Bundesliga 2023/24

2 minutes ago, A_Veitch said:

Frankfurt have placed their former coach Adi Hütter under even more pressure after beating Gladbach.

Hütter will be the next coach to get the sack at this rate, unless Fürth chuck Leitl which I highly doubt since it’s an achievement for Fürth to be in Bundesliga anyways. I had the Dortmund-Fürth game on the background of County-Celtic and tbh Fürth didn’t do too badly, other than a Haaland pen they pretty much contained Dortmund right until the last minute. 

Florian Kohfeldt is in a tough situation with Wolfsburg too. Wolfsburg took a chance on him after leaving Werder Bremen in a shambles, and they’ve well and truly fucked it. Seven games without a win and they play Bayern next before the break. Could see themselves in a relegation scrap. The football Wolfsburg are playing is atrocious. Nearly sent me to sleep against Stuttgart and couldn’t handle with Köln’s attack at all this midweek, if Modeste didn’t miss two sitters it’d have been 5-2

On 06/12/2021 at 11:47, German Jag said:

A 1-0 win for H96 against Hamburg in the Nordderby yesterday. Looked to be the start of a long afternoon after Hamburg went one up after 12 minutes. Goal was rescinded by VAR with H96 duly going up the park, after a potential penalty for Hamburg, and knocking in the winner. Thereafter a bit backs to the wall, but even then Martin Hansen in goal who put in a Černy-esque performance didn‘t have too much to do. Capacity in Hannover currently reduced to 50%, so a sell-out 22.500 in attendance. Half of which were Hamburg fans.

Result gives Hannover a couple of points breathing space above the relegation play-off spot. Hamburg will be rueing their chance to get into the top 3.

Next up would have been an away day in Ingolstadt, but games in Bavaria currently behind closed doors.

Next home game is against Bremen. Not sure what‘ll happen as regards tickets. Already have one, but with the impending 15000 limit coming in, it‘s more than likely that more than that will have already been sold. 

2323550B-E8C9-4ACB-8320-6666923DA928.jpeg

802FBF50-0578-40F3-87A8-E913690486D0.jpeg

Not been able to watch 2. Bundesliga much this year due to BT losing the rights. Where do you think Hannover will finish this season? Kind of in-between promotion race and relegation battle at the moment, but with how inconsistent the top teams are it wouldn’t take much to get into the promotion race.

i think you’ll lose on the weekend to Werder though. They’ve already seen big improvements under Ole Werner, very good appointment imo

On 13/12/2021 at 22:21, German Jag said:

Further restriction on crowd numbers. Last home game was 50% => 22.500. Now dependant on the Warning-Level in Lower Saxony is either 5.000 or 10.000. Since there's no guarantee as to what level will be in place come Saturday, then H96 cancelled the 10.000 tickets which had been sold for the game on Saturday against Werder Bremen. Means a mad rush to get one of the 5.000 tickets tomorrow. Have already had to cancel a video-conference.

Its fucking brutal to watch man. The only game with a decent crowd since the weekend just there that I watched in Germany was Köln-Augsburg, but it still managed to be up there with one of the worst games I’ve seen this season

On 16/12/2021 at 01:15, candycelt said:

Hütter will be the next coach to get the sack at this rate, unless Fürth chuck Leitl which I highly doubt since it’s an achievement for Fürth to be in Bundesliga anyways. I had the Dortmund-Fürth game on the background of County-Celtic and tbh Fürth didn’t do too badly, other than a Haaland pen they pretty much contained Dortmund right until the last minute. 

Florian Kohfeldt is in a tough situation with Wolfsburg too. Wolfsburg took a chance on him after leaving Werder Bremen in a shambles, and they’ve well and truly fucked it. Seven games without a win and they play Bayern next before the break. Could see themselves in a relegation scrap. The football Wolfsburg are playing is atrocious. Nearly sent me to sleep against Stuttgart and couldn’t handle with Köln’s attack at all this midweek, if Modeste didn’t miss two sitters it’d have been 5-2

Kohfeldt was considered a joke of an appointment, right from the start. He got lucky by winning his 1st two games, but 4th spot in their CL group plus an ever more precarious drop down the BL will set some alarm bells ringing with the senior folks at Wolfsburg. Their 1st game after the winter break is away to Bochum. Mönchengladbach are also on a horrendous run of form.

On 16/12/2021 at 01:21, candycelt said:

Its fucking brutal to watch man. The only game with a decent crowd since the weekend just there that I watched in Germany was Köln-Augsburg, but it still managed to be up there with one of the worst games I’ve seen this season

Over the weekend, 15.000 would have been the highest attendance across the top 2 leagues. From a percentage capacity point of view then the 8.700 in Kiel would have been the largest.

In some places it's been 750 fans, which I can't see the point in allowing.

1st set of return round fixtures in the top 2 leagues last weekend. H96's brief winning 'sequence' following Christoph Dabrowski's appointment came to an abrupt end with a 4-1 defeat at home to Werder Bremen. Bremen well worth the 3 points, although 4-1 wasn't fully representative.

Result leaves H96 3 points in front of the relegation play-off spot.

Winter break in the BL2 through to the 14th January, when H96 are away to Hansa Rostock on the Friday night.

Thereafter is DFB-Pokal, with H96 hosting Borussia Mönchengladbach.

5.000 fans in attendance, which in a 49.000 capacity stadium is a fairly shite experience.

A Lockdown "Light" is likely to be announced tomorrow for Germany, so presumably closed-door games for the 1st 2 months in 2022.

Ich wünsche allen einen frohe Weihnachten und einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr.

HB1.jpg

HB2.jpg

HB4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It is strange, been following Augsburg for years now and I've never known them to spend money like that. Especially on what is a bit of an unknown quantity. 

However the signing policy over the past couple of years has been all about getting in young talented players like Udoukai, Wintter, Dorsch, Maier and now Pepi. 

It's pretty exciting times at the WWK I think, hopefully back to challenging for Europe again next season. 

11 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Watched Gladbach best Bayern 2-1 in the Allianz Arena last night. Brilliant game with loads of chances. A pity no fans there to see it though.

Another thing, Sky's coverage of the German football is awful. To say its 'half-arsed' is an understatement.

They don't even have half the games on that BT did. It's been a really bad thing them getting coverage.

1 minute ago, David W said:

They don't even have half the games on that BT did. It's been a really bad thing them getting coverage.

Ive probably mentioned this on this thread before but I used to really enjoy the Friday night German football on BT.

Sky's efforts have been lame at best and hardly ever have the Friday night games on live, presumably as they don't want to put it up against their English Championship coverage. The only reason that game was shown live last night was because of the FA Cup this weekend. Makes you wonder why they bought the German football in the first place.

It moving to Sky has been a poor move for the punters.

9 hours ago, Steven W said:

Ive probably mentioned this on this thread before but I used to really enjoy the Friday night German football on BT.

Sky's efforts have been lame at best and hardly ever have the Friday night games on live, presumably as they don't want to put it up against their English Championship coverage. The only reason that game was shown live last night was because of the FA Cup this weekend. Makes you wonder why they bought the German football in the first place.

It moving to Sky has been a poor move for the punters.

I think they had it live because it was Bayern. They tend to only show them and Dortmund on a weekly basis. It's almost like their coverage of another league.