When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I second this. If Red Rob turns away from blind UK nationalism and opens his mind, there is literally hope for anyone.

If he comes out as a Yes supporter, no matter how reluctant, I will personally send him a family-size bag of Haribo starmix and a double pack of D-cell batteries.

Mon, Rob. Get Theresa May and her shit-show of xenophobic, Europe-hating, sneering cuntbubbles right in the fucking sea. Let’s be friends and open neighbours with the people England and Wales, but keep our political landscape separate from the increasingly-mental one they seem to be favouring.

6 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Well how about we try and convince him otherwise.  It is worth a try.  

All for that idea and you’re right, of course.

I have my doubts though, the thing is that people like Rob are ideologically against an Independant Scotland, They’re emotionally attached to Great Britain (which I don’t really have a problem with btw, despite not understanding the rationale one bit) and those feelings run deep.

But yes, moan Rob come to the land of milk and honey.

Don't be so naive he's a hardcore watp gstq bigot.
Thank f**k you're not in charge of the next yes campaign.

It's a rare thing in life that I agree on so many levels with someone who comes across to the world as such an arsehole.

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Thank f**k you're not in charge of the next yes campaign.

It's a rare thing in life that I agree on so many levels with someone who comes across to the world as such an arsehole.

It's true.  Robs type are lost causes and will put zero thought into their vote in indyref two.  He'll vote no forever regardless of the arguments as he's a bigot.  He's been raised that way.  My dad is the exact same. 

You're wasting your time trying to convince people like that. Rob was asked on here if it's union above all else no matter what and answered fkn right it is. 

He's a bigot who crosses a sea to go to a different country every year to march in celebration of protestant supremacy in a small part of Ireland.  He's basically taking the piss out of you by pretending he's even interested in the arguments.

Edited by Peppino Impastato

I second this. If Red Rob turns away from blind UK nationalism and opens his mind, there is literally hope for anyone.
If he comes out as a Yes supporter, no matter how reluctant, I will personally send him a family-size bag of Haribo starmix and a double pack of D-cell batteries.
Mon, Rob. Get Theresa May and her shit-show of xenophobic, Europe-hating, sneering cuntbubbles right in the fucking sea. Let’s be friends and open neighbours with the people England and Wales, but keep our political landscape separate from the increasingly-mental one they seem to be favouring.

Whoa, just hold on a wee moment, much as though a huge bag of Haribo’s would be a rare treat btw! You & I had an exchange back in early Feb, with regards to the Union, Brexit & Independence?
I found myself trying to defend the indefensible and impossible. It has bothered me ever since.
I cannot support the blind idiocy of Brexit and have yet to meet anyone who can properly explain its supposed benefits.
Again, those who purport to support the continuation of a United Kingdom in Government are those who will be directly responsible for dismantling it through this mayhem.
It’s a tough gig for many Scottish Unionists at present, who feel as disgruntled, frustrated & distanced with Westminster as I do.
I don’t expect any sympathy with that, but for many of ‘us’ we are still trying to work out what the best way forward is.
I include in that, friends and relations who would never ever have contemplated or even discussed supporting an independent Scotland 18 months ago.

I’d genuinely be interested to hear the truthful opinions of other Unionists on P&B, small in number perhaps, but worthwhile contributions all the same?

It's true.  Robs type are lost causes and will put zero thought into their vote in indyref two.  He'll vote no forever regardless of the arguments as he's a bigot.  He's been raised that way.  My dad is the exact same.  You're wasting your time trying to convince people like that. Rob was asked on here if it's union above all else no matter what and answered fkn right it is.  He's a bigot who crosses a sea to go to a different country every year to march in celebration of protestant supremacy in a small part of Ireland.  He's basically taking the piss out of you by pretending he's even interested in the arguments. 

You honestly don’t have a clue Pep, It’s true, the 12th of July has always been a wee holiday over the water for as long as I can remember. These days it pretty much covers a round of Golf, a quiet day fishing, watching the county parade and a family BBQ on the evening of the 12th. It isn’t quite as hardcore as you think or would like to believe.  

4 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

The thing is, as you are aware - nobody believes a word of what you say.

What is becoming increasingly clear though, as you've mentioned, is that crying out everybody who goes to see fitba at Ibrox as some rabid, uber-right unionist is not quite how it pans out in reality.

Aye it's only about 90% of them tbf

7 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

You honestly don’t have a clue Pep, It’s true, the 12th of July has always been a wee holiday over the water for as long as I can remember. These days it pretty much covers a round of Golf, a quiet day fishing, watching the county parade and a family BBQ on the evening of the 12th. It isn’t quite as hardcore as you think or would like to believe.  

You mean a pilgrimage of bigotry every year.  We knew that Rob.

How many uppity foreign types live in Scotland now? They would all surely vote for independence this time, where a majority voted no in the past for understandable(At the time) reasons.

The thing is, as you are aware - nobody believes a word of what you say.
What is becoming increasingly clear though, as you've mentioned, is that crying out everybody who goes to see fitba at Ibrox as some rabid, uber-right unionist is not quite how it pans out in reality.

I’ve read that back a couple of times now, and I still don’t have a fuckin clue what you’re on about in relation to Brexit & Scottish Independence.
Pep, seems to get your gist though, which is telling in itself I guess.

21 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Whoa, just hold on a wee moment, much as though a huge bag of Haribo’s would be a rare treat btw! You & I had an exchange back in early Feb, with regards to the Union, Brexit & Independence?
I found myself trying to defend the indefensible and impossible. It has bothered me ever since.
I cannot support the blind idiocy of Brexit and have yet to meet anyone who can properly explain its supposed benefits.
Again, those who purport to support the continuation of a United Kingdom in Government are those who will be directly responsible for dismantling it through this mayhem.
It’s a tough gig for many Scottish Unionists at present, who feel as disgruntled, frustrated & distanced with Westminster as I do.
I don’t expect any sympathy with that, but for many of ‘us’ we are still trying to work out what the best way forward is.
I include in that, friends and relations who would never ever have contemplated or even discussed supporting an independent Scotland 18 months ago.

I’d genuinely be interested to hear the truthful opinions of other Unionists on P&B, small in number perhaps, but worthwhile contributions all the same?

Unionism is a political ideology bound to the Act of Union. If you feel distanced from Westminster, then you should feel just as distant from unionism itself. 

Quite why you'd go out your way to hang onto an ideology you don't believe in, I don't know. 

48 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Unionism is a political ideology bound to the Act of Union. If you feel distanced from Westminster, then you should feel just as distant from unionism itself. 

Quite why you'd go out your way to hang onto an ideology you don't believe in, I don't know. 

Cause he's an unthinking bigot.  He's been conditioned from birth.  Total lost cause.

1 hour ago, AMMjag said:

This is it. It should be a no brainer. The fact that it isn't says more for Rob than anything else.

On 19/07/2018 at 00:22, RedRob72 said:

Does the Union in its current guise (following Brexit) offer the best chance of prosperity for the next generation in Scotland? Sadly, I feel that it doesn’t.

Good to see some imaginative thinking from people in previously entrenched positions. There is still hope. 

Well I shifted so there is hope for anyone.