The Youth Academy Challenge

RandomGuy.

Wick Academy: Season 2023/24

0O9BKU4.png

TransfersFacilitiesTrainingFirst Team SquadFinancesPlayer StatsAttendances

League Campaign

ulHImDr.png

Well, we followed on from last season where we were pish by continuing to be pish - but just like last season we managed to avoid being the worst team in the league by the skin of our teeth. We managed to pick up 9 points in our final 4 games, doubling our tally of wins for the season in the process - I have no idea where that run of form came from, but thank f**k it did.  Our goals for an against remain very similar to last season, and we were still by a fair distance the dirtiest team in the division, which is nice. Callum Lindsay was, once again, the main man - directly involved in 12 out of 26 goals we scored, and Jason Golabek had a great first season with the highest average rating in the team. We're also now down to just 2 players who were here when I started the save, and our average age is 19 (compared with 23 with the division as a whole) so I suppose 9th is pretty much the best we could hope for. Annan beat East Kilbride to stay up, while both Brechin and East Fife are coming down from League One.

The Cups

vCR5rtM.png

Pretty standard stuff,  pumped by the Championship and Premiership side, narrow loss against the team from my league and a great win against Kelty. 

9fhxiOP.png

Managed to not lose against a reserve team, which is nice, but out early on as usual.

IVhaqzD.png

Thumping win against Lossiemouth - that and the Kelty result make me think that my side is now too good for the Highland/Lowland league, but not good enough for the League Two. which is frustrating. Then put out narrowly by Edinburgh City, but we were never in that game so whatever. Need to hope to get a tie with a big team for some cash.

Youth Intake

5bXaXEZ.png

One absolute gem of a player, and two others that look very useful.

Kane Farquhar: great passer, good work rate and stamina and nothing about his game that's especially bad (for this level) so I'm very pleased with him. Main issue as far as I'm concerned is that he is may be injury prone.

Ali Kelly: My keepers are shite and throw in goals left right and centre, so he'll go straight in as number one. He isn't brilliant, but he's not yet proven himself to be crap so beats the other two.

Dean Smith: Another pretty decent striker, will see how he turns out. Off the ball movement is excellent, and he can control the ball and finish ok. Might be an asset.

• 3 weeks later...

Wick Academy: Season 2024/25

0O9BKU4.png

Transfers | Facilities | Training | First Team Squad | Finances | Player Stats | Attendances

League Campaign

elcXgXn.png

That went poorly. 5 of our points were in the last 3 games when we were already guaranteed to be in the relegation playoff as well. We set a couple of records this season, most notably having the worst disciplinary record in League Two history. We didn't reach double figures in terms of points until January, and there wasn't a single point of the season where we didn't look absolutely certain to finish last - we went bottom of the league at the start of November and stayed there the whole time. Just dreadful throughout, this was the first season that's felt like a complete slog. Still, Callum Lindsay proved himself to be decent again and George Gamble, who didn't play a game until March (because I forgot about him) managed to get 5 goals and 2 assists between then and the end of the season, which is pretty good going. Our defence remains an absolute travesty though, and is, and will remain, the main reason why my team is so poor. In any case, we faced a playoff - and it was Kelty Hearts...

Spoiler

le1XsMg.png

We got away with that. 2 all in the first leg, having been 2-0 up with 89 minutes played isn't exactly a confidence booster. We then should probably have won the second leg, and hot the post a few times, but we couldn't take our chances. Onto penalties, and we managed to get through and stay up. I'd really rather not have to do this again, but I think there's a decent chance we will.

The Cups

aLIjgJU.png

BFQKH6l.png

p97wf73.png

Pumped out straight away every time, and we absolutely deserved to lose every one of those games. f**k it.

Youth Intake

9vaUWpO.png

A decent striker, which is one of about two positions we actually have good options for, and nothing else. Not what I was hoping for. I suppose some of them might develop, but really need some guys who can make an impact now.

Conor Fraser: Good finisher, good composure, relatively quick and should be able to develop. Very pleased with him. As I said though, with Lindsay already my best player, Gamble starting to play very well and a couple of other options, it's the one position I probably didn't need anyone for. 

