The Youth Academy Challenge

RandomGuy.

7 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

What's the protocol if your chairman decides to enter into a partnership agreement with a bigger club?  If Kilmarnock send loan players can I play them?

image.thumb.png.1a7b986392121f62139b33288a736f18.png

Also here is who I will be facing this year

image.png.9ad653a64329d5ac54e9c1e7f355e717.png

That would be a fucking brilliant division IRL. Clyde, Partick Thistle, EK, QP and to an extent Dumbarton all in the same league for close fixtures. Good bevvy away days like Montrose and QOS and Edinburgh through in the capital (assuming their groundshare with Spartans is over and they're back at their own ground). Only Fife really putting a dampener on things but there is an excellent Indian Cuisine right at Cowdenbeaths ground 😂

Edited by C. Muir

Wick Academy: Season 2032/33

0O9BKU4.png

Transfers | Facilities | Training | First Team Squad | Finances | Player Stats | Attendances

League Campaign

3Czx62f.png

We were the best of 3 fucking dreadful teams. That's the only way I can sum up that season - 7 wins all season, and 4 of them were against Ayr or Edinburgh City... To be honest. it was probably only our record against City that kept us up as we didn't lose against them all season, while we only lost one out of four against Ayr.  There was a very noticeable gap between the top 5 and bottom 5, and we took some absolute hammerings - conceding 5 goals 3 times, and 4 goals another 4 times. Bizarrely, we didn't lose to Forfar all season, but we only took 1 point from all of our other games against the top 5. In a shock to absolutely no one, Callum Lindsay was top scorer - 15 league goals this season, while Jimmy Bradley pitched in with 10 so those two scored well over half my goals. Defensively, we struggled to say the least - over 2 goals conceded a game on average... Roberto Di Donato got booked in more games than not and picked up more yellow cards in a season than any other player in the division has managed since the save started - likewise as a team we picked up more cards than any other team has since the game started, just beating ourselves from the last time we were in the league. Still, we're staying in the division and that's as much as I could have hoped for at the start of the season. Cove and Stirling are coming up, so I can only hope that they'll be terrible next season, and Brechin are coming down. 

The Cups

zgV7JCM.png

We played against 10 men for 85 minutes against Hearts, so I was pretty annoyed to lose that one.  It was televised, and we got our biggest home crowd of the season by a country mile, which took the sting off it, but still. Ross County had a nightmare against us, and we scored 3 absolute screamers as well. We then lost narrowly to both Cowdenbeath and Raith, and finished bottom of the group.

SjrsYlX.png

The Peterhead and Dundee reserves games were pretty much carbon copies of each other, we did nothing, soaked up pressure and then scored with about 15 minutes to go. The Clyde game was the same, but we had conceded after 2 minutes in that one and lost 8-7 on penalties. Oh well.

5VQptKT.png

That Morton game was something else. They beat us 2-1, 3-1, 3-0 and 4-0 in the league but every time we ventured up the park in this one the ball went in. Everything just clicked, and our reward was a trip to Ibrox. We were pumped, as expected, and they had guys with loads of caps for teams like Colombia, Japan and Croatia so we did ok to keep it down to 5. We made about 300 grand out it though, so I don't care what the score was. 

Youth Intake

X9G6HP3.png

Mostly complete crap, but with 2 pretty good players thrown in as well, which is good.

Darran Aim: He'll be my first choice keeper next season - he's currently worse than the keeper I have, but has potential to be much better than him and he's not that much worse that it's not worth throwing him in. I'm quite excited to see how he turns out - other than vision, none of the important attributes are particularly low already, so hopefully he can prove a reliable keeper for a while.

Keiron Young: Good at heading and, like Aim, there's no particularly glaring holes in his game, so I'm hopeful that he can turn into a good player. I do have 3 strikers ahead of him presently, and it's an area of the team I have some (on paper) decent options so he's unlikely to be troubling the first team next season. I do think he could be a very useful player though. 

Other News

k8c66Es.png

I asked the board about improving training facilities and youth facilities after the Rangers game, but this was the best I could get them to agree to. Every single player in my youth intake were born in Wick, apart from Keiron Young (born in Scarborough) so not sure what this actually means - unless it is just that we'll be getting someone from a random English shitehole thrown in with the local no-hopers every season...

