When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Well you're a fucking simpleton expressin nnonsensical views relentlessly parrotted in the mail, express and shite like that so maybe try not talking utter shite then. 

you are a political simpleton, your biggest problem is you think that you are in someway left wing, without really knowing what that means, so anybody who does not conform to your view therefore in your mind must be a Mail or an Express reader i.e. right wing, I would suggest that I am more left wing than you can ever hope to be, but when you are called out, you behave like a petulant child, anyway this me for a while, plane to catch, work to be done

Edited by Isthatyou

It seems very strange given the margin of defeat to start popping up with conspiracy theories at this stage and also given the grievance mentality surprised this hasn't been mentioned before. Happy for you to have another referendum but after a decent time period and not playground times. I also did some research beforehand and found out the price of oil fluctuates and look how that would have turned out based on Salmonds projections. 

All the allegations have been mentioned before as this part of the forum has been running for well over two years, please keep up.

And so the climbdown begins. As many of us already knew, there won't be an indyref2 this decade. Probably not in the next Parliament either. 

Will be an interesting sell to the faithful, as the dawning realisation hits them that they aren't going to get another referendum in a very long time.

BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-38528058
"Nicola Sturgeon has suggested a soft Brexit would see the prospect of Scottish independence removed - in the short term."
So membership of the Single Market, not independence, is her main priority!

The hive aint going to be happy about this.

What's to be unhappy about? A UK in the single market was one of the options set out in the paper at the end of last year, alongside a differentiated Brexit for Scotland.

The chances of the UK getting access to the single market without the other "freedoms" - particularly freedom of movement? Pretty much nil. The chances of the UK allowing a differentiated Brexit, likewise.

A 2nd IndyRef still looks likely at this moment, given the noises coming out of Westminster regarding the need to stomp all over freedom of movement. All the talk is of a hard Brexit.

So, it's either the start of a climbdown, or a necessary bit of stage setting where the FM is seen to be reluctant to the last to launch another IndyRef, only doing so having been blocked on all other fronts.

The ball is in Westminster's court, how would you rate the chances of them securing a Brexit that both satisfies the demand of single market access, while denying freedom of movement?

28 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

The hive aint going to be happy about this.

I'm pro-indy and I'm happy with this

If the UK retain access to the single market there should not be another independence referendum.

However, the UK retaining access to the single market is fantasy land stuff as they'd need to accept the free movement of people which would result in a baying mob in Little England.

there is no way the government would call a 2nd Independence Referendum if we managed to get the so-called soft Brexit, as this is what Nicola has been asking for all along. I know it's hard for our raving loony unionists to get their heads around the concept of a politician doing what they say but there it is.

Having said all that, I really can't see a soft Brexit happening so a 2nd referendum has not really gone away

3 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

I'm pro-indy and I'm happy with this

If the UK retain access to the single market there should not be another independence referendum.

However, the UK retaining access to the single market is fantasy land stuff as they'd need to accept the free movement of people which would result in a baying mob in Little England.

Membership not access. But yup.  The ball is in Dept for BrexitShambles & ThatcherLite's court.