Serie A 2015/16

paul-r-cfc

New thread for the new season.

What do people expect for serie a this year then?

Juve have made some excellent signings and I can't see any way that they won't win the league again. A class above in Italy. Interesting to see if Lazio can build on their strong second half to last season and how Napoli will fare post-benitez.

I'll be hoping roma can get a bit more consistency to put together some meaningful sort of challenge to Juventus. If they manage to conclude a deal for Dzeko then that could be very significant. They've been crying out for a goalscorer.

Next step of the two Milan clubs recovery too. Surely the only way is up for them and AC in particular have been fair splashing the cash.

Adding to the intrigue will be the minnows coming up from Serie B

Here's to another great season!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dezko's agent denying any contact with roma after Italian press claimed personal terns had been agreed

Milan also in for Romagnoli of Roma too. They apparently want 30m but Milan are offering El Sharaway (spelling) as a part exchange

Any idea when fixtures are out? Serie A obviously likes to be much later than everyone else in Europe

See that Inter have signed Miranda from Atletico, cracking bit of business

Agreed. Looks like their trying to make a run at the top 4.

Juve will take a hell of a beating for the title. There just superb all over the park. No Pirlo to watch this season though :(

Does anyone think any of the promoted teams will stay up?

Would be some feat for carpi or Frosinone to stay up but they had great seasons last year so you never know

Realistically I think they'll both go down and Bologna might stay up

Bologna probably will stay up, remember that they've got someone with money backing them now and they're definitely improving their team.

Paloschi signed a 4 year extension with Chievo today which is great news since Fiorentina were keen to sign him. Abel Hernandez from Hull is supposed to be very close to signing too, which might be interesting.

Inter also looking like getting Martin Montoya on loan from Barca. I think they'll do well next season

I wouldn't be surprised to see them challenging for the CL places with the team they're building.

Paloschi signed a 4 year extension with Chievo today which is great news since Fiorentina were keen to sign him. Abel Hernandez from Hull is supposed to be very close to signing too, which might be interesting.

I see you've signed Massimo Gobbi after he left Parma. Can't say I'm too clued up on who your regular LB is, but handing Gobbi - who'll be 35 in a few months - a 2 year deal is a little odd. He's also not very good.

Speaking of ex-Parma players/staff, Jose Mauri looks like he'll be joining Milan & Hernan Crespo has gotten the Managers gig at Modena. FWIW, I'll be polluting this thread with Serie D/Parma stuff throughout the season. :P

In regards to Inter, they've made some impressive signings so far - up until they handed Ranocchia a new deal. 4 years as well, Christ. Milan look like they'll be heading in the right direction if they can get some of their transfers over the line this time - and they've appointed a competent manager as well! Lots to look forward to this season.

Serie B will start 2 weeks later than planned - 5th of September rather than the 22nd of August. The match fixing shite surrounding Catania & still no decision on who'll effectively be taking Parma's place in the league being the main reasons for it.

When did ravel morrison sign for lazio?

He signed a PCA in January, but he's been training with them since his West Ham contract was terminated in February.

I see you've signed Massimo Gobbi after he left Parma. Can't say I'm too clued up on who your regular LB is, but handing Gobbi - who'll be 35 in a few months - a 2 year deal is a little odd. He's also not very good.

Speaking of ex-Parma players/staff, Jose Mauri looks like he'll be joining Milan & Hernan Crespo has gotten the Managers gig at Modena. FWIW, I'll be polluting this thread with Serie D/Parma stuff throughout the season. :P

In regards to Inter, they've made some impressive signings so far - up until they handed Ranocchia a new deal. 4 years as well, Christ. Milan look like they'll be heading in the right direction if they can get some of their transfers over the line this time - and they've appointed a competent manager as well! Lots to look forward to this season.

Sorry, dude - meant to give you a greenie...

Juan Quintero has signed for Bologna from Porto. Impressive.

Why? I thought he was a regular for Porto. Cracking player and I feel this is a step down for the lad.

Why? I thought he was a regular for Porto. Cracking player and I feel this is a step down for the lad.

He's moving to team with loads of money that's going to pay him a fortune in a better league where if he plays well he'll likely get picked up by an even bigger club.

Archived