When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Well if we cannot learn from Better together and the Brexit campaign then we are gonnae lose again.

Seems you can tell as big a lie as you like and no repercussion.

The next indy ref campaign should include a huge element of using the "Better Together" campaign against them. Almost every major claim they made has since been shown for what it was. All we need this time is to put forward a coherent argument on the currency and it really should be a shootie-in for the Yes vote.

Just now, Ross. said:

The next indy ref campaign should include a huge element of using the "Better Together" campaign against them. Almost every major claim they made has since been shown for what it was. All we need this time is to put forward a coherent argument on the currency and it really should be a shootie-in for the Yes vote.

BT start a man down as everyone knows that anything they promise will be looked upon as more lies.

Nic needs to woo pensioners with a triple lock guarantee of a good pension for our grannies and she could maybe consider wearing a sash to attract a few staunch voters

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

BT start a man down as everyone knows that anything they promise will be looked upon as more lies.

Nic needs to woo pensioners with a triple lock guarantee of a good pension for our grannies and she could maybe consider wearing a sash to attract a few staunch voters

They start a man down, but we need to make sure everyone knows why he was sent off, so to speak. Absolutely every claim made by unionists in debate has to be pulled up with it being pointed out what that spokesperson said in the last campaign and them being asked why we should believe them this time.

The staunch vote can be wooed with the promise of good marching conditions every July from now until eternity, and the introduction of a "Make sure the roads are in walking condition" tax on HGV's.

They start a man down, but we need to make sure everyone knows why he was sent off, so to speak. Absolutely every claim made by unionists in debate has to be pulled up with it being pointed out what that spokesperson said in the last campaign and them being asked why we should believe them this time.
The staunch vote can be wooed with the promise of good marching conditions every July from now until eternity, and the introduction of a "Make sure the roads are in walking condition" tax on HGV's.
The problem i see here,is we need a media to report these arguments, to ensure everyone know's why he's been sent off. Not confident that would happen.

1 minute ago, jakedee said:
4 hours ago, Ross. said:

The problem i see here,is we need a media to report these arguments, to ensure everyone know's why he's been sent off. Not confident that would happen.

It is a problem, I agree. I don't see any other approach than the one I mention though. If they aren't called out on it when making new claims, you are letting them off easy. At least this puts them under pressure and reduces the potential for positive soundbites and smiley, happy pictures.

I think a lot of undecideds would resent more upheaval while the chaos of Brexit is still going on.

Recall saying this on the night of the EU Ref result, and given the current disarray at Westminster, there’s no way a 2nd IndyRef could be contested within the next 3 years at least.

It pains me to say it, but the damage that will inevitably ensue, will provide the biggest impetus in reversing the 2014 vote. Those in favour of an Independent Scotland will just have to sit tight until they are handed it on a plate.

Can Scotland withstand the pain in the meantime? I think the pragmatic answer to that is becoming increasingly clear.

Does the Union in its current guise (following Brexit) offer the best chance of prosperity for the next generation in Scotland? Sadly, I feel that it doesn’t.

20 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Recall saying this on the night of the EU Ref result, and given the current disarray at Westminster, there’s no way a 2nd IndyRef could be contested within the next 3 years at least.

It pains me to say it, but the damage that will inevitably ensue, will provide the biggest impetus in reversing the 2014 vote. Those in favour of an Independent Scotland will just have to sit tight until they are handed it on a plate.

Can Scotland withstand the pain in the meantime? I think the pragmatic answer to that is becoming increasingly clear.

Does the Union in its current guise (following Brexit) offer the best chance of prosperity for the next generation in Scotland? Sadly, I feel that it doesn’t.

Or any of the previous ten generations.

20 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Or any of the previous ten generations.

Did they aye, Norway was becoming the richest country in the world in your generation because of oil.  Scotland has had more oil, how did we fare in comparison?

So Scotland would have been more prosperous independent, there's no doubt about it.

Did they aye, Norway was becoming the richest country in the world in your generation because of oil.  Scotland has had more oil, how did we fare in comparison?
So Scotland would have been more prosperous independent, there's no doubt about it.

And what would you like to do about that now Pep? A reparation of funds from Westminster perhaps?

4 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

And what would you like to do about that now Pep? A reparation of funds from Westminster perhaps?

That would be nice yeah, though the UK is effectively bankrupt so they don't have it to give.  An apology, recognition that we were lies to and we were subsidising the UK very heavily for a long time.  Good thinking Wes.

That would be nice yeah, though the UK is effectively bankrupt so they don't have it to give.  An apology, recognition that we were lies to and we were subsidising the UK very heavily for a long time.  Good thinking Wes.

Glad that you approve Pep! [emoji6]

Recall saying this on the night of the EU Ref result, and given the current disarray at Westminster, there’s no way a 2nd IndyRef could be contested within the next 3 years at least. It pains me to say it, but the damage that will inevitably ensue, will provide the biggest impetus in reversing the 2014 vote. Those in favour of an Independent Scotland will just have to sit tight until they are handed it on a plate.

Good post
My concern is that there will still be swivel eyed yoons who are so entrenched in their thinking that they will back the union at all costs, not to mention the fleg, rangers and the auld c***s. (exception given to GD here)
Still think we need more control of media, and some senior politicians outwith the SNP to turn....

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Good post
My concern is that there will still be swivel eyed yoons who are so entrenched in their thinking that they will back the union at all costs, not to mention the fleg, rangers and the auld c***s. (exception given to GD here)
Still think we need more control of media, and some senior politicians outwith the SNP to turn....

Aye you're speaking to one.  Rob will still vote no cause rangers and king Billy and blah blah blah.

8 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

There’ll be an Indy Ref in under 3 years and you’ll still vote No. Nap

16-17s might be worth a point, but that's it. It's no shame, and the resilience of the Yes vote is a great base, but we will not move those polls without a campaign now, and voices who would counsel waiting until the polls swing decisively our way are going to be waiting a very long time.

When the campaign starts the No vote will melt as it did last time.

It's just when to go for it- I think waiting until we see the Brexit deal on the table is the right strategy.

The loss by the Tory rebels makes it more not less likely that the hard-line Brexiters will get their way or there will be a no deal.

3 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Chill out guys.  

I think Red Rob is slowly turning towards the idea that Independence is good.  We do not want to alienate potential voters to our cause.  

It is possible that rangers fans can back Independence.  I know of 2 that voted Yes in 2014. (And one of them was ex orange lodge)

Give Red Rob a break and see if we can help continue his journey towards the light of Independence.  

Don't be so naive he's a hardcore watp gstq bigot.