Greek referendum

ICTChris

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fah Kinell. Posters seeing this a rerun of The Indyref with the answers reversed. How fucking dull do you need to be?

Prince Philip will be raging. Even though he's not that Greek and his family ties were more towards Nazi elements in Hitler's Germany...

In a hell of a lot of the vox-pops from the last 24 hours, anger about the severity of the threats against the Greeks has been cited as a decisive vote vinner for No. On a purely campaigning basis, it doesn't seem to have been unhelpful.

Overblown possibly but given the possible consequences of the next few days, I can understand why things are getting ramped up a few gears.

Oh I don't doubt it may have been helpful for the referendum but it can't help already strained relations when he has to sit down with some of these "terrorists" next week.

Many of the the threats were just as bad though and absolutely no surprise if they were counter productive.

Oh I don't doubt it may have been helpful for the referendum but it can't help already strained relations when he has to sit down with some of these "terrorists" next week.

Many of the the threats were just as bad though and absolutely no surprise if they were counter productive.

Aye, it's a tough one right enough. What needed to be said to win is going to make things more than a bit awkies now. Time will tell whether it was worth it.

The idiot 'oxi' posters.

I see people commenting on some of the similarities and differences between the two votes - that's hardly a rerun. It's not too unreasonable a thing to do or something worth getting too worried about.

Fah Kinell. Posters seeing this a rerun of The Indyref with the answers reversed. How fucking dull do you need to be?

I don't think anyone has said it's a rerun? But that doesn't mean certain aspects, eg the shitebag factor, of the two plebiscites aren't worth comparing.

Although as pandy rightfully says, the status of the status quo's, if you will, are not even close.

I don't think anyone has said it's a rerun? But that doesn't mean certain aspects, eg the shitebag factor, of the two plebiscites aren't worth comparing.

Although as pandy rightfully says, the status of the status quo's, if you will, are not even close.

It's a choice akin to getting your knackers cut off with a machete or a hatchet.

Neither choice is particularly appealing.

I think the the Greeks are screwed no matter what.

It's a choice akin to getting your knackers cut off with a machete or a hatchet.

Neither choice is particularly appealing.

I think the the Greeks are screwed no matter what.

This way at least they'll go down fighting.

Signing up to that pile of shite would've been utterly humiliating.

Almost all of Greece save one wee island should hold an independence referendum and become, say, the Alexandrian Republic, take none of the foreign embassies (and none of the debt) and Bingo! Crisis averted.

Would be more impressive if they used some of their inexplicable military spending and re established the Byzantine Empire.

What happens?

The banking system collapses, nobody gets paid (state employees and all pensions and benefits) so the state cannot function and the whole structures of society break down. The sick will go untreated and the importation of food and fuel stops. A lot of the rich Greeks. and there's plenty of them as the 300bn euros they borrowed didn't all just vanish, will have the currency to survive on the black market and get anything they want, but the rest are going to starve unless the ECB gives them billions, But hey ho, they said oxi.

The banking system collapses, nobody gets paid (state employees and all pensions and benefits) so the state cannot function and the whole structures of society break down. The sick will go untreated and the importation of food and fuel stops. A lot of the rich Greeks. and there's plenty of them as the 300bn euros they borrowed didn't all just vanish, will have the currency to survive on the black market and get anything they want, but the rest are going to starve unless the ECB gives them billions, But hey ho, they said oxi.

Do you understand how debt and debt re-financing and roll-over work? Greece has not borrowed 300bln into their economy although that may be the figure they now owe. The EU and IMF had behaved worse than the payday lenders in the UK.

Archived