Wick Academy: Season 2025/26

0O9BKU4.png

Transfers | Facilities | Training | First Team Squad | Finances | Player Stats | Attendances

League Campaign

iYWfYdg.png

Well, that's better than last season at least - but we, once again, take our traditional place at the wrong end of the league table. We were basically saved by managing to beat Stirling on the 2nd last game of the season, and a completely inexplicable run of form at the start of January where we managed to win 3 games in a row, despite having won 1 league game from the 18 up to that point. They were also our second, third and fourth clean sheet of the season in all competitions, and I didn't really change anything, so I have absolutely no idea what happened - delighted it did though, as we were looking completely fucked up to that point. Callum Lindsay was, again, my top scorer and him and George Gamble got 13 of my 30 league goals between them which is nice. Defence remains garbage, but not as hilariously dreadful as last season, but I could really use some new centre halves coming through soon. Still, we stayed up, that's all that matters - and I didn't have to sneak by on penalties. Next season I would assume will be more of the same, how exciting! Stirling managed to stay up by beating Kelty Hearts on penalties.

The Cups

kYpMjfR.png

Started the season with a great win against Montrose, with Conor Fraser playing brilliantly and getting two goals. Unfortunately, he only managed 2 more for the rest of the season, and we were completely outplayed in the 3 other games. Oh well.

8ZTA2pB.png

I hate the Challenge Cup. We just get embarrassed by some children every season, for absolutely no fucking reason.

qOgOfwM.png

Needed a second half come back and rode our luck completely, but managed to get though. We then faced Falkirk, got pumped but I suppose we were able to coin in on the blue pound, so that's something at least.

Youth Intake

KpklBtw.png

Nothing ready made for the first team, but a couple that might come in handy in the future I suppose.

Kevin McLeod: I know he's not very good, BUT my current goalkeeper is absolutely hopeless as well, and his personality is "fairly professional" which I think is helpful in terms of development, so might turn out ok. We shall see, but I've got nothing to lose so I'll throw him in to the first team immediately.

Callum Laidlaw: An attacking midfielder, looks fairly technically proficient despite some glaring holes in his game, so hopefully he'll prove useful and develop well. He can also cover quite a few positions, albeit poorly, so that's helpful.

Aaron Campbell: He's brave as f**k, and really good at jumping. I need centre halves, he's no better than what I have, but he might be at some point so we'll see what happens. 

Other News

rjFIMCS.png

Managed to get the board to agree to this right at the end of the season, which is great. Hasn't helped at all for this season, but should do in the future. Always good to get in with these requests just after securing safety...

Wick Academy: Season 2026/17

0O9BKU4.png

League Campaign

8IkNppR.png

Would you believe it's the same two teams stinking out the division again? We've stayed up, could and should have done so more comfortably, but we have developed a nasty habit of losing/drawing games from strong positions - this nonsense against Stranraer being the absolute low point. I mean, I suppose in a sense it's a good sign that I'm actually getting into strong positions whereas previously I would just get comfortably beaten, but it's incredibly frustrating. A couple of players made good progress, notably Kevin McLeod in goals and Jimmy Bradley at left wing - and for the first time in a while, someone other than Callum Lindsay was top scorer - Jon Anderson from right wing managed this time, with Lindsay in second. Our defence remains a shambles - we've conceded the most goals in the league for 4 season running now. I'd quite like to work out some way to sort that out, but not being able to sign anyone, I'm kind of just waiting to see if a centre back turns up. Stirling managed to stay up, and for the third season running it was Kelty that lost in the playoff. Forfar are coming down from League One. Another season dicking around at the bottom of the league coming up, unless there's some kind of miracle. One big bonus for us, I guess, is that our average league attendance is up to 304, where it's been hanging around the low 200's for a few seasons now. Not huge, but everything helps. Starting to really enjoy this save, despite the fact we're consistently dreadful - not having to worry about scouting or transfers lets me get through seasons pretty quickly which is always good.

