Preseasonwatch 2015

HibeeJibee

In the 1st season we had East Kilbride as the unknowns & they've proved themselves in those 2 seasons. Last season the unknowns wee BSC Glasgow & once again they have proved their worth in the League, both have which had their doubters prior to joining.

So it's the same with the CC's there's been the same usual doubters. So hopefully they can follow in the footsteps of those that have been in their boots the past 2 seasons.

I for one hope they get at least a top 1/2 finish & I love going to see us play at new grounds, so good luck to the C Colts & welcome to the LL.

Grimbo

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers , I'll watch their results with interest and if not playing myself will defo take a few games in. As you say its great going to new grounds and I've always been a juniors man so something different to look forward too

heard WW were playing Falkirk u20s but seemingly it was more like their Under 15s

was there u14s....four breakaway goals.....relegation position beckons

Another impressive result for LTHV

LTHV are wasted playing in the EOS

Have to agree, but for a club like hutchie ,they should have Had their house in order years ago with licence and Ground at a higher standard. They've let average clubs take over them and need to get back to the top. This famous club must have produced more players than any academy in Scotland and now need to step up.

I was at the falkirk v whitehill game on Saturday, im not a fan of Carnie but I don't think they will be relagation favourite's at all.

They where well organised and very fit and played football the right way. WW and the manager seem to get alot of stick on here from people including me!! Im a favourite of the so called dark side and i think they will win the league.

Cumbernauld Colts - they already have an Amateur team infact I think it won the 2nd tier of the Caledonian Amateur League in the season just ended. So their venture into the Lowland League is more like East Kilbride (who had joined SOS League from the Amateurs but never kicked a ball) than BSC Glasgow (who literally formed their first adult team for LL football).

However you'd guess that CC like EK and BSCG before them will signed lots of new players and supplement them with some from inside the club.

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale - any scrutiny of results over the last 2 seasons shows that LTHV can hold their own against most Lowland clubs and in winning the EOS League for 2yrs running they would have been eligible for promotion to LL had the license been in order.

Hopefully they and fellow users Tynecastle can work together to get Saughton Enclosure in good order.

I was at the falkirk v whitehill game on Saturday, im not a fan of Carnie but I don't think they will be relagation favourite's at all.

They where well organised and very fit and played football the right way. WW and the manager seem to get alot of stick on here from people including me!! Im a favourite of the so called dark side and i think they will win the league.

Was it no behind closed doors ? How did you manage that ?

Ye canny judge a team on one game especially pre season.

Gretna lost 1-0 to Ayr in the Raydale Cup's Final yesterday.

Vale of Leithen have added a second game, v Penicuik Athletic on Tuesday 28th July. It seems that Vale are only starting friendlies in the week before the league season starts, is this correct?

Have to agree, but for a club like hutchie ,they should have Had their house in order years ago with licence and Ground at a higher standard. They've let average clubs take over them and need to get back to the top. This famous club must have produced more players than any academy in Scotland and now need to step up.

The facts will show you're correct. But by 'produced' I assume you mean cherry picked from most of the other sides in the east area?

Considering the fact that they tagged onto a lothian side that had perhaps one decent season in the ten before the merger then I wouldn't suggest they've let average teams get ahead of them although I agree more should have been done off the Park to secure a licence.

Archived