Greek referendum

ICTChris

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm here and in a position to judge. The doctors generally speak better English because it's a requirement of the role in an international city like Athens.

I'm here and talking to some people and feeding back what they're saying. I'm sorry that doesn't stand up to your scrutiny. Maybe I'll just find myself a higher horse and pontificate like a total fanny looking for an argument that doesn't really exist.

Calm down, you'll give yourself a heart attack.

Hopefully it will force the creditors to come up with a deal that allows Greece to grow out of its crisis. If not, congratulations on your new Presidency General Stavros!

Polls have closed. Indications no could win by 8-10 points with high levels of support amongst middle classes. Will tomorrow be a good time or bad time to stock up on euros?

I bought mine 2 days ago, maybe prematurely. Could be a good time tomorrow or soon after the result tonight, before encouraging signs of a compromise leak out, if they do.

This communist Greek PM's statement is laughable, he's leading them to disaster. But a likley £11bn hit for us. Imagine if Scotland was a full separate member as the poor fools want, would be a minimum £1bn coming right out of our coffers. Sturgeon wants us to be full members so we'd be paying double our annual fee to cover Greek incompetence and greed. The other spin off is going to be humanitarian assistance to Greece by all the great and good. The £12bn foreign aid budget will be diverted from dictators and Islamists to Athens.

I wouldn't mind Scotland helping our less wealthy European brothers once we're Independent.

We're used to it. We've been helping our financially less well off neighbour since 1707.

How deluded are you? The Greek debt is roughly equivalent of our share UK national debt. Independence for Scotland equals the same disaster

The Greeks have no debt, are you sure?

How deluded are you? The Greek debt is roughly equivalent of our share UK national debt. Independence for Scotland equals the same disaster

Shit, the UK's share of UK national debt must be pretty bad then. When's our bailout referendum?

Oxi thanks.

A soft No might be the best possible for the Greeks.

Notable that that's another nation refusing to succumb to the cheap threats and intimidation of project fear. Wha's like us, indeed.

Although it's an almighty gamble, there's a growing contingent in Germany who would be happy to take the hit on a Grexit.

In true P&B style, the odds have completely reversed since I said Yes might be value. No is now 1/5 :lol:

The aftermath of a No vote would be fascinating.

Yep, looks like me and you are responsible for European chaos.

I hope you can sleep tonight. Tsk.

We're used to it. We've been helping our financially less well off neighbour since 1707.

Didn't realise you were English.. Interesting.

This is the way I see it going. I think most Greeks will know that a No vote is the better option for the long term but they will shite it just to get the banks open for a start.

Syriza only won about 36% of the vote at the election so they have a job on their hands getting and keeping the public onside through all this turmoil.

Thing is .. What do Syriza do now?

If they get their No vote and the Eurozone rubber ear them as they have to do to retain any credibility, where do they go from there?

If Greece reject the bailout terms, there's no way the creditors are going to say 'ah, OK.. We'll do it your way'.

Horrible for those in Greece but absolutely fascinating.

Thing is .. What do Syriza do now?

If they get their No vote and the Eurozone rubber ear them as they have to do to retain any credibility, where do they go from there?

If Greece reject the bailout terms, there's no way the creditors are going to say 'ah, OK.. We'll do it your way'.

Horrible for those in Greece but absolutely fascinating.

I think it's a case of who blinks first now. Mexican stand off.

Archived