The Cups

OFm79Xa.png

Season opener against Montrose again, we won the shootout and then lost against the rest, as per usual. We weren't all that far from getting a draw against Aberdeen, which would have been some result (and frankly an absolute embarrassment for Aberdeen), but it wasn't to be.

bNEXZXU.png

Needed a late fightback against Killie youths, and were then beaten comfortably by a mid table League One side in Cove Rangers. No surprises here.

6deD2Mr.png

Beat Formartine for a second season running, before losing to Brechin. Was really hoping for a bigger draw than that, as this is the best chance for me to make some money, but these things happen.

Youth Intake

proJQ0S.png

Better that last season, but not quite what I'd hoped for. Still nothing at centre back, which is hugely frustrating, but the rest of my squad is coming together pretty well. Anyway:

Jack Marr: Best prospect of the intake, need to make sure that he can play as a centre midfielder but should be useful. Have to say I really like the look of him, and would think he'll develop into one of my best players, assuming no major issues. Passing, technique and dribbling all look decent for a midfielder, and his mental stats are solid - plus he's apparently fairly professional, which is helpful in player development so we'll see how this goes. Will be sticking him in plenty of games next season.

Greig Millar: One of two good left midfielders/wingers I had come through this year, and he looks the better of the two. While none of his stats are particularly great, none of the main ones he needs for his position stand out as terrible, so if he can develop then I'll have a good player. My current left winger is pretty good though, but I'll try and get him some game time.

River Handley: Looks and alright prospect, again at left midfield, despite the fact his actual name is River. He's quick and can cross, but not much else. I'll try and loan him out, as there's no chance he'll get a game next season.

Wick Academy: Season 2027/28

0O9BKU4.png

League Campaign

JUD4S2k.png

Our best ever league finish (although we got more points in our first campaign) but 7th is great by our standards. We never really looked like finishing bottom, and were actually in 7th place from the 14th game right through to the end of the season. Never looked like troubling the playoffs, but I'm still really pleased with how this went. Still got the worst defence in the league, but this season we managed to score enough goals to counter it - and we also had 3 absolutely shite teams below us. Peterhead had about 3 points until December, and Berwick appear to have only won 3 games after New Years to slide well down the table. Lindsay was again top scorer, and Ian Adeyemi had a great season in centre midfield. I think this should give us a good foundation to hopefully push on next season and see if we can trouble the playoffs, but I'm not sure - I'd happily accept staying clear from relegation trouble again. We really, really need a good cup run and a tie against a big team in the next few season's as we're not making any money to make improvements to the club. Berwick beat Civil Service Strollers 6-1 to stay up, and Dumbarton are coming down from League One.

I also sent out about 40 players on loan in the hopes that some of them might come back next season useful, but no idea how that'll go. 

The Cups

0Qgd8qt.png

We started ok against Forfar and Dundee, and the got completely embarrassed by Arbroath and United. Oh well, moving on.

LLMeP1F.png

Knocked out by Celtic youths, but I thought this was a pretty good effort. They had half the Scotland under 21's and 19's playing, as well as a guy with 28 caps for Finland - which seems like overkill against our mob.

pqRRmjx.png

Really, really frustrating. Knocked out by a team in our league and a shite crowd and no money made. Hopefully better luck next year. I'd also like it on record that, entirely due to this save, I absolutely fucking hate Montrose. Played them 29 times now, and I've beaten them once. f**k Montrose.

Youth Intake

rI3L12o.png

Nothing special, but a couple of decent enough looking prospects in some positions I need filling. Anyway:

Les Flett: We have a real lack of centre backs who are even close to the required standard, and he's nowhere near there yet either, but plenty of potential. Main flaw is his positioning, which I can hopefully work on and I'll probably punt him out on loan (if possible) to see how he improves next season.

Chris Knight: Looks a pretty decent player, the mental and physical side of his game need a fair bit of work, but he's the only one with a chance of getting a game next season. Professional personality should help him improve quickly too, and hopefully reach his potential. 

Jim Cunningham: His stats look ok, and he looks pretty decent in the air, which is something I don't really have at the minute so could be useful. Again, I'll try sending him out on loan to see how he improves.

