Just had a wee look. Broony has a slightly better goal ratio than "Best player in decades" That's without taking penalties (8 in his 16 goal season). :rolleyes:

Could he have been a John Collins, Archie Gemmel or Don Hutchison if he'd gone to stoke? :unsure:

Ferguson played in a much more competitive Scottish Premier League though.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, his first touch isn't good enough to play the role you all seemed to think he played at Hibs.

Brown started his Hibs career right behind the front two as an attacking midfielder. A very successful one at that also. He lost a little of his pace after fracturing his league but he was a very much a box to box midfielder.

No he didn't.

If he started right behind the front two he wasn't an attacking midfielder. How many goals did he score during this very successful time?

Your seriously saying the premier league wasn't more competitive with better players 10-15 years ago.

I'm talking the matter of season under blobby he played there. Not long at all. He was an attacking midfielder. He set up loads of goals and scored a few rakers too! Check his run for the 3rd against Celtic that lost Celtic the league or his run for the 3rd in a 3-0 win over Rangers as examples. He must have been quite successful for Celtic and rangers to be willing to pay just under £5m for him.

Your seriously saying the premier league wasn't more competitive with better players 10-15 years ago.

Aye but Rangers and Celtic teams were miles ahead in quality back then were they not? Some fucking amazing players. From what I remember they destroyed teams most weeks.

Aye but Rangers and Celtic teams were miles ahead in quality back then were they not? Some fucking amazing players. From what I remember they destroyed teams most weeks.

Rangers had Celtic to compete against though under Ferguson. At least 4 seasons of Scott Browns career will be in a non competitive top league. Hearts also split the old firm during Fergusons time and Hibs where extremely competitive beating the old firm on numerous occasions.

Rangers had Celtic to compete against though under Ferguson. At least 4 seasons of Scott Browns career will be in a non competitive top league. Hearts also split the old firm during Fergusons time and Hibs where extremely competitive beating the old firm on numerous occasions.

Aye but 3/4/5 tougher games a season only. They romped the rest from what I remember as a kid, hidings regularly dished out making it easier for the players of the OF teams, it was competitive as a 2 horse race like it's virtually always been but the overall league wasn't 'much more competitive' than it is now

Brown stagnated as a player after he left Hibs, has never reached the level (technically, not medal or money wise) he could've.

Think anyone who remembers him at his peak with Hibs would agree. He was a far more dynamic player then.

I do think he's a good player, especially for Scotland as he's super reliable but I feel he could have went on to become a real box to box midfielder rather than the more limited role he plays now.

Brown looked so much better in a limited hibs side because he was better than the lower than average player they had.

He now plays in a team with vastly superior players and doesn't shine as much for that reason.

A talented and reliable player but that's it.

'Limited Hibs side' :lol:

Celtics goal difference was around 30 goals better off this season than it was ten years ago. Good effort though.

14/15 - C + 67

13/14 - C + 77

12/13 - C +57

11/12 - C +63. R +49

10/11 - C +63. R +59

09/10 - C +36. R +54

08/09 - C + 49. R +47

07/08 - C +58. R +51

06/07 - C +31. R +29

05/06 - C +56. R+ 40

04/05 - C +50. R+56

03/04 - C +80. R+43.

02/03 - C +72. R +73

01/02 - C +76. R +55

00/01 - C +61. R +40

If you are using goal difference then there's really not that much difference, 06/07 aside.

Archived