Brora/Golspie info

Karpaty

Looking to head up for our pre-season friendly but a lot of the b&b's, inns and hotels seem booked up. Is there perhaps something I might have missed accommodation wise?

Is it conceivable to just pitch a tent somewhere? Technically the trip can be done in a day on the train but I'll be fucked with the traveling by kick off.

Anywhere in Brora or Golspie would do. Cheers.

Looking to head up for our pre-season friendly but a lot of the b&b's, inns and hotels seem booked up. Is there perhaps something I might have missed accommodation wise?

Is it conceivable to just pitch a tent somewhere? Technically the trip can be done in a day on the train but I'll be fucked with the traveling by kick off.

Anywhere in Brora or Golspie would do. Cheers.

I booked a a couple of rooms here for my cousin whose coming over from Canada to play golf mid July. It's not on the usual websites, so might still have rooms, decent prices: http://www.blarmhor.co.uk/

P.S. Have you tried the Sutherland in Brora?

I booked a a couple of rooms here for my cousin whose coming over from Canada to play golf mid July. It's not on the usual websites, so might still have rooms, decent prices: http://www.blarmhor.co.uk/

P.S. Have you tried the Sutherland in Brora?

Sounds like the same day we play Brora (Saturday 18th) :lol: I'll give it a bash though, cheers.

Sounds like the same day we play Brora (Saturday 18th) :lol: I'll give it a bash though, cheers.

He's staying on the 17th, I'll get him to leave a kipper behind the radiator. :)

There're plenty of places to stay in Golspie. The five pubs all have hotel rooms, the Golspie Inn, Ben Bhraggie Hotel, The Caberfeidh, The Stag and the Golf Links. There are also four or five B&B's that I can think of off the top of my head.

Have you tried all of those? Don't think there's anything on (the Gala isn't for a couple of weeks later), so you should be able to get somewhere.

As far as Brora goes, there's the Sutherland Inn and the Marine Hotel, sure there'll be a fair few B&Bs as well, although I don't know Brora as well. Their Carnival week starts the next day though, so you might struggle a wee bit for something there.

We're doing the trip up on the train next Saturday for the Morton game but coming back down the road. Nothing too difficult to ask- what's the pub situation, social club at the ground? What about carry out shops for the way back down the road? No time between trains to pick something up in Inverness so we'll have to be sorted by the time we leave in the 6pm train.

Thats a great effort by train for for the day-well done.You will be made very welcome.

You can only get the 10.38am from inverness on Saturday morning,arriving at 12.56pm.

The only train in the afternoon leaves Brora at 18.00hrs and arrives in Inverness at 20.10. It's a connecting service for onward trains to the South so you'll be fine if its running late as they hold on connecting service.

Its about a 10/15min walk through the village to the station from the ground.You pass the Co-op shop so you can top up there.

Pub on main street and a nice social club at the ground.

Thats a great effort by train for for the day-well done.You will be made very welcome.

You can only get the 10.38am from inverness on Saturday morning,arriving at 12.56pm.

The only train in the afternoon leaves Brora at 18.00hrs and arrives in Inverness at 20.10. It's a connecting service for onward trains to the South so you'll be fine if its running late as they hold on connecting service.

Its about a 10/15min walk through the village to the station from the ground.You pass the Co-op shop so you can top up there.

Pub on main street and a nice social club at the ground.

Aye, had a look at all the times and got decent advance tickets from Glasgow to Inverness- my only concern is that that train might be held up and we miss our connection on the way up in the morning. Hopefully the same rules apply if that's the case.

Should give us time to get a pint after the game in the social club and get stocked up for the way home, excellent. One other thing, I always get a pin badge from somewhere I've not been- I have seen you guys moaning about the merchandising in the past, what's the chances of getting one?

No problem with North connections as they would never let the Brora train leave Inverness until the train from Edinburgh/Glasgow arrives. If it's very late they will lay on a taxi for you without question.

Don't think you'll have much luck with the pin badge I'm afraid.

No problem with North connections as they would never let the Brora train leave Inverness until the train from Edinburgh/Glasgow arrives. If it's very late they will lay on a taxi for you without question.

Don't think you'll have much luck with the pin badge I'm afraid.

Cheers, making the connection on the train's the main priority anyway of course. Looking forward to the day out.

• 2 weeks later...

We're doing the trip up on the train next Saturday for the Morton game but coming back down the road. Nothing too difficult to ask- what's the pub situation, social club at the ground? What about carry out shops for the way back down the road? No time between trains to pick something up in Inverness so we'll have to be sorted by the time we leave in the 6pm train.

How did you get on? I'm considering last minute train effort but the five minute connection is putting me off. Even if I can get a bus connection south I'm in two minds.

I'm probably going to see Brora's first league match. Ross County are at Celtic on Sky earlier in the day - is there a pub close enough that will show football?

I'm pretty sure both the downstairs bar at the Sutherland Arms and the Social Club at the ground have Sky, but my memory's a bit hazy, worth checking.

Archived