Other News

2gqTRb2.png

Got our first call up at any level - doesn't really matter but I always enjoy this as a milestone. 

Wick Academy: Season 2028/29

0O9BKU4.png

League Campaign

MP2no4A.png

Into the playoffs! Second season running that we've had our highest ever finish, but this also included our highest points total, second highest goals scored, least goals conceded and most games won in a season. We also, for the first time in 6 about seasons, didn't have the worst defence in the league - a goal difference of minus 3 is incredible when I'm used to well into double figures in negative. The league was pretty tight for the most part - Annan were by far the best team in the league, and Albion and Peterhead were quite a bit worse than the other teams, but the rest were pretty close. We managed to beat Berwick and Montrose to sneak into the playoffs at the last minute - in part because Forfar absolutely fucked it on the final day of the season losing to (already confirmed bottom) Albion. Callum Lindsay was, once again, a brilliant player for me - 14 league goals (22 overall) and 7 assists. The only real negative is that Scott Faulds, who is one of 2 players I've still got since the start of the save and has been a very solid and reliable right back, is absolutely done and I'll need to replace him for next season. There was a while that he was my only player who was even remotely near being good enough for League Two, so I have a bit of an attachment to him and I shall miss him. He leaves having made 308 league appearances for me, a usually reliable source of a couple of assists a season and a habit of scoring occasional screamers.

Anyway, we came fourth and, for the first time, head into the promotion playoffs and face the 9th place team from League One - Stranraer. Here we go...

Spoiler

MhaL2I6.png

Well, the first leg went pretty poorly. We held out pretty well for the first half, and hit the post before young midfielder Chris Knight got his leg broken. Really annoyingly, he managed to do it himself while tackling someone. We then, pretty quickly, fell behind - we never defended a cross in properly and gave them a simple header at the back post. So, 1-0 at half time. We spent he first 36 minutes of the second half doing nothing and then got a corner, which Adeyemi put to the front post and Jimmy Bradley headed in to level up. We then fucked it - two hugely frustrating goals conceded, almost identical to the first goal where we didn't defend a cross, and Gunn had a hattrick. Given ourselves a bit of a mountain to climb in the second leg. 

Spoiler

MMRw7No.png

Ah shite. Oh well, an early goal conceded kind of finished the tie off. A free kick came in, they (AGAIN) got to the ball first and headed in on goal, McLeod saved but the ball fell to their player and he tapped in from about a yard out. We never looked like getting back into it, and they missed a penalty as well - which kind of shows you how far from winning the tie we were. To be honest, I'm kind of relieved that we never got promoted as we're nowhere near ready to be promoted and I think we would have had a Brechin 17/18 on our hands...

The Cups

RRfJ44E.png

Beat the teams in my league pretty comfortably, pumped by the Premiership and Championship sides. Pleased with it all, and got a good payday from Aberdeen so that's something. Best we've done in the group stages thus far.

mx06Hcs.png

Good run in the Challenge Cup, think we ended up making about 60 grand off the Dunfermline game - which was very handy. United Reserved was straightforward, we needed penalties to get past Formartine and then faced Welsh mob Bala. Not to take the shine off our biggest win of the save, but they were a complete fucking gang. We were 2 up within 7 minutes, 4 up at half time and completely coasted through the second half. We took the lead against Dunfermline but once they equalised, we never created another chance and didn't deserve to win.

aWY1STS.png

That first leg was the first time, both in this save and in a couple of different FM games, that I've been genuinely completely and utterly fucking seething at this game. 16 to go, we've just gone 2-0 up against 10 men and from there, we immediately conceded and then went on to concede an 89th minute equaliser from not defending a freekick properly. Absolutely furious, and had to put the game away for a while. We then lost the fucking replay missing a number of clear cut chances. Such a lot of shite.

Youth Intake

NX2H4pc.png

We're getting less and less players coming through who are ready for the first team, but I think at least part of that is that my team is better now, so absolute shite can't just waltz in and be good enough. A couple of centre half prospects which is brilliant though.

