doesn’t pay its way).
In addition to the list of valuable natural resources offered by Speckled Tangerine above, you might add, a skilled and motivated workforce, a thriving technology and finance sector, our performance in construction, biotech, energy & tourism. With competitive running costs, we are a great place to do business, maintaining and building a diverse, innovative and entrepreneurial SME market.
A revered education system including world class HEI’s, supporting cutting edge research & development.
Our current Defence commitments and responsibilities in Scotland although somewhat controversial are also undeniably a huge factor for London, in terms of security and stability.

I think it’s pretty clear why ‘London’ wants Scotland to remain within the Union.

Every "no" that I know, literally without exception, believes the "too poor" line.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Every "no" that I know, literally without exception, believes the "too poor" line.

I’m annoyed by how common this is too. It seems to be an idea that has lasted centuries - the idea that Scotland is a poor country. It probably didn’t help that so much wealth has always been concentrated in a few hands. The lower classes in Scotland didn’t reach the same standard of living as their counterparts in England until the 20s or 30s.

The “too stupid” idea seems to have grown since the 70s and 80s, when we ceased to be known as a nation of analytical thinkers and technology-focused builders, and became one of hard-drinking neds and dolies. No surprise that it was UK policy that brought about much of the unemployment.

Edited by Antlion

I worked with a teenager back in 2014 who's literally the only person I've known who consistently talked about independence, Scottish and EU. Everything started with "my dad says". He actually came out with a variation on the "too wee, too poor, too stupid" line once, and his ultimate putdown catchphrase was that after independence, "Scotland will be the Somalia of Europe".

I know this hasn't got much to do with anything, but I'm curious - was Dad serious, or a really cruel wind-up merchant? I've never met anyone who actually spoke like that in the real world, let alone sent their kid out spouting that kind of unsolicited guff.

The SNP are liars and fantasists that appeal to emotion and not fact and will not cut their own throats with ref2 when every poll tells them it's a dead parrot.
Walking in a minter wonderland

The SNP are liars and fantasists that appeal to emotion and not fact and will not cut their own throats with ref2 when every poll tells them it's a dead parrot.
That doesn't make any sense at all. In other news, f**k off HeHawHeHaw. There's a good lad.

1 hour ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

There’s nothing like a well argued post to make your point.

And that’s nothing like a well argued post.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s nothing like a well argued post to make your point.

And that’s nothing like a well argued post.

2 + 2 = 5. That's the SNP take on a "well argued point". Don't believe your eyes and ears folks...  "Coz wull grow the ecoanamy to mek up fur that black hole.., keep the poond, git in EU and nae hard border wae Inglund.  You'll still get yir free prescriptions and uni degrees - wull pay for it wi Scots mist. And so whit our 2014 forecasts were thooasnds of percent oot....wee Mhairi and Humza huv a plan see."

2 + 2 = 5. That's the SNP take on a "well argued point". Don't believe your eyes and ears folks...  "Coz wull grow the ecoanamy to mek up fur that black hole.., keep the poond, git in EU and nae hard border wae Inglund.  You'll still get yir free prescriptions and uni degrees - wull pay for it wi Scots mist. And so whit our 2014 forecasts were thooasnds of percent oot....wee Mhairi and Humza huv a plan see."

Wtf is this drivel? [emoji38]