• Created
  • Last Reply

In no particular order:

We Were Promised Jetpacks - It's Thunder and it's Lightning

Chvrches - We Sink

Biffy Clyro - Whorses

Twin Atlantic - Make A Beast Of Myself

Frightened Rabbit - The Woodpile

Glasvegas, Paolo, The Proclaimers, Fratellis and Calvin Harris, unlucks.

Evidently, I only really listen to the 'mainstreamy' stuff, so f**k the h8rs.

Biffy - Stingin Belle

Aztec Camera - Somewhere in my heart

Nazareth - Crazy (A suitable case for treatment)

Proclaimers - Letter from America

Travis - Writing to reach you

I'd have put in AC/DC or Dire straits songs but maybe the scottish ties aren't big enough.

1.) Arab Strap - There Is No End

2.) 1990s - See You At The Lights

3.) Franz Ferdinand - Emily Put Your Boots On

4.) Primal Scream - Swastika Eyes

5.) Belle & Sebastian - The Boy With The Arab Strap

Pictured in the 13th Note, April 2013:

58a038f28d.JPG

Perhaps that explains it.

I have heard mumblings about him being a bit of a nob, wasn't hugely pleasant to me when I met him. However I was absolutely gubbed and made a comment about his teeth so was probably only going one way.

The first album did get a fair bit if airplay on MTV2 but the second album seemed to be missing the catchy tunes then they disappeared without a trace. Still say them supporting Jarvis Cocker at the ABC was one of my favourite gigs.

So we are all agreed then that all Scotland can do is fey,short sleeve hooped t-shirt , Glasgow school of art, soft boy indie.

Nope, we have some fantastic electronic and leftfield artists/producers out there.

The first album did get a fair bit if airplay on MTV2 but the second album seemed to be missing the catchy tunes then they disappeared without a trace. Still say them supporting Jarvis Cocker at the ABC was one of my favourite gigs.

My mate's brother replaced the original bass player for the second album. IIRC, they recorded a third album but Rough Trade didn't take up the option on it and they couldn't find anyone else who was prepared to release it. Then Bernard Butler, who had produced the first two albums, poached Jackie/John to play in Trans, a band Butler put together. They got loads of press and did absolutely fucking squat. Dino (mate's brother / bass player) was livid about Butler breaking the band up.

Great shout with See You At The Lights though - best tune on that first album, and there's nothing to match it on the second.

So we are all agreed then that all Scotland can do is fey,short sleeve hooped t-shirt , Glasgow school of art, soft boy indie.

Not sure if whoosing, but

Nazareth

SAHB

Gerry Rafferty

Runrig

Wolfstone

Big Country

Pilot

To name but a few

ETA: World's greatest guitarist, Bert Jansch

My mate's brother replaced the original bass player for the second album. IIRC, they recorded a third album but Rough Trade didn't take up the option on it and they couldn't find anyone else who was prepared to release it. Then Bernard Butler, who had produced the first two albums, poached Jackie/John to play in Trans, a band Butler put together. They got loads of press and did absolutely fucking squat. Dino (mate's brother / bass player) was livid about Butler breaking the band up.

Great shout with See You At The Lights though - best tune on that first album, and there's nothing to match it on the second.

Cheers for that info. Jackie obviously had a bit of talent about him as was displayed in Yummy Fur so dickhead or not, it's a bit of a shame for him to seemingly dissappear into obscurity. Surprised he's not working behind the bar in 13th Note.

Archived