When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With just about the entire Westminster civil service swamped with working on the Brexit debacle, and probably Holyrood too, there is no chance of an indy ref until after Brexit is resolved one way or another. 

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Problem with this is that if the SNP are seen to be threatening the Corbyn minority government in anyway they will be lambasted as the Tartan Torys. There will also be the huge arguement that Scotland is leading the UK based on propping up a labour government. Arguement of little control, shut up and eat your cereal goes away. If we can't win a referendum now when we have no say whatsoever and are shackled to an absolute brexit mess with the threat of a BoJo prime minister; not to mention a very friendly Scotland EU... We never will
Now is the time...

I notice that you conveniently ignored the ‘permission’ issue I raised.  Is it too inconvenient for you to address?

I notice that you conveniently ignored the ‘permission’ issue I raised.  Is it too inconvenient for you to address?  

Nope I did notice it; I'm sure given a future outwith the EU Vs Scotland wanting to be an independent EU country (ala SNP material change) this can be negotiated. Perhaps you wish to address all the other points I raised regarding a Labour minority propped up by SNP kingpins?

Let them refuse.....and draw great attention to each refusal. This can only push Scottish public opinion one way.

With repeat refusals, whats to stop the pro independence parties canvasing on a platform of the SP negotiating independence. 

If Westminter then refused to listen it would be a democratic outrage at least on a par with Spain.

18 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Let them refuse.....and draw great attention to each refusal. This can only push Scottish public opinion one way.

With repeat refusals, whats to stop the pro independence parties canvasing on a platform of the SP negotiating independence. 

If Westminter then refused to listen it would be a democratic outrage at least on a par with Spain.

I think a lot of undecideds would resent more upheaval while the chaos of Brexit is still going on.

9 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Scotland - or The Scottish Government - doesn't have to seek "permission" to hold any referendum at any time, irrespective of the motion.

Yeah then we will end up in a Catalonia type situation with regards to it’s effectiveness.

We have to make sure that we are successful next time around.

1 minute ago, ancientnoise said:

Idea for Indyref2:

The YES campaign should just cheat and lie their way to victory.

Then crowdfund the paltry fine handed out by the Electoral Commission.

We will be up against bigger cheaters and liars with more resources and less scruples.

The cheating has devalued the notion of any future referendums being coherent.

Thatcher said a majority at an election would be enough.

Thatcher was correct*

* strange times, strange times

1 hour ago, ancientnoise said:

Idea for Indyref2:

Or tell the electoral commission to go swivel as independent we wouldn't be under their auspices so they would have no authority to levy or collect a fine.

10 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Idea for Indyref2:

Well if we cannot learn from Better together and the Brexit campaign then we are gonnae lose again.

Seems you can tell as big a lie as you like and no repercussion.