Greek referendum

ICTChris

Big difference is we didn't have one side in the greek referendum pop up in the last few days of campaigning offering free houmous and all the giant wooden horses you can eat if you voted their way.

Particularly when the option to have the wooden horses and houmous guarantee included as a third choice on the ballot was rejected, by them.

Scotland's free humous had no effect whatsoever on voting intentions as polls have shown subsequently

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sigmar Gabriel deflating some balloons today.

Now being reported by some that Tsipras' "comprehensive" offer will be... based on Juncker's last demanded one. If so, could be some very unhappy Greeks.

I guess it's about what each side can stomach and still save face.

Never knew you were still trawling through my twitter account Confi. I'm flattered, in a creeped out kind of way :wub:

Let me guess, you're a wings supporter?

Not so much trawling, young Lexington. I saw the thread in question over the weekend and guffawed at your attempt at trolling.

And by supporter, do you mean did I support his recent financial fundraiser? No. Do I enjoy the ire he creates amonsgst raving Britnat unionists? Yes.

Always is when H_B gets involved. Would have went along fine if the mouth breathers didn't respond to him though.

I think you'll find that the mouth-breathers started this nonsense.

This wasn't some great triumph as some have tried to portray it. The reality is that the Greeks have been fekked for some time and no matter the result they are going to face an even tougher time of it than they have had already.

Sigmar Gabriel deflating some balloons today.

Now being reported by some that Tsipras' "comprehensive" offer will be... based on Juncker's last demanded one. If so, could be some very unhappy Greeks.

I guess it's about what each side can stomach and still save face.

This referendum is as much about Tsipras's ego as it is about the Greek economy.

Always is when H_B gets involved. Would have went along fine if the mouth breathers didn't respond to him though.

Another stunning contribution from you Hulk Hogan.

The reporting of this whole story by the BBC has been pretty woeful.

It harks back to the fact that the vast, vast majority of commentators the BBC have on to discuss economic matters are city analysts or the like. Alternative voices are not given a look in.

Last night Tessa Jowell was embarrassing and the angry woman they had on the Papers Review tonight was even worse.

Any kind of deal that opens the Greek ATM's and makes the creditors assets worth more than junk bonds will succeed imo. The markets think so too, the euro has hardly moved in the last week. If it gets really bitchy in negotiations I could see the Yanks offering to buy a few billion Greek government long term bonds for short term liquidity just to stop the Russians sniffing around.

That's a miracle deal at the moment. You could also argue the markets haven't moved because Greece can be cut adrift with relatively little pain in the remainder of the Eurozone.

Can't remember which, but either a private or state-backed Chinese enterprise took over the port of Piraeus a few years back - if any emergency backing is forthcoming, Beijing would have the greatest ability and purpose to do so.

I got out of hospital yesterday so heading into Athens for a quick scout round. The trams and buses are all free this week because there is no facility to bank cash. Not a big deal except Athens probably moves millions of people around every week on these things so it doesn't help. I of course found this out just after I'd bought 2 tickets but they're cheap as chips anyway.

Archived