When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Cracking post.

David Cameron is most to blame for this. He may have helped save the Union in 2014 but he made a c'nt of it soon after.

Could feel something big was building up in recent weeks, i think this week has tipped the scales in favour an Independent Scotland.

We only need 6% more votes than we got last time.  Thanks to Brexit momentum is very much with us.

C'mon Scotland.....Go for it - you know it makes sense.

2 hours ago, AyrExile said:

I have no doubt Scotland is pro eu and attempts would have been made to rejoin asap. However this played second fiddle to the ultimate goal of independence and was quite willing to be sacrificed. To now claim it’s devastating when willing to follow the same path only recently is laughable

Kind of like how Scotland’s future plays second fiddle to your desire to prevent it becoming a nation state. 

8 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

It’s clear that amongst the many who purportedly support the Union at WM, there are those who are blindly determined to bring about its demise through Brexit at any cost.
It’s apparent they don’t need the help of Scottish Nationalists to accelerate this. They couldn’t give a f*ck.
The result of the 2014 Ref, doesn’t give ‘them’ a free run to completely ignore the wishes of the vast majority of Scots who voted to remain in the Euro Ref. Two completely different questions (and answers) that cannot be conveniently combined.
I’ve never had any time for the current incumbents at Holyrood, but admittedly there comes a time in every abusive relationship when it’s time to leave. It’s hard not to sympathise with those who want an immediate re-run (Indy2) in the current climate, and who could argue with them if they managed to secure independence with another bite at the cherry? I don’t think I could. The responsibility for such an outcome would lie squarely with Westminster.
What a fuckin mess.

This post got me thinking. If unionists like Rob are getting pissed off something must be afoot. The likes of Ruth Davidson, Gordon Brown and Mundell, have been traditionally thought of as unionists. 

They are not.

Traditional Scottish unionism always put great emphasis on Scotland being a full partner in the United Kingdom. A credible position from a Scottish perspective.

However what we have seen in the last week exposes the difference between British nationalism and unionism.

Davidson, Mundell, Broon and all their respective masters and sycophants are not defending the union. Instead, it is being destroyed by them. Scotland is quietly and slowly being downgraded from partner to a part.  ( Mundell...Scotlands voice in the cabinet:lol:)

They couldn't care less about the union.  It has no bearing on their list of priorities. These folk are British nationalists pure and simple.

I personally feel that Independence is inevitable , whether soon or sometime in the future it will happen.

Our young have no affinity or sense of belonging with the english unlike past generations who fought in world wars side by side with the english.

Our young see themselves as Scottish not British and they will make the right move. 

The so called Union is a total misnomer when you see the imbalance in infrastructure, lifestyle and life expectancy in southern england compared to what we have in Scotland.

Honestly, If given the choice how many among you would have preferred or voted for spending many billions on a weapons system against spending the same on our hospitals? 

Billions on weapons to kid themselves they are a world power when the weapons they buy are American.

The english attitude in the main see themselves as superior to us and that we should be grateful for the crumbs from their laden tables, and now we have become a nuisance.

Think back to Nelson's signal at Trafalgar of 'England expects every man to do his duty' when 30% of his officers and men were Scottish and five of his 27 ships were commanded by Scotsmen.

Nothing has changed from that day to this in the minds of the english and the sad thing is that there are Scots who have been sucked into that mindset and believe the propaganda.

Edited by SandyCromarty

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I personally feel that Independence is inevitable , whether soon or sometime in the future it will happen.

Our young have no affinity or sense of belonging with the english unlike past generations who fought in world wars side by side with the english.

Our young see themselves as Scottish not British and they will make the right move. 

The so called Union is a total misnomer when you see the imbalance in infrastructure, lifestyle and life expectancy in southern england compared to what we have in Scotland.

Honestly, If given the choice how many among you would have preferred or voted for spending many billions on a weapons system against spending the same on our hospitals? 

Billions on weapons to kid themselves they are a world power when the weapons they buy are American.

The english attitude in the main see themselves as superior to us and that we should be grateful for the crumbs from their laden tables, and now we have become a nuisance.

Think back to Nelson's signal at Trafalgar of 'England expects every man to do his duty' when 30% of his officers and men were Scottish and five of his 27 ships were commanded by Scotsmen.

Nothing has changed from that day to this in the minds of the english and the sad thing is that there are Scots who have been sucked into that mindset and believe the propaganda.

Brilliant post!

:thumsup2

Can you imagine them hitting out with Scotland leading, nations of equals etc at next referendum....
This is what I was getting at earlier on when I asked how No could campaign. They have, since 2014 actually debunked a lot of their own bullshit, and despite many of them being remainers, they cannot throw Brexit under the bus by telling us we are too small to succeed.

Sturgeon is playing her hand ok but the Tories are making the case for us currently with their almost unbelievable buffoonery

As get intae them,says its Brit Nationalism thats happening now not unionism.

Fellow (scots/yoons) actually believe that good old britannia is doing it !!

That its the beesknees,they actually cant or will not listen to anything that threatens their britishness.

So they attack the threat,particularly the SNP,they attack the scottish national team for example and talk down anything scottish?

You will never persuade any of them to change their minds,even if they were getting shafted inside and out by Westminster.

42 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

There's a couple of certainties imo.  A referendum held any time soon would return a vote for independence.  The British government know this.  So they are not going to allow a vote.  That's where we are.

I don't think its certain to return a Yes vote. But I agree they're unlikely to accede to a vote: we were only granted one last time because the British Government thought it would be a rout and end talk of independence forever.  So there's not much to gain from allowing one this time around. They're certainly not confident.

The only thing that might change its mind is pressure and that might be helped either by the SNP holding the balance of power at the next election, or even polls that show a majority in favour of indy. Then the Tories can't use the argument that most people don't want another referendum. 

Edited by Mr Heliums

2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

There's a couple of certainties imo.  A referendum held any time soon would return a vote for independence.  The British government know this.  So they are not going to allow a vote.  That's where we are.

I would agree with that. 

This is where we need our MP's at Westminster to show a bit of steel. A tactic of obstructionism is a must. Bring Westminster to a grinding halt. 

Start it now over the power grab and show the Tory government we mean business. Continue with the power grab and deny  a Section  30 order to hold indyref 2 and we'll make sure Westminster won't function. Never a better time to do it with all the legislation required in the return of powers to the UK from the EU

Edited by Colkitto

5 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I would agree with that. 

This is where we need our MP's at Westminster to show a bit of steel. A tactic of obstructionism is a must. Bring Westminster to a grinding halt. 

Start it now over the power grab and show the Tory government we mean business. Continue with the power grab and deny  a Section  30 order to hold indyref 2 and we'll make sure Westminster won't function. Never a better time to do it with all the legislation required in the return of powers to the UK from the EU

I'm not sure we have the power to have much effect.  I think we should hold a referendum anyway with or without a s30.  Making the next hr election a plebiscite on independence is also an option.