Roberto di Donato: A product of Wick's presumably thriving Italian community, he looks pretty decent potentially. He can also vaguely pass and control a football, which sets him apart from my current centre backs. Hopefully he can improve and step into my first team over the next few seasons.

Gavin Samuel: Another pretty decent looking centre back, and could go on to be a good option. Not as good technically as di Donato, but better defensively and we shall see how they go - but years of having absolute dross at centre half has made me pretty hopeful with these two.

John MacIntosh: Could be a good player, very good physical stats, good work rate and teamwork and doesn't look dreadful technically. Will loan him out and see what happens.

Wick Academy: Season 2029/30

0O9BKU4.png

League Campaign

XK6g77u.png

And we've finished 4th place again, and head into the playoffs. We were completely hamstrung by our start to the season - we lost 6 of our first 8 games, and then only lost another 5 for the rest of the season, all against the 3 teams that finished above us. Once again though our defence proved to be the problem. Second highest scorer in the league, but also the third most goals conceded. Still, first time ever that we've finished the season with a positive goal difference. We were comfortable in the playoff position this year, which makes a nice difference from last season, and we should have finished 3rd but completely blew it in the last few weeks of the season. In a completely unsurprising turn of events, Callum Lindsay was top scorer with 17 in the league, while Jimmy Bradley got 13 from left wing which was very handy. Adeyemi was player of the season for me (and he's now a club icon apparently), and Gavin Samuel made huge improvements in his game which was great to see. Ken Fridge replaced Scott Faulds at right back and had a... mixed season shall we say. He was ok for the most part but well out his depth occasionally.

Anyway, onto the playoffs. We faced last season's champions Annan, who finished 12 points behind 8th place and have won twice since the start of January...

Spoiler

tMp7Zln.png

A great first leg result. We took the lead from the spot when Jim Cunningham was brought down attacking a free kick delivery, and Callum Lindsay (who else) converted to put us in front. We then struggled to get into any rhythm and, despite it absolutely not being my instructions, seemed to be happy to just break up play and hold on to the 1-0 lead. Then, in the 82nd minute, we got the kick up the arse we needed as a ball chipped into our box found Craig Wighton who found the net - only for the flag to go up. As I said, that woke us up and we managed to get a second within 2 minutes - a long punt over the defence finding Lindsay again who rounded the keeper and scored. We made it 3 in injury time, A free kick delivered deep, headed across the face of goal by Ryan Ross and Conor Fraser, my second choice striker who's managed 19 league goals in 120 odd appearances up to this point, got on the end to make it 3. The only downside came with the final kick of the ball, as they pulled one back - we let Wighton pick up the ball in midfield and just run at us without closing him down, so we've only ourselves to blame that he scored. Still, 3-1 is an excellent platform for the second leg...

Spoiler

64fh4bv.png

That was nervy as f**k, but we're into the final! Conor Fraser got the all important goal to put us in the lead, and if I'm honest, the keeper should have saved it. Straight at him but he managed to fumble it over the line. We then conceded a stupid penalty, Chris Jackson tripped Lynden Gooch for absolutely no reason at all, and Gooch managed to score the penalty. We killed the game completely in the second half, the extent of the highlights being a couple of Annan crosses into the box which the keeper dealt with easily. Things got a bit more difficult when they scored in injury time, a long ball forward catching us out and allowing them to finish well, but from the following kick of we managed to get the ball to the corner and keep it there for the rest of the game. Into the final we go, and we faced Forfar, who we've beaten twice and lost to twice (with an aggregate score of 5 each) in the regular season.

Spoiler

kTjuMDN.png

Well, that turned out pretty well considering how it looked with 25 minutes to go. 2-0 and down to ten men (and it was a clear red card) but we were able to fight back and make it two all - Wilson finished well after a good cut across the face of goal and Cunningham was able to head home to equalise. We didn't manage to create anything else but given the way it looked, I'm pretty pleased that we're going into the second leg with a chance at all. 2-0 (or more as it could have easily been) may have been insurmountable.

