Irvine Meadow 2015-16

Shannon

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see Stevie put that to bed. Just been one or two grumblings and with recent results my fear was that he'd walk away.

Massive game for both teams on Sat. Glad to see the goalkeeper situation being addressed also.

What has the form of Dan Tobin been like since he joined from Stranraer?

Rankin was arguing with fans during the second half of the game at the weekend, fans weren't very happy

just one fan and it wasn't an argument just a minor disagreement.

I agree most fans weren't happy, who would be when getting gubbed 4-0?

A minor disagreement ha, sounded bit more than that with rankin saying see me outside the ground face to face rather than shouting from the terrace, neutral observer by the way

The guy in question is quite elderley so i doubt if anything would have came of it, Just heat of the moment stuff

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah a huge game. If we win then I think we could move up to third or fourth but a loss then back in relegation zone. Rob Roy are a decent team especially beating Talbot recently at home and with Wullie Sawyers playing he looks a different player for them. Hope we can get off to a quick start again. One of the best attacking performances I have seen in the game v Beith. Really enjoyed the game and positives all over the park. 3 early goals gave us loads of confidence and some breathing space. Well done Meadow!

As if last week couldn't kick start our season.back to usual pish today can't defend for shit n leave our best defender twaddle sat on bench.shocking

I think Twaddle will be back in the team next week. Evans didn't have a great game and kept missing the ball like I would at 7s! Score two away from home last season our defence would have held out for a draw in my opinion. Darroch saved us a few times so I don't believe he is the weak link. Fraser needs to stop barracking the ref and just concentrate on his game as he done last week and performs better!

No football at all. Brilliant against beith last week and this week was dreadful. Why not play the ball to the right wing all the time McCann got the ball 3 times and opened Roy up then they stopped passing out there. Also medda can't deal with crossed balls. Disappointing result.

Halliday for the now Largs signing Phillips was the only change. He didn't contribute much and other than a cover for left side defence or midfield, it is hard to see why he is still here. Twadds on the bench is a mystery, although I wouldn't necessarily drop either Evans or Darroch to let him into centre back. Maybe look at Jamie or Evans back to FB or Twaddle at lb. that would be hard on the two full backs but whilst they seem OK, they aren't necessarily first picks.

Archived