Cambuslang Rangers 2015/16 Thread

thelangonline

Two more signed Kieron Donaghy from Glencairn winger and Gordon Dick who we all know

Donaghy , very technically gifted, but don,t know if he will be able to roll the sleeves up when going gets tough, as it often does in that division, not as easy as people think to buy their way out of 2nd Div as most times you will have a battle on your hands and looking at the teams in it this year, it will be worth watching. A few clubs in there with massive potential

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You obviously don't know your signings very well as Macleod was signed from Colville Park amateurs and they are not 2 divisions above you. You got that calibre of player from amateur and I feel there are plenty players out there within Cambuslang's reach that would do a much better job than faulds. Its the old pals act signing him.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but for me he is a very poor signing.

I'm perfectly aware that McLeod's last club was Colville Park , but he played for the bulk of the last 2 seasons at Rutherglen.

Your 'old pals act' jibe at Paul McColl is ridiculous. Most junior clubs have managers & players who've worked together before. It's always been like that. Look around you , the junior game is rife with this.

Paul obviously rates Chris Faulds , where you seem to have a problem with the guy.

We've signed about 15 players so far, some ex Cambuslang players returning, some amateurs & some players from other junior clubs.

What type of players 'are within Cambuslang's reach' , as you put it should McColl have went for?

I'm perfectly aware that McLeod's last club was Colville Park , but he played for the bulk of the last 2 seasons at Rutherglen.

Your 'old pals act' jibe at Paul McColl is ridiculous. Most junior clubs have managers & players who've worked together before. It's always been like that. Look around you , the junior game is rife with this.

Paul obviously rates Chris Faulds , where you seem to have a problem with the guy.

We've signed about 15 players so far, some ex Cambuslang players returning, some amateurs & some players from other junior clubs.

What type of players 'are within Cambuslang's reach' , as you put it should McColl have went for?

Cambuslang as a club should be looking at younger and hungrier players than chris faulds(well maybe not hungrier). It is a problem within the junior game that managers don't want to go an watch young under 21 teams playing or more amateur games to find hidden talent. It just who you know and where you have been in the past that matters.

Certain clubs on the up are ones with a solid foundation of young players i.e rossvale with a great youth set up. Problem with the likes of Ek Thistle and cambuslang is they sign the same crap every year that have been and failed at that level again and again.

When was the last time Ek or Camby had a good under 21s or under 19s? Not for a very long time because there was no pathway for these guys because certain managers signed there old pals.

If you're happy supporting or help run a club in the state cambuslang is in then go for it. You might get promotion one season then again its going to be a case of losing players and signing crap ex players again rather than have some sort of youth policy set up and looking for young players to come through.

I hate to pick on fauldsy as he is a cracking guy but he is exactly what is wrong with junior football. Overweight and skips from club to club each season to earn an extra twenty quid a week wherever an old pal who will give him a gig is managing.

Cambuslang as a club should be looking at younger and hungrier players than chris faulds(well maybe not hungrier). It is a problem within the junior game that managers don't want to go an watch young under 21 teams playing or more amateur games to find hidden talent. It just who you know and where you have been in the past that matters.

Certain clubs on the up are ones with a solid foundation of young players i.e rossvale with a great youth set up. Problem with the likes of Ek Thistle and cambuslang is they sign the same crap every year that have been and failed at that level again and again.

When was the last time Ek or Camby had a good under 21s or under 19s? Not for a very long time because there was no pathway for these guys because certain managers signed there old pals.

If you're happy supporting or help run a club in the state cambuslang is in then go for it. You might get promotion one season then again its going to be a case of losing players and signing crap ex players again rather than have some sort of youth policy set up and looking for young players to come through.

I hate to pick on fauldsy as he is a cracking guy but he is exactly what is wrong with junior football. Overweight and skips from club to club each season to earn an extra twenty quid a week wherever an old pal who will give him a gig is managing.

Think your last paragraph about Fauldsy is totally untrue! Fauldsy certainly skip from club to club to make more money. Nothing could be further from the truth. He has moved clubs in the past to get more game time. Think that is pretty good reason to move clubs don't you??

As for his weight I think Fauldsy himself would agree he is carrying a bit too much but the guy certainly has ability. There is no doubting that. As you say he is great guy into the bargain. If Paul has decided to sign him then you can only assume that he believes he will do a job for cambuslang, just as any manager does when they sign a player. Only time will tell I suppose.

I think there is a valid point with regards to u21s 19s and below! Seems to be the way forward! I look at rossvale and more in the last week into gartcairn. Both clubs have pathways for youngsters. To have a steady supply of maybe 1 or 2 a season would be beneficial to any club! Gartcairn recently brought an 18 year old into there squad from their u19s going by their twitter. It's something the lang need to consider aswell as other junior clubs! I think u21s and 19s in glasgow is hard to keep a league going due to teams dropping out due to numbers.

Fauldsy knows wot he needs to do for the season ahead bags of ability.

Cambuslang signing crap ex players??

Earlier in this thread you said that Kilmartin & McLeod were great signings.

Make your mind up.

Where are you getting no junior managers at under 21 games and amateur, they are at these games constantly.

When did cambuslang gave a under 21 team ?

Where are you getting no junior managers at under 21 games and amateur, they are at these games constantly.

When did cambuslang gave a under 21 team ?

True,and if they can't be there in person then it's almost sure that they'll have someone supplying reports on any potential signings. 8)

Again thelangonline knows very little about his own club. Cambuslang Rangers had under 21 teams up until about 3 or 4 years ago. I know because I know several players who played for them. They played at your home ground as well on sundays so they were affiliated to the club.

I had a look at the facebook pictures from pre season and it looks like cambuslang have signed the heavy team.

Also blue manalishi there is no point coming on here and picking at every little thing that can be taken as a contradiction. You know from previous posts my thoughts on those two players. Referring to crap ex players doesn't mean every ex player coming back to the lang is crap.

U no nothing bout us. The teams u refer 2 were boys teams associated wth our vice chair and had nothing 2 do wth us apart from using our park!

yea that's what I thought. Jim Dickies boy played for Cambuslang but we had no official u21 team as far as I'm aware

Again thelangonline knows very little about his own club. Cambuslang Rangers had under 21 teams up until about 3 or 4 years ago. I know because I know several players who played for them. They played at your home ground as well on sundays so they were affiliated to the club.

I had a look at the facebook pictures from pre season and it looks like cambuslang have signed the heavy team.

Also blue manalishi there is no point coming on here and picking at every little thing that can be taken as a contradiction. You know from previous posts my thoughts on those two players. Referring to crap ex players doesn't mean every ex player coming back to the lang is crap.

So far on this thread you've slagged off Cambuslang's players , ex players , players who haven't even played yet , the manager , ex managers, the committee , and the fans.

Your hatred for the club , who according to you are 'in a state' seems like an obsession you have.

Its the same old crap on here when you give your opinion then you're challenged on that opinion and I explain my self then its suddenly an obsession. Behave blue manalish you seem to have an obsession with my opinions.

Why does Thomas Kilmartin get called Deco?

I was told it was because he was a bit of a diver when he was younger (always on the deck), but having watched him for a considerable amount of time I cant really recall him being a diver.

In saying that , he did go down easy playing for Rutherglen against Cambuslang in the sectional cup game at the start of last season to win a penalty

;-)

Archived