The Youth Academy Challenge

RandomGuy.

Last min equaliser for Clyde in my first league game has brought me crashing back to earth.

Squad of 17 stretched already!

Aye. You usually have to use the greyed out players in the first season. Hardest bit is juggling when to introduce the youngsters who'll come through, and how often to play them.

Aye. You usually have to use the greyed out players in the first season. Hardest bit is juggling when to introduce the youngsters who'll come through, and how often to play them.

Not used 1 yet but see it coming.

My French superstar has just bagged a brace though :wub:

After an excellent start I got fucking horsed 4-1 at home to Queen's Park in my final game of the night.

I genuinely think my first XI could challenge for the promotion playoff, unfortunately it's dire after that and I'm getting plenty of injuries - still not played a grey yet but that involved playing 40 year old centre half Craig Tully on the left of midfield.

It didn't work out....

post-32505-0-48482700-1458122271.jpg

Netherdale Stadium

post-32505-0-24891600-1458122594_thumb.j

Netherdale has 1 stand with a seating capacity of 450. The total capacity of the stadium is listed as 4,000 everywhere but FM 2016 – where I am restricted to an overall capacity of 3,000 for some reason...

The stand is a marvel of architecture comprising a cantilevered concrete structure and is a Category A Listed building

post-32505-0-95905900-1458123283_thumb.j

The clubs nickname is "The Braw Boys" - which I fucking love and their most famous son is John Collins who started his career at the club prior to signing as a full time professional with Hibernian.

The club have reached the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup on 3 occasions and this remains their greatest achievement in the professional game - until now of course where they have won promotion to League 2 and appointed the bold Dee Fiant as their gaffer!

Was inspired to do this by Deefiant and it is just as difficult as I remember. 

Started with Brora who only had a fantastic 12 players in the squad, so the use of greyed out players only took about 5 games. Didnt have an assistant for a while either so had to just guess my best lineup.

14mtb46.jpg

They had already signed 2 players before I joined and last time i just released them but this year I've kept them as it would mean going to 10 players in the squad.

208tjpv.jpg

Target is to avoid a relegation battle, so that means 9th which I will happily take.

I've been struggling to get into a save on FM16 so I've decided to give this a go. I've decided on the Icelandic league due to the relative success of their national team in real life. Promoted side were 'IR' based in Reykjavik.

Bizarrely, they have a huge squad of player but outside a decent 8-9 they are mostly useless and only 1 goalkeeper. Hopefully I don't get many injuries.

Update and screens to come.

ETA They were promoted to the first division (2nd tier).

Edited by Internet Citizen

I've been struggling to get into a save on FM16 so I've decided to give this a go. I've decided on the Icelandic league due to the relative success of their national team in real life. Promoted side were 'IR' based in Reykjavik.

Bizarrely, they have a huge squad of player but outside a decent 8-9 they are mostly useless and only 1 goalkeeper. Hopefully I don't get many injuries.

YASSSS!

Well in lads.

Iceland is mental for a save, not relevant to this challenge but it's someone who does proper scoutings ideal league IMO. I had a team in CL group stages pretty much every year on FM14 and not one player of note was interested still by the end.

ETA Stevie Lennon scored 5 in one of the CL games :lol:

Edited by itzdrk

I've got Cove again :lol:

All of last years 'heroes' contracts were up, left with mostly absolute shit who are on non contracts so could easily be taken at any point, i can see me fielding a lot of greys 

Edited by itzdrk

I'm much the same, the downsides to being part time i suppose, think I can only offer my Key Players longer contracts than to the end of the current year.

First youth intake at first look looked amazing, but it turned out to be more of a, 'yours teams pish so these average youngsters should be quality' as they are all estimated to be good league 1 players other than Cameron, Hoban and Calder who have all gone on to become key players by the start of the 3rd season. The lack of decent central midfielders coming through was a worry with having only 2 in the first team who actually had any ability.

2hwmzus.jpg

Anyway, plunged most of them into the deep end which probably wasn't a good idea for that season but it has helped improve them for the future. Managed to get into 9th though by October i thought we would actually go somewhere after a decent winning streak but it was just a false dawn. Papped out all 3 cups in the first round but wasn't too fussed about them anyway.

5zgxmf.jpg345k4m0.jpg

Managed to get all my players signed up for another year to try and consolidate and push up the table next season, whilst blooding a lot of the youth players for when some of the older players begin to retire.