East Region North League 15-16

Griffin

2 fife teams beaten away from home and they only have 5 players with junior experience, top of the league!! You wont win anything with kids springs to mind 20 years on . Well done Coupar Angus, long may the headlines be for the right reasons this season.

Aye well done to them but in my opinion teams are underestimating them cause they were the whipping boys 2 years ago they have obviously had investment n if anyone says they haven't they are clueless week find out if they are challenging material next week

Strange one here I only comment now and again. I'll health last year. Like the Fife teams more than most. But Blairgowrie dee used to be the cheerleader for Blair. Now Coupar Angus!!!

Just to answer your point Hatchet, i used to champion Blair as i was on the coaching staff and comimittee, i had 5 great years working with good coaches and players. Now having moved back to Coupar Angus, a team i used to turnout for, i will now be commenting on them as i plan to watch a fair amount of there games this year.

The comment about the money at Coupar from someone else who is obviously jealous, that is bullshit as there has been a massive community effort to get the park back to former glory.The team has a 5 junior players with experience, a few Forfar U/19s signed and the rest as far as im aware are amatuers, so please get your facts right before having a pop. It is now just a well run club.

I was at the game yesterday. In terms of simple things like kit, Coupar Angus looked very professional.

As for the game it really took on the appearance of an u19s game. Coupar were indeed far superior to the home team. However if I'm brutally honest, against the amount of district matches I have watched in recent years, I would expect Newburgh to be at the bottom and Coupar maybe mid table. Perhaps overall standards have dropped. Will just have to wait and see. One thing you can say is David Martin has Coupar well organised and chomping at the bit to close teams down. Newburgh just had no one with any real quality to keep possession while under pressure.

On the day the burgh keeper had zero saves as far as I can remember. Therefore the score line itself was perhaps a little flattering as most chances ended up in the net.

I would agree with Al, Coupar, when they beat Lochore last saturday, were really well organised and worked extrememly hard. Kept a good shape and disciplined throughout the game. With regards to the quality on show that day, id be surprised if they did challenge for the top 2 spots but hey, fair play to them, they have started with wins and everyone would love to be in the same position as them im sure! Big test coming up for their young squad next wek but good to see just how far away they are.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing the Glens up at Newburgh on Wednesday.

They hammered us 7-0 down at the Warout after our keeper was sent off and we lost our strength in midfield to a dislocated knee.

The 'Burgh have put together a couple of good results in their last two games so hoping for a closer match this week

All welcome at East Shore Park

Looking forward to seeing the Glens up at Newburgh on Wednesday.

They hammered us 7-0 down at the Warout after our keeper was sent off and we lost our strength in midfield to a dislocated knee.

The 'Burgh have put together a couple of good results in their last two games so hoping for a closer match this week

All welcome at East Shore Park

Looking forward to it, always enjoy playing at Newburgh. Surface is normally decent, and great wee set up.