When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If there's to be another Indy ref then SNP will need to call it this parliament, as they are going to get found out soon. The blame Westminster for everything argument will not wash with the electorate much longer.

Most people will begin to think the constitutional questions (Union and EU) are far less important than failures in education, heath and public services under the SNP watch.

YES movement will eventually become something only for the radical hardcore, that people will nostalgically laugh about ever being a part of (bit like mods or punks)

Polls starting to show support for another ref and Indy is beginning to wane already. No matter how loud Nicola shouts about how Scotland voted to remain in EU.

SNP will win one more Scottish parliament with greatly reduced number of MSPs then the Tories or Labour will be in. All will depend on how disillusioned the left leaning SNP supporters become once they have been failed by Labour and SNP, especially if Labour continue their support of SNP policy in parliament.

If Indy ref doesn't happen this parliament then I can't see another until 2044 at earliest, as for SNP to regain support then Indy plans will need to be abandoned.

If it was called this parliament I think the result would be the same (increased winning percentage due to lower turnout).

9 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Please stop comparing The UK  with The EU. They are totally different constructs and you embarrass yourself by constantly relating one to the other.

As for wasting my valuable time trawling the internet for 'evidence' for that which is common knowledge and self evident simply won't happen.

Yes, the UK has done all the unacceptable things that you try and frighten people by claiming the EU will do. The UK thus sounds triply unjustifiable and indefensible.

It wouldn't surprise me if the EU were more open and supportive to Scottish Independence once Article 50 is triggered.

We seen glimpses of support when the FM visited Dublin recently. Irish politicians openly supporting Scottish independence  - something that didn't happen during indyref1.

If Sturgeon can get an assurance from the EU of and independent Scotland retaining it's membership it would be a absolute total game-changer.  I wouldn't be surprised if this was an ace up Sturgeon's sleeve!

As I say, it is my belief that there will be another referendum before the end of 2019. 

I'd rather it's left another 4 years tbh. As unpleasant as it will be, we need to see the effect of another 3-4 years of sociopathic Tory policy before sufficient numbers will vote to bin the UK.

Certainly not until Tory welfare reform starts firing into pensioners and the triple lock is hopefully gone.

24 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

I'd rather it's left another 4 years tbh. As unpleasant as it will be, we need to see the effect of another 3-4 years of sociopathic Tory policy before sufficient numbers will vote to bin the UK.

Certainly not until Tory welfare reform starts firing into pensioners and the triple lock is hopefully gone.

Aye, I agree with you upto a point. However if people don't know what arseholes the tories are by now then they may never come to that realisation. This generation of pensioners will probably never budge, even after their pensions get humped even further.

Sturgeons in a tricky position to appease members like myself that believe Brexit presents the best chance possible for Indy but also being sensible about calling it when she thinks she can win.

The whole thing is going to be based on Scotlands access to the single market, which the opinion seems to be at the moment that May & Co are telling us to do one.

I'm very confident that there will be another Ref in the next few years. Not so confident of winning it. 

Edited by Londonwell

Laughable wishful unionist bulls hit.   Health for example has improved dramatically under the snp. 

Aye, it's improved so dramatically that the mortality rate in Scotland rose by 8.5% in 2015 (the last available full year figures)?

Almost double that of England & Wales!

http://www.scotsman.com/news/concern-over-unexpected-increase-in-scottish-mortality-rates-1-4161879

9 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Aye, it's improved so dramatically that the mortality rate in Scotland rose by 8.5% in 2015 (the last available full year figures)?

Almost double that of England & Wales!

http://www.scotsman.com/news/concern-over-unexpected-increase-in-scottish-mortality-rates-1-4161879

“January to March 2016 deaths have reduced by 6.6 per cent compared to 2015."

Nice try.

“January to March 2016 deaths have reduced by 6.6 per cent compared to 2015."

Nice try.

3 months figures compared to the previous 12 doesn't give the full picture yet does it?

How about NHS Scotland stats that the Service did not meet its GP Referral to secondary care target (waiting times) last year or that first referral times for Cancer patient targets have not been met since 2012?

Aye nothing to be overly concerned about eh!?