All Hurlford United chat 2015/16

The'FORD

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any updates on when the much required drainage works are getting carried out at Blair Park as it was a major issue just last season even after a drizzle of rain or has the major problems been magicaly resolved

Any updates on when the much required drainage works are getting carried out at Blair Park as it was a major issue just last season even after a drizzle of rain or has the major problems been magicaly resolved

From what I have heard not much more Hurlford can do at the moment, to do with surrounding drainage outside their ground.

From what I have heard not much more Hurlford can do at the moment, to do with surrounding drainage outside their ground.

There doesn't appear to have been any work done - I have asked on here a couple of times, but not been answered.

The surrounding drains are part of the problem, but my understanding is that the main problem is that the pitch drains have been clogged up due to over-zealous sanding. If that has not been addressed then we will have the same problems this season as last season.

In fact, given how wet the summer has been and the current unseasonally high level of the ground water table then I would expect that any heavy autumnal showers could lead to postponements.

Camera inspection showed drains were clear I was informed :/ the external issue seems consistent in that jimmy and ward have to try and stop the water coming into the park it gets that backed up out with the park, before then having to use a pump to clear the pitch drains. Again this is my person opinion on the situation

Archived