Cowdenbeath versus Raith

Wee Sandy

Awful display from the officials today. Totally conned by the Raith players. Particular highlights being Vaughan and Toshneys dives, Hughes getting booked for kicking the ball into a Raith player but the best was McKeown falling over his feet near the end and winning a free kick.

The football was forgettable from both sides.

giphy.gif

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cowdenbeath fans around me were going absolutely berserk at full-time about the referee. There really wasn't anything to get worked up about.

Aye, he might have got a couple of decisions wrong, but certainly nothing that influenced the outcome of the game. It was all a bit of a non-event.

The Cowdenbeath fans around me were going absolutely berserk at full-time about the referee. There really wasn't anything to get worked up about.

Aye, he might have got a couple of decisions wrong, but certainly nothing that influenced the outcome of the game. It was all a bit of a non-event.

Suzie Dent sent me a text to say that the OED has added Cowdenbeath supporters to the definition of seething.

Awful display from the officials today. Totally conned by the Raith players. Particular highlights being Vaughan and Toshneys dives, Hughes getting booked for kicking the ball into a Raith player but the best was McKeown falling over his feet near the end and winning a free kick.

The football was forgettable from both sides.

You're stupid and a little baby........ya stupid little baby

Won't be long until the Cowden fans wade in with the "aye, but we're shite and you only put one goal past us. On that display you'll struggle in the league and are dead certs for relegation!!!"

Was always going to be scrappy affair but we coped well.

The goal was well worked and there was plenty in our play to be pleased with.

Toshney was fantastic today, seemed to be a great presence for Bates.

Also thought Wighton looked tidy when he came on and hopefully dispels some of the comments that were coming from those who were jumping to an early judgement.

Good to get off the mark with a win, hopefully the injuries aren't too bad.

Won't be long until the Cowden fans wade in with the "aye, but we're shite and you only put one goal past us. On that display you'll struggle in the league and are dead certs for relegation!!!"

You'll probably finish mid table again.

Good move for goal. Through to next round. At least one Cowden fan left seething. All in all a good day

But seriously, scrappy game so result was all that mattered. Hopefully injuries aren't too bad. Still think Soence could do a job for somebody in the Championship

What about the boy on the terrace who had it in for Grant Anderson? I've never heard anything like it.

It took about 15 minutes before I heard a shout of "Git him aff" directed towards McKeown. Incidently, I think Rory has been one of our best players for 2015.

What about the boy on the terrace who had it in for Grant Anderson? I've never heard anything like it.

Yeah I know. Some people really need to chill out a bit. His face was getting redder and redder everytime I looked back. The very definition of 'seeth'.

While we're on the subject of fans on the terracing did anyone else find that guy funny that was at the front of the terrace, he was gesturing at random players nowhere near the ball & giving the ref card gestures, the funniest part for me was when he was giving it the whole 'och away you go' at a dodgy decision & waving his arms about & he proceeded to walk away himself! doesn't sound as funny as it was at the time!

All in all a good win and a very well worked goal. Thought the back four were so solid and cruised through the game. Callaghan was very combative and Stewart was very strong and gritty up top. It's always a battle due to the fact the pitch is a 7 a side park! The lack of room makes flowing football impossible, so pleased we competed. Attacking-wise we had several very good opportunities to create good opportunities. If we had to step it up a few gears I think we could have. Vaughan was dangerous and Wighton showed some very classy touches and pieces of play.

Wee jimmy's was a good pre game pub... But was Hoachin wi orcs. Unfortunately hibs done a hibs so they were all buzzin oot there air max's.

Next round... Hopefully Elgin at home. Or failing that any home tie would be good! Let's win this fucker again!

Ray Mac is bringing sexy back

Archived