Greek referendum

ICTChris

There's far too much of this...

At this stage it's not helpful to talk about 'the greeks' as if the nation can be lumped together so easily. It's lazy in the extreme.

The neo-liberal economic system is being tested to the extreme here, and if the international banks aren't careful they'll have a revolution to deal with.

It's not saying the Greeks are lazy - anything but.

However there is a culture of giving public sector positions to their friends by Greek politicians. Perhaps it is a legacy from the military ruling the country - I don't know. All I do know is that there is no easy solution that won't involve pain for the majority of the Greek people.

No doubt as well there will be a small minority of the political classes who won't suffer at all - and we all know why.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good on the Greeks, it's about time the troughers and leeches were told where to go for a change.

Mmm..

Except they aren't telling them to go. They're asking them for more money.

"How about you f**k off... cough... eh, can you leave us £20 for the messages before you go"

Mmm..

Except they aren't telling them to go. They're asking them for more money.

"How about you f**k off... cough... eh, can you leave us £20 for the messages before you go"

I didn't realise I said they were going, perhaps you should wipe away the tears before you read my posts.

I didn't realise I said they were going, perhaps you should wipe away the tears before you read my posts.

Tears of laughter generally accompany your contributions.

You haven't quite reached the level of your comical Scottish referendum performance - this is more like your awkward second album.

Good on the Greeks, it's about time the troughers and leeches were told where to go for a change.

Absolutely. It's quite depressing to see the right wingers, unionists and hangers on decrying the Greek people for having more cojones than most.

Still, I don't suppose the craven, servile shitebags can see beyond their front garden.

Absolutely. It's quite depressing to see the right wingers,

Ah yes.

Have you in all your extensive reading on this matter, found out which side the right wingers were supporting yet?

You haven't quite reached the level of your comical Scottish referendum performance - this is more like your awkward second album.

He has the economic literacy of a monkey with a calculator.

One 20%er wrong + one 20% correct = 150% profit.

One 80%er correct + one 80%er wrong = 37.5% loss.

I know which comical performance I prefer.

Kinky greeting about folk making this a rerun of the Indyref because someone mentioned scaremongering was a bit OTT but the last page or so has taken us into ridiculous territory tbf. Folk from left/right/Unionist/Scot persuasions using this event to beg for an argument about a million and one things. Get a grip :lol:

He has the economic literacy of a monkey with a calculator.

You can tell us all what the positive and negative consequences of both a YES and a NO vote are since you're apparently the man on this subject.

You can tell us all what the positive and negative consequences of both a YES and a NO vote are since you're apparently the man on this subject.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Kinky greeting about folk making this a rerun of the Indyref because someone mentioned scaremongering was a bit OTT but the last page or so has taken us into ridiculous territory tbf. Folk from left/right/Unionist/Scot persuasions using this event to beg for an argument about a million and one things. Get a grip :lol:

agreed, some of the folk linking this to their own politics remind me of the Celtic fans having candlelit vigils for events that are nothing to do with them

agreed, some of the folk linking this to their own politics remind me of the Celtic fans having candlelit vigils for events that are nothing to do with them

To deny there are links is just foolish.

Austerity doesn't just affect people in one country. Whilst different countries have different levels of austerity, it is entirely plausible and understandable that people of an anti-austerity mindset would feel a camaraderie with the people of Greece.

Confi having another nightmare here.

Maybe about time to ask the mods to ban you, again...?

Speaking of nightmares..

DlrmrT45_normal.png Wings Over Scotland
So, it looks like Greece is going to teach Scotland a lesson about growing a pair in the face of economic terrorisation.
View details· fM-IB7hR_normal.jpg Yiannis Βaboulias
@WingsScotland a bit unfair, Greece has been going under for five years, Scots had more to lose.
View conversation· EVm1wJjk_normal.jpeg Lex
@YiannisBab @WingsScotland You must be new to his tweets. He doesn't have the first idea what he's talking about, don't take him seriously.
View conversation· fM-IB7hR_normal.jpg Yiannis Βaboulias
@Lexatar you don't know my tweets either, I lived in Scotland and was a Yes supporter @WingsScotland
View conversation· EVm1wJjk_normal.jpeg Lex
@YiannisBab @WingsScotland Who mentioned the referendum? Several YES voters will tell you he has no idea what he's talking about.
View conversation·
OdEFRVAj_normal.jpg @McgoldrickJa
@Lexatar @YiannisBab @WingsScotland We get the message you don't rate wings. No need to repeat yourself fella.

Big difference is we didn't have one side in the greek referendum pop up in the last few days of campaigning offering free houmous and all the giant wooden horses you can eat if you voted their way.

Particularly when the option to have the wooden horses and houmous guarantee included as a third choice on the ballot was rejected, by them.

Never knew you were still trawling through my twitter account Confi. I'm flattered, in a creeped out kind of way :wub:

Let me guess, you're a wings supporter?

Archived