Wick Academy: Season 2033/34

0O9BKU4.png

Transfers | Facilities | Training | First Team Squad | Finances | Player Stats | Attendances

League Campaign

mmBvO5L.png

A very similar story to last season - the best of 3 terrible teams. We only won one game against anyone other than Cove or East Fife (a 2-1 victory against Cowdenbeath with a last minute winner) and we didn't win a game until our 18th game of the season. Staying up is currently the only barometer by which I measure success or failure, so I'm happy enough with how the season ended up - even though it was unbelievably bleak for most of it. I promise that one day I'll shut up about Callum Lindsay, but he once again top scored for us and, in the process, became the all time top league scorer for the club with 142. He's also the record appearance holder, with 397 at the end of the season. Jimmy Bradley popped up with some really important goals and Gavin Samuel was a huge influence at centre back for us - and managed 7 goals and 2 assists somehow.  Second worst defence in the league, and we conceded 3 or more goals in 15 league games... which isn't very good. As I say though, we're still in the league for next season - it took us 8 seasons to finish higher than 8th in League Two so if we can beat that I'll be pleased.  Arbroath and Thistle are coming down, and Edinburgh City and Albion Rovers come up.

The Cups

0ntyjUh.png

Good results in the first two games, less good results after that. Keiron Young scored in his first 3 games for us, and then got signed by Killie, after refusing to enter contract negotiations. Still, played 3, scored 3 is a decent record for a 16 year old. 

ni8dkkG.png

Nothing to report on here. Just well beaten by a better side than us.

vXxv0iC.png

Same opponent as last season, and pretty much the same as the Challenge Cup game. This was in the middle of a 22 game run without winning, so was fully expecting this. 

Youth Intake

drOfusW.png

Pretty poor stuff, for the most part, again. That improved youth recruitment really paid dividends as we got players from as far away as Tain.

Kane McPhee: A decent looking attacking midfielder. Another one of those who has no obviously terrible attributes. His flair and long shots should be useful for a couple of screamers a season, which is nice and he can pass a bit, so should be useful.

Keiran PatonAllegedly has pretty good potential, but he looks garbage at the minute. Doesn't know where he's supposed to stand, doesn't pay attention, has no bottle and can't throw, communicate or control a football. Still, I'll punt him on loan and see what happens - if my assistant is right, he'll turn out ok.

Daniel Golabek: My assistant think he has f**k all potential, but I quite like the look of him. Good at crossing, decent technique, good movement and no glaring deficiencies - unless I'm missing something obvious. I'll need to retrain him as a winger, but I like the look of him.

Other News

5zuvROd.png

As I mentioned before, Keiron Young was signed up by Killie at the start of the season, and on the final day of January, Darran Aim was signed by Falkirk - meaning I lost both players who looked even vaguely useful from last season's intake within 8 months. Last time Falkirk signed my promising young keeper, they released him 6 months later having made 0 appearances and he went to Annan. I'll be furious if they've done the same thing again. 

Picked this back up, my team is officially pish.   League One is a step too far for this team

15 games, 0 wins, 7 draws, 8 defeats.  At least I have more points than Brechin got

Edit: game 16, oh f**k off Football Manager

image.png.7bc23569af1da47d035121ac57192417.png

Edited by senorsoupe

East Kilbride Season 2021-22

East_Kilbride_F.C._crest.png

That's not gone well.

Despite winning two whole games, I still went down with a whimper.  Fortunately I haven't been sacked, yet but my contract is up at the end of the season.  I was told by my board to fight bravely against relegation which, thanks to Cowdenbeath being almost as inept as us I have sort of accomplished.  

image.png.441d147b4115741604c75729de6363b1.png

I actually thought I had a chance of at least avoiding finishing bottom with a half dozen games to go.  A visit to Cowdenbeath saw me lose the game late which was a killer and the following game I blew a 2 goal lead against Queen of the South to lose 3-2.  I lost a metric fuckton of points late on in games which was ultimately the killer. 

Weirdly I did quite well in the cups, I won twice as many games in the Betfred cup group stages as I did in the league lol!
image.thumb.png.ae8f7cf28b0feb7bf331b02840e98625.png

My youth Intake looked decent once again, but that may be because my current squad is pretty lousy.

1062504391_EastKilbrideyouthIntake2020-21.thumb.PNG.e836e760309b6a0045ae97df7a462041.PNG

Here are my squad stats, Kenny McInally is getting released as my board have told me to slash wages so I'll be going with Connor  Smith as my number one goalie next year if I am still at East Kilbride

image.thumb.png.4187186f608b270955d4aa273994e3d4.png

For those interested here are the leagues, fortunately I got my contract extended so I will be continuing.

image.png.aa5e3109795888908afdbd96d3be6501.png

St. Johnstone beat Inverness in the playoff final

Morton lost to Queen of the South in the playoffs

image.png.c31ec689cf3e623c72672fdfd7be4f15.png

Cowdenbeath lost to Stenhousemuir in the playoffs

image.png.29d067ce284f73e5999e21c46e1b9df1.png

Annan beat Gretna 2008 to stay up

image.png.bed2f88714d193a5df9daa948ebc0b91.png