When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really. Would you automatically back a side who has shifted the goalposts to further their own cause and denied your ideal outcome in the process?

I didn't vote yes for any sides goalposts. I voted yes because I think Scotland will do a better job of running Scotland than anyone else. No GERS figures or OBR statistics will convince me otherwise. Only once Scotland has full control of all powers and has divvied up debt and assets during negotiations will we truly know what our fiscal position is. That fiscal position has happened as part of a country which has the highest 4th/5th highest defence spend in the world and focuses the vast majority of capital spending and infrastructure projects in the Southeast.

If you think the latest GERS figures are an advert against independence then be my guest. I call it Westminster mismanagement of not only Scotalnds economy but the entire UK's economy. If you think a UK government, with its woeful track record, is the best way to improve the Scottish economy then again be my guest. I'm not holding my breath. I'd rather we had full control of our destiny. That's a fairly natural thing as far as I'm concerned.

2 hours ago, Cream Cheese said:

Informing them of what? There was no informative information out there from either side in the EU referendum. They were both full of crap with their own set of delusional tribal minded followers who didn't really have a grasp on what either outcome would mean.

Surely a no vote would mean more of the same and that outcome was fairly clear. 

1 hour ago, AUFC90 said:

I didn't vote yes for any sides goalposts. I voted yes because I think Scotland will do a better job of running Scotland than anyone else. No GERS figures or OBR statistics will convince me otherwise. Only once Scotland has full control of all powers and has divvied up debt and assets during negotiations will we truly know what our fiscal position is. That fiscal position has happened as part of a country which has the highest 4th/5th highest defence spend in the world and focuses the vast majority of capital spending and infrastructure projects in the Southeast.

If you think the latest GERS figures are an advert against independence then be my guest. I call it Westminster mismanagement of not only Scotalnds economy but the entire UK's economy. If you think a UK government, with its woeful track record, is the best way to improve the Scottish economy then again be my guest. I'm not holding my breath. I'd rather we had full control of our destiny. That's a fairly natural thing as far as I'm concerned.

Scotland won't be running its own affairs or have full control of its destiny because if it isn't Westminster then Brussels will be pulling the strings. That certainly isn't the independence you speak of. How can you accuse Westminster of mismanaging the economy when the UK is around the sixth biggest in the world. For a small island is that not punching above its weight?

Scotland won't be running its own affairs or have full control of its destiny because if it isn't Westminster then Brussels will be pulling the strings. That certainly isn't the independence you speak of. How can you accuse Westminster of mismanaging the economy when the UK is around the sixth biggest in the world. For a small island is that not punching above its weight?

It was fifth biggest a few weeks ago. It was definetly punching above its weight then.

1 hour ago, DublinMagyar said:

Not much fucking use being 6th biggest economy when only 10% off the people have 90% of the money. Fucking clown.

Don't know what is more ridiculous. Quoting that statistic or calling someone else a clown. 

That old chestnut. France, Belgium, Holland etc control ALL their money. Just a stupid argument that isn't worth discussing.
And China is the 2nd biggest. Doesn't mean they have a good economy per head of population.

18 hours ago, mjw said:

You get confused with more than those two reading that mess.

S S s sorry da, but it's all you auld yins fault. You never taught me how to do anything right. I even got mixed up when I voted in the last 2 referendums cause of you.

1 hour ago, kilbowie2002 said:

A generation of people brought up to be intolerant of other races, ethnicities, sexualities. A generation where people were encouraged to just accept everything the state and media (which was very evident during indy ref) as gospel? get a grip.

This would be the same generation that among other things held mass demonstrations against apartheid ?

That generation? 

13 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Surely a no vote would mean more of the same and that outcome was fairly clear. 

More of the same of what? Some people weren't happy about certain aspects of the EU (fair enough), the vast majority were pretty much unaffected, but jumped on the anti-EU bandwagon so they could feel part of something. People like yourself.

25 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

More of the same of what? Some people weren't happy about certain aspects of the EU (fair enough), the vast majority were pretty much unaffected, but jumped on the anti-EU bandwagon so they could feel part of something. People like yourself.

As we are in the EU currently more of the same way things have been run or heading towards over the last however many years. Actually I feel part of something being within the eu/uk and have no desire to change unless someone provides a proper breakdown of the benefits. The bandwagon I've noticed recently is the snp hive making europe a big priority when the only thing that's changed is using it as a vehicle to further sturgeons political empire. 

13 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

As we are in the EU currently more of the same way things have been run or heading towards over the last however many years. Actually I feel part of something being within the eu/uk and have no desire to change unless someone provides a proper breakdown of the benefits. The bandwagon I've noticed recently is the snp hive making europe a big priority when the only thing that's changed is using it as a vehicle to further sturgeons political empire. 

The SNP have been pro-EU ever since we joined the EU. It's not as if they've suddenly changed their stance or anything. So obviously the fact that they're pro-EU, Scotland voted to remain in the EU and we're being dragged out of the EU anyway is going to be used as a vehicle for independence. I wouldn't expect anything less.

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 18:49, Randy Giles said:
On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 08:04, Fide said:

How can EVERY Unionist be this thick?

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 19:08, John Lambies Doos said:

McMinter

:lol:

We'll add you to the thick c**t brigade then.

Typical responses from those with nothing meaningful to say.

Any talk of indyref 2 is holding the country back now, as the GERS figures have proven.

Nats need to stop destabilising the economy with their constant trash talking regarding the UK , drop this meaningless , unworkable  narrative of Scotland retaining some sort of 'special' EU status and get on with the job of working with business and Westminster to create jobs and grow the economy.

Typical responses from those with nothing meaningful to say.

Any talk of indyref 2 is holding the country back now, as the GERS figures have proven.

Nats need to stop destabilising the economy with their constant trash talking regarding the UK , drop this meaningless , unworkable  narrative of Scotland retaining some sort of 'special' EU status and get on with the job of working with business and Westminster to create jobs and grow the economy.

Holding the country back how?
How many jobs have been lost due to the destabilised economy?
When does Westminster work with business in Scotland to create jobs?

21 hours ago, Lex said:

No surprise to see the nats furiously swimming against the tide of evidence.

It's ok to admit you were wrong guys. It's ok to change your mind.

Here/Hear lexy ya bartie. Stop belittling ma xenophobic political views. Ave goat every right tae be a bone heid.

15 minutes ago, Isthatyou said:

Now for the slow if mind, if an independent Scotland can remain or be given a fast tracked entry into the EU, thus protecting Scotland's exports, then Sturgeon will seek a 2nd referendum, if she cannot get this no referendum is coming soon.

You'll know when Sturgeon has given up hope of another referendum, she'll start pilling on the pounds again. She cannot hold back the separatist in Scotland, they will vote for separation whatever the cost and lose. So we'll have to wait until the electorate awakens from its political stupor.