Kilmarnock v Dundee opening day.

dundee were fabulous an saturday...they possessed all the attributes you would want in a your football team...Stewart / Loy / Hemmings will score a barrel load between them.

Killie were utterly abysmal in every department - starting with the manager. As far as i'm concerned Locke can go now - i've seen enough. He didn't have a clue last season and blamed it on the team not being his. Saturday was just the same old crap with his new signings. Most killie fans i know were were quite pleased with his signings (except missing a creative midfielder) and were quite positive for the new season - Not now ! I'd get mixu in straight away and Jim Mann can hopefully admit his mistake. Keeping Locke on is just delaying the inevitable as far as i can see it.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killie fans: we were early to the game on Saturday so we took a wander round the ground to kill some time and to see the stadium from another view. Do you have to put up with that mad God fearing bible thumper on the mic every week or was that a one off?

He was there a good 3/4 times last year and we won every game he was there.

I saw him on Saturday and thought "Yas, nut job is here. Win for the boys."

How wrong I was.

dundee were fabulous an saturday...they possessed all the attributes you would want in a your football team...Stewart / Loy / Hemmings will score a barrel load between them.

Killie were utterly abysmal in every department - starting with the manager. As far as i'm concerned Locke can go now - i've seen enough. He didn't have a clue last season and blamed it on the team not being his. Saturday was just the same old crap with his new signings. Most killie fans i know were were quite pleased with his signings (except missing a creative midfielder) and were quite positive for the new season - Not now ! I'd get mixu in straight away and Jim Mann can hopefully admit his mistake. Keeping Locke on is just delaying the inevitable as far as i can see it.

Totally agree. I think there is enough evidence to show that this just isn't going to work.

Ah! Cheers David.

(Edit after reading the report.)

Ooof. That's an utterly brutal verdict on Killie. Still, when a player gives them a quote like that to work with there's no real arguing with it.

Locke is utterly clueless

Mate, Guardiola would've been stood on the sidelines scratching his head on Saturday if he was the Killie manager. Just write off all 9 points against us this season and focus on the other matches.

Killie fans: we were early to the game on Saturday so we took a wander round the ground to kill some time and to see the stadium from another view. Do you have to put up with that mad God fearing bible thumper on the mic every week or was that a one off?

He's there sometimes, he was there when we went on a great run last season then he left and we started to lose. Guys a strange yin.

He's there sometimes, he was there when we went on a great run last season then he left and we started to lose. Guys a strange yin.

I can't remember seeing (or hearing) him at the couple of matches I made last season, but when we repaired to the hotel after my mother's funeral last May he was there, in the area behind the Moffat, pontificating like a good'un to an audience of one scruffy wee dug and Bowie's monster truck/compensatory device. Strange doesn't begin to describe it.

The guy annoys me because he actually thinks in his mind that he's doing good when in fact he's just being a horrible c**t, "accept Jesus boys or you'll burn in hell, he died for your sins" is the message me and my da got hut with at the Dundee game. p***k.

The guy annoys me because he actually thinks in his mind that he's doing good when in fact he's just being a horrible c**t, "accept Jesus boys or you'll burn in hell, he died for your sins" is the message me and my da got hut with at the Dundee game. p***k.

Imagine the cheek of the man. We're just about to go in and watch Killie and he thinks burning in hell is worse.

Tipped Dundee to get one of the Europa slots this season a few weeks back. Think Hartley’s a good manager (certainly derailed our season last term!) – and the signings all look astute added to the likes of Stewart and Harkins (who always seems to save his best for us). Loy will step up, and Low is a wee terrier who I was sorry to see leave us.

This scoreline has fairly underlined that. Were they as good as the score suggests, or were Kilmarnock just very poor?

This scoreline has fairly underlined that. Were they as good as the score suggests, or were Kilmarnock just very poor?

They were outstanding. That is the best performance from a team I've seen in at least 5 years at Rugby Park. (On the flip side Killie were horrific).

I had Aberdeen down for an unchallenged 2nd this year but if they can keep key players such as Thomson/Harkins fit then Dundee look like they could be serious contenders. They kept the ball with ease when they had it, waited for the right pass and were clinical. When they didn't have the ball they hunted in packs and won it back quickly. Nothing revolutionary. I think they've just been watching Bayern Munich DVDs and been told to try to emulate that style of play.

Tipped Dundee to get one of the Europa slots this season a few weeks back. Think Hartley’s a good manager (certainly derailed our season last term!) – and the signings all look astute added to the likes of Stewart and Harkins (who always seems to save his best for us). Loy will step up, and Low is a wee terrier who I was sorry to see leave us.

Dundee played very well indeed. It was probably the best team performance over a full 90 minutes that I've seen in 25 years. Mind you, we've been pretty pish for much of that time. Even when we had the foreign players in the Bonetti era we might have played some lovely football, but we rarely gelled as a whole team. We were far too dependent on flair players improvising something special. Ok, Harkins did that for the third goal, but the other goals were either the result of patient passing before going for goal, or aggressive pressing of Killie. Actually, the second goal had both. Holt won the ball out on the wing on the half way line and started a scoring move instead of just launching ball and player into touch, which would have been understandable on the stroke of half time.

It was great to see Dundee go out with a game plan that entailed attacking and giving Stewart freedom, then seeing the players make the plan work.

Killie were certainly very poor, but one thing they maybe deserve credit for was that they didn't start clogging. Most clubs would start with the heavy stuff in those circumstances. There was only one booking, and that was when Ross drew a foul from O'Hara with a neat bit of skill. No-one got booked for hammering Stewart, who was often targeted last season. He won't have many such pain-free afternoons if he keeps up that form.

Archived