Serie A 2015/16

paul-r-cfc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roma 2-0 up over Fiorentina. Salah scored a great goal and Gervinho just scored on the counter attack. Fiorentina have totally dominated the game as well.

Roma 2-0 up over Fiorentina. Salah scored a great goal and Gervinho just scored on the counter attack. Fiorentina have totally dominated the game as well.

'Totally dominated' is a bit unfair, don't think there was much between them at that stage at all.

'Totally dominated' is a bit unfair, don't think there was much between them at that stage at all.

Yeah, your right it was unfair. I just felt at the time Roma's midfield were all over the place and Rudiger was having a nightmare at the back. I should've worded it better but I couldn't be arsed after fucking my original post up tbh.

Roma actually looked pretty balanced last night, which was a nice change!

As much as Florenzi, Torosidis, De Rossi etc are very adaptable; having a LB at LB, a RB at RB, and two centre-backs in the centre of defence really worked... hopefully Garcia sticks with that idea.

Manolas had a great game, and his run to set up Gervinho was as tremendous as it was unexpected (shades of Benatia, but a lot less 'controversial').
Thought Gyomber did ok coming on, though my feed wasn't good enough to see who had left the massive space for Udinese's equaliser (Digne just too slow to come over? Not sure)

Rudiger looked a lot better than previous games, though I still feel a lot more confident with Castan playing. Not sure if Castan's just not fit enough yet, but he's looked ok when he has played

Florenzi makes more sense in midfield and was able to cover for Maicon bombing on.

And Nainggolan, Pjanic and Florenzi work well together. Can be too little creativity with De Rossi, Nainggolan, Keita all playing together.

Nainggolan looked awesome last night, had a tremendous game holding the midfield together.

Djeko didn't look in form, but he's just back from another knock, and has not played that much with Roma yet so is still settling in.
Still prefer Totti though, cant wait to see him beside an in-form Gervinho and Salah.
Wee Iturbe looked good when he came on, him and Falque can really push Gervinho to keep the form up.

Looking good, the team seems to be gelling now, but it's Roma, wont get too excited yet.

Apologies for the long post, most of my mates aren't too into Italian football so I don't get too vent much!

Archived