Spoiler

FJ7RmYS.png

WE'RE GOING UP! One of those games where everything just goes right, we had 3 shots on target by half time and were 3-0 up. Lindsay got us off to a great start, managing to beat the keeper in the air and head in from about 4 yards from a Fraser cross. He doubled the lead after 14 minutes with a great finish into the bottom corner before Jimmy Bradley got a third and we could start to relax. They pulled one back after an hour, and continued to push forward which allowed us to grab a 4th  and Lindsay's hattrick to seal the deal. 

I suppose all that means that...

NBy6UUA.png

I think that we'll almost certainly come straight back down, but a season in League One will do us no harm in terms of player development and finances.

The Cups

MjH2x4l.png

I have no idea what happened in this. Humiliated by East Fife, and then drew with Inverness, beat Ross County (which is the first time we've beaten a team from a higher division over 90 minutes) and beat local rivals Brora comfortably. It's undoubtedly the best we've ever done, and we would have gone through if we'd beaten East Fife. As it was, we finished second in our group, but were the 5th best second placed team and went out. Hugely frustrating.

LBllhM3.png

Outplayed by a pretty decent team from the league above. We entered in the second round due to coming 4th last season, which was good. Amusingly, Dundee reserves ended up winning the cup, beating Waterford in the final.

IRFq0MM.png

Managed to get by Forres - we defended dreadfully but they weren't any good and we scored 4 without realy getting out of first gear. We then got beat pretty convincingly by Montrose, which was a crap draw as we didn't make any money off it. Still desperately need a proper cup run.

Youth Intake

OCFI2Jn.png

A pretty abysmal intake to be honest, but there's a handful of guys who might prove to be useful at some point.

Cammy Turner: The best of the lot this year, a decent looking centre back - which I spent years waiting on and have now had a few come through in the last couple of seasons. We'll see how he turns out but I think I'll probably punt him on loan next season.

Ryan Gray: A right back. I need a right back. He's pretty shite, but might not be shite one day - we'll see how it goes.

Martyn Fitzpatrick: A striker, probably not going to turn out good enough but we shall see I suppose. Another one to be punted on loan. Got the makings of a decent poacher, but still a long way to go before he'll be useful going forward.

Other News

315afed.png

Wick Academy represented at a major* international tournament. A proud day. Ireland lost all 3 games without scoring, but still, Cunningham made a couple of appearances.

*Not actually major.

On 27/04/2020 at 19:36, oneteaminglasgow said:

I'm genuinely sorry. Best of luck though, the first 6 or 7 seasons are a slog...

In a remarkable quirk of fate, I got Dalbeattie Star.

Exact same team I got 5 years ago when this thread was started.

The majority of players on amateur contracts so frantically trying to sign them all up.

Just lost one of my two CBs to Arniston.

What a dreadful challenge this is.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Wick Academy: Season 2030/31

0O9BKU4.png

TransfersFacilitiesTrainingFirst Team SquadFinancesPlayer StatsAttendances

League Campaign

TYZRCHz.png

Well, we didn't go straight back down - which is something - but for the third season running, we heads into the playoffs. We won 4 of our first 7 games, then we didn't win again for 15 games, which was a really enjoyable period obviously. We picked up again near the end of the season, but the damage was done and we couldn't get out of relegation trouble. In really, really frustrating news, we were looking good, but Queens Park beat Ayr on the final day of the season to stay up. Callum Lindsay, again, top scorer - 9 league goals, and he's getting pretty close to 100 which would be lovely. The other very handy thing was that quite a few of my players, particularly Gavin Samuel and Cammy Turner in central defence, really improved and established themselves in the team, which should stand us in good stead. We head into the playoffs this season though, and it's Berwick Rangers in the first round - a side who finished 9 points ahead of us last season.

Spoiler

0xaGwP2.png

Made a complete fucking arse of that. Got off to a great start, scoring within 5 minutes from a header after a great ball in from a free kick. We then, for reasons unknown, sat back, invited pressure and let in 3 goals - all entirely preventable. We did manage to get a 2nd for ourselves as another free kick was headed straight at their keeper, who managed to fumble it into the net, which was helpful. We're still in with a  chance but we've made this much harder than we had to.

