When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Might be an idea to step away from the keyboard for a while there champ, just a bit of free advice

Handing out advice now. Why is it that ever British nationalist knows what is best for everybody and has to condescendingly let everyone know this? The truth getting to you now perhaps, as you lot know your argument is lost. Getting ready for work so I'll not be boring you for a while, good day to you...

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Has the chap from Bath been busy on his typewriter again spreading paranoia across the hive? 

Could we maintain balance and use the "spreading paranoia across the hive", dictum and apply it to our free press and democratically elected representives who worked for better together?

They did, after all, admit to a "project fear".

8 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

The EU and the Scottish Government would have come to an accommodation.

I'm not trying to defend BT and their scare stories but I don't think it would be as straightforward as you seem to think. Ironically I think it would be easier now for iScotland to join.

55 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Handing out advice now. Why is it that ever British nationalist knows what is best for everybody and has to condescendingly let everyone know this? The truth getting to you now perhaps, as you lot know your argument is lost. Getting ready for work so I'll not be boring you for a while, good day to you...

Your loss, then again am not the one who started it, don't hesitate to furnish us with the proof of your so called electoral fraud, like many you have my full attention, now please remember your tin foil hat, sounds like you need it

Edited by Isthatyou

3 hours ago, bob the tank said:

Why ask that question? And the only hive mentality I ever come across is the yoon wallopers on here who can never put forward a reason to remain in the mighty UK but do plenty of saying you lost suck it up and no second referendum. Independent thought means finding things out for yourself from a wide variety of sources, maybe try it some time

It seems very strange given the margin of defeat to start popping up with conspiracy theories at this stage and also given the grievance mentality surprised this hasn't been mentioned before. Happy for you to have another referendum but after a decent time period and not playground times. I also did some research beforehand and found out the price of oil fluctuates and look how that would have turned out based on Salmonds projections. 

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

The EU and the Scottish Government would have come to an accommodation.

Perhaps but unlikely given Spains view on this subject. At the time it wasn't the be all and end all as staying in the Eu didn't seem to carry the significance to the SNP that it does now. 

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Spains view is no obstacle at all, they've said repeatedly if Scotland vtes for independence they wouldn't oppose eu membership. You wot reread this in the unionist press though.   They've been saying that for five years, BBC won't report it once.

think your keyboard is on the blink, but that aside, lets have the evidence of your claim, I notice you have not produced it, so far but I do await it

Edited by Isthatyou

The Spanish Foreign Minister José Manuel Garcia-Margallo expressly denied in 2012 that Spain would veto the membership of an independent Scotland:

“‘If in the UK both parties agree that this is consistent with their constitutional order, written or unwritten, Spain would have nothing to say, just that this does not affect us. No one would object to a consented independence of Scotland.’

He said the independence of Kosovo was different because it was based on a “unilateral decision” and admitted the Spanish position would have been different if it had been agreed between Belgrade and Pristina.”

This stance makes perfect sense, as Spain has welcomed the independence of several new countries – including ones that joined the European Union.

James Ker-Lindsay of the London School of Economics thinks the same regarding the difference between Scotland Kosovo – and by extension, Catalonia:

“When Kosovo declared independence from Serbia over four years ago, it was quickly recognised by most of the members of the European Union. However, five members – Cyprus, Greece, Romania, Slovakia and Spain – refused to follow suit. This has led to suggestions that these countries may also refuse to accept Scottish independence and keep it out of the EU.

This is very unlikely, for a number of reasons. For a start, the problem in the case of Kosovo is not the issue of secession. It is the unilateral way in which it was done. If a territory becomes independent with the consent of all the parties concerned, there is little reason to believe that these countries will oppose the move.

The strongest evidence to support this view is their reaction to the independence of South Sudan, in July 2011. This occurred with the overt support of the Sudanese government, which was the first country in the world to recognise it.

Within hours, the European Union issued a joint statement congratulating the new state on its independence. There was not a murmur of dissent from any of the five countries to this act of collective recognition. Even at an individual level, there seems little to suggest that any of them would block Scotland’s membership of the European Union.”

The idea that Spain would veto a recently independent Scotland’s membership of the EU, yet not veto the recently independent Croatia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, or Slovenia – to say nothing of EU candidates Macedonia and Montenegro – seems ludicrous, especially considering that the people of Scotland have already been EU members for 40 years. 

Spain has always said if Scotland gains independence constitutionally ie through a referendum they wouldn't have an issue with it.  Their constitution prevents catalonia from becoming independent so if we do so constitutionally they're not concerned at all.  They have now said they'd block a separate EU deal for Scotland if It stays in the UK,  but notIif it leaves.  You won't hear this on the bbc or mail express etc.

8 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Spain has always said if Scotland gains independence constitutionally ie through a referendum they wouldn't have an issue with it.  Their constitution prevents catalonia from becoming independent so if we do so constitutionally they're not concerned at all.  They have now said they'd block a separate EU deal for Scotland if It stays in the UK,  but notIif it leaves.  You won't hear this on the bbc or mail express etc.

Good response, but please do me the favour, never think for one moment I read either the mail or the express, you do not know me and you don't know my politics, never assume it only makes a ass of U or me

17 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Well you're a fucking simpleton expressin nnonsensical views relentlessly parrotted in the mail, express and shite like that so maybe try not talking utter shite then. 

Either proof read your posts before you post,or get a new keyboard

Edited by Isthatyou