When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Doesn't take long for the insults to start. I'm trying to establish what I'm voting for and if I'm proving things difficult for you then best of luck for the campaign when the real questions start.

My advice would be to look at each party. See what they offer. See which one most aligns to your beliefs and aspirations and vote for them. 

When the time comes 

6 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I'd be fucking seething if the Tory b*****ds were anywhere near power in an independent Scotland, tbh. 

You could always move to the Corbynista People's Repubic of rUK.

Doesn't take long for the insults to start. I'm trying to establish what I'm voting for and if I'm proving things difficult for you then best of luck for the campaign when the real questions start.

To be fair it does read that way. Explained over and over and you kept shifting the goal posts.

You are voting for self determination for Scotland.

You might want to look outside a football forum if you don't know what you are voting for.

No need to worry about political parties or voting intentions in the immediate aftermath post-Independence. Alex Salmond will be installed as Dictator Perpetuo on day one, and we shall all serve at his pleasure until such time as the great man dies. The benfits for this shall be twofold, not only allowing Scotland to prosper under the guidance of earth's greatest living human, but also, for new political parties to have time to grow and develop clear political identities and ideals, so as to avoid clusterfuck omnishambles like Scottish Labour and the Lib Dems ever darkening our doors again.

Upon the death of Scotland's Saviour, and following 10 days of mourning (including a lavish funeral), an Independent Scotland will have its first ever General Election, whereby  Political Parties with clearly defined ideals will be voted for on the basis of policy and the contents of their manifesto, and not the agenda of some racist lunatic media mogul.

This is the future, and it will be fucking glorious. I can't wait.

Edited by J_Stewart

6 hours ago, Ross. said:

The answer is to share the £ initially while working towards our own currency over a period of time agreed on at both sides. That would suit rUK as much as it would suit iScotland. £ would lose considerable value thanks to independence, that approach would give them further time to work on their own issues.

Sounds sensible. Whatever the choice though, we'll be subjected to a tide of doom-mongering from the UK media.

30 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Not really an insult - I did say you were being intentionally thick.

Nothing you're saying poses any difficulty whatsoever. You're presenting an overly simplistic false dichotomy. I don't beleive for a second you're actually incapable of appreciating that the situation is far less black and white than you're trying to suggest. So what other alternative is there to believing you're putting forward an intentionally stupid argument?

Edited by Gordon EF

5 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Nothing you're saying poses any difficulty whatsoever. You're presenting an overly simplistic false dichotomy. I don't beleive for a second you're actually incapable of appreciating that the situation is far less black and white than you're trying to suggest. So what other alternative is there to believing you're putting forward an intentionally stupid argument?

I agree, he is absolutely being disingenuous. Probably in the hope it would provoke an abusive response calling him thick so he could complain about it and shut down the conversation rather than debate the point.

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Nothing you're saying poses any difficulty whatsoever. You're presenting an overly simplistic false dichotomy. I don't beleive for a second you're actually incapable of appreciating that the situation is far less black and white than you're trying to suggest. So what other alternative is there to believing you're putting forward an intentionall stupid argument?

I'm trying to work out scenarios of post independence, probably not doing a good job as I know what I mean. Some posters are revelling in SLAB being weak which means the Tories could be voted in if the SNP disband or they don't do a good job.

2 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

I'm trying to work out scenarios of post independence, probably not doing a good job as I know what I mean. Some posters are revelling in SLAB being weak which means the Tories could be voted in if the SNP disband or they don't do a good job.

SLAB being weak is a consequence of the majority of their MSP's being absolute fuckwits. The old saying about "Pinning a red rosette on a Monkey" was taken literally. They have absolutely no one to blame but themselves for the position they find themselves in. It pains me as much as it delights me. They are paying for their arrogance, as well as their inability to do a decent job when they were in power.

Edited by Ross.

16 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

I would imagine the current tory vote will be split in an independent Scotland as well tbh. I'd guess that, like with yes voters voting for SNP as a means to an end, there's a sizeable number of voters going Tory seeing them as the only viable alternative to the SNP. In any case, I'd expect that we'd continue with a PR system of voting and the governance of Scotland would fluctuate between coalitions of centre left parties and centre right parties.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

SLAB being weak is a consequence of the majority of their MSP's being absolute fuckwits. The old saying about "Pinning a red rosette on a Monkey" was taken literally. They have absolutely no one to blame but themselves for the position they find themselves in. It pains me as much as it delights me. They are paying for their arrogance, as well as their inability to do a decent job when they were in power.

Can't argue with that but it narrows down the options post independence unless they get their act together.

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

I would imagine the current tory vote will be split in an independent Scotland as well tbh. I'd guess that, like with yes voters voting for SNP as a means to an end, there's a sizeable number of voters going Tory seeing them as the only viable alternative to the SNP. In any case, I'd expect that we'd continue with a PR system of voting and the governance of Scotland would fluctuate between a coalitions of centre left parties and centre right parties.

I think this is correct though I think the centre in Scotland will be further to the left.

Democracy huh? Who'd want it?

5 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

There is simply no way of telling. The Unionist parties are currently so wedded to their Westminster parent parties that they themselves would have to find a whole new identity post independence. It also depends on what systems and infrastructures an independent Scotland puts in place. The governance of Scotland would ultimately push parties onto different grounds than the partial management of Scotland in the Union, that is their current bailiwick.

What your voting for is self government. What you do with it is up to all of us, afterwards.

12 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

The SNP won't disband post Independence, their popularity may diminish however.