Spoiler

h3ksdqi.png

Well, our League One adventure was short lived and it's back down we go! Things started poorly, and we were 1 down pretty quickly, again an entirely preventable goal - a long range shot where no one bothered to close it down. Jimmy Bradley then single-handedly dragged us back into the game, firstly with a well placed finish from close range and then with a  great long range strike. It wasn't enough though, and we spent the rest of the game dominating without ever threatening. Penalties beckoned, and we fucked it so down we go.

The Cups

hz7Qxpi.png

Fucking East Fife again! We then lost to Hearts, but got a good payday out of it, before beating a second string St Johnstone side and beating Cove fairly comfortably. Second in the group again, but obviously nowhere near getting through to the second round.

zE3xmd2.png

Out to a reserve side straight away, as is tradition.

CkYQnjW.png

Needed a comeback against Stirling, but their goal came in the 8th minute and that was their only chance of the game - while we should have scored a couple more. We then lost against Premiership side Alloa, which was almost the reverse of the Stirling game where we scored our only chance and Alloa missed plenty. They scored their winner in the 92nd minute though, which was gutting.  Inexplicably, Alloa seem to be averaging almost 3000 fans...

Youth Intake

ocWejuY.png

Some alright prospects, but - as usual - nothing ready to make an immediate impact. Still, a couple of positions I needed to fill are there, so could be useful going forward.

Bobby Hudson: Looks like he could be a pretty decent striker in the future. He's quick, determined, has a bit of flair and his technical attributed aren't that bad. Finishing being pretty poor is a worry, but Callum Lindsay has been my top scorer for years and his finishing is pish too.

Ray Thompson: Needs to be retrained as a proper winger as I don't ever use right midfielders, but still. Reasonable technical ability, not much else but should be useful. Don't have much else in that position as my guys there haven't kicked on at all.

Cameron Boyle: Both my fullbacks are poor, so a left back with some potential is great. He's alright enough defensively, and he works hard - need to work on the rest quite a lot, but should turn out useful.

Jimmy Watt: Needs to be trained as a proper right back, but, as above, my current right back is poor. He's quick and that's about it, but might turn out better than what I have now.

Other News

o9i8lkV.png

Was extremely annoyed about this. Spent the whole transfer window rejecting offers from them for him and Cammy Turner, and then they came in on deadline day and the board said yes. He was one of about 2 players I had with Championship potential, so I really wanted to keep him. Highest transfer fee received by the club though.

2i0gOpw.png

On the other hand. this was nice and not something I've ever seen happen before.

Had a little skim through the start of the thread and this looks a right slog, which is exactly why I want to do a save 😂

@RandomGuy. A quick question on the part about managing a previously unplayable side, if I was to manage in England, do I set the lowest playable league as League 2 (meaning I take over whoever comes up from National League) or set lowest playable league as the lowest it can go (National League North/South)?

Edited by C. Muir

4 hours ago, C. Muir said:

@RandomGuy. A quick question on the part about managing a previously unplayable side, if I was to manage in England, do I set the lowest playable league as League 2 (meaning I take over whoever comes up from National League) or set lowest playable league as the lowest it can go (National League North/South)?

Sure it was a case of the lowest possible league. So the lowest you can possibly go in game.

Should probably add folk can use greyed out players in season one to the OP tbh.

Meet my coaching team. Particularly pleased with Kevin McNaughton as assistant and looking forward to see how Iain Davidson does in his new job after retirement.

image.thumb.png.497805f3290d76b5bbb1f72f159ed25f.png

Edited by C. Muir

Lost a couple of players on non contracts to other clubs already :lol: None of them will entertain negotiations on a new deal until they have other teams bidding for their services. That's 2 or 3 chosen to move on.

2 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Lost a couple of players on non contracts to other clubs already :lol: None of them will entertain negotiations on a new deal until they have other teams bidding for their services. That's 2 or 3 chosen to move on.

The first season is an absolute nightmare, worst thing going.

Then the second season comes along.

And so it goes, a never ending river of shite and disappointment. 

f**k knows how @oneteaminglasgow has survived as long as he has.

Edited by RandomGuy.