Bundesliga 2023/24

10 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

If you ever get the chance to go, definitely go

We were just talking about going back to Berlin after visiting for the first time in 2019. I got curious then about the plucky wee team in the east who had just been promoted and have been looking out for their results since. Will definitely look to schedule our next trip to take in a game.

3 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

We were just talking about going back to Berlin after visiting for the first time in 2019. I got curious then about the plucky wee team in the east who had just been promoted and have been looking out for their results since. Will definitely look to schedule our next trip to take in a game.

It's a real shame their proposed stadium extension appears to be permanently on-hold. A modern, two-tiered, mostly standing stadium would look (and sound) amazing.

Probably still be next to impossible for any non-member to get a ticket mind.

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's a real shame their proposed stadium extension appears to be permanently on-hold. A modern, two-tiered, mostly standing stadium would look (and sound) amazing.

Aye getting a ticket is another matter. We'd be looking to go in summer so maybe a preseason game against some diddy.

I love the look & sound of the old stadium. The atmosphere at German games usually sounds good on TV but this season Union has been absolutely bouncing.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Tickets are like hen's teeth.

Even being a member doesn't guarantee one.

Depending on the fixture, maybe a better chance of a ticket in the away end, but even that would require an account for the guest team.

A 1-0 win for H96 last Sunday at home to Karlsruhe. Have seen better games, but a win's a win.

Friday night away to top of the league Darmstadt, just under 1.000 in the away end.

Was never going to be easy, but H96 down to 10 men in the 30th minute after Phil Neumann received a red card for handball / denying a goal opportunity in the penalty box. Ron-Robert Zieler duly saved the resulting penalty.

Darmstadt got their winner with 30 minutes to go, thereafter a bit of huffing & puffing from H96, but never realy looked like getting an equaliser.

Two (must win) games to go before the shutdown for the World Cup / winter break.

First up home to Düsseldorf on Tuesday, followed by a trip to Kiel on Friday.

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4099.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

IMG_4113.JPG

IMG_4102.jpg

Sky thankfully seem to be showing the Friday night games with a bit more regularity. I've grown used to the commentator now and actually think he's really good. Having a German ex-pro alongside him (last night Steffen Freund) is no bad thing either.

Anyway, glad they showed last nights match (Gladbach 4-2 Dortmund) as it was a cracker. Maybe hyperbole, but I think the first half may have been the best half of football I've seen. Great entertainment 

A 1-1 draw in Kiel to see out the 1st round of fixtures.

Missed out on getting a seated ticket, so ended up in the standing section which in a small stadium like Kiel's means in with the Ultras and it's like watching through a kaleidoscope made out of flags.

BL2 now onto an extended break for the WC / winter, and resumes on the last weekend in January.

Kiel.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2023 at 18:09, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Mate is planning to have his stag do in Hamburg and was hoping to go to a St Pauli game. Anyone know how easy it is to get tickets?

Very difficult. Unless you know someone involved with a fan club, viagogo or similar will be your only option. Even then the number tickets which come up on such sites is very small.

I‘ve been quite a few times, but always in the away end, tickets for which also always sell out immediately. 

17 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

Looking forward to Friday night and the restart of the Bundesliga, didn't realise how much I had missed it until the last few weeks as I can't be doing with the EPL. I'm sure there are games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Next week is an „englische Woche“ as the Germans call it, with a full set of games taking place over Tuesday & Wednesday. 

Edited by German Jag

7 hours ago, German Jag said:

Very difficult. Unless you know someone involved with a fan club, viagogo or similar will be your only option. Even then the number tickets which come up on such sites is very small.

I‘ve been quite a few times, but always in the away end, tickets for which also always sell out immediately. 

Next week is an „englische Woche“ as the Germans call it, with a full set of games taking place over Tuesday & Wednesday. 

Thanks for your response. I had a feeling that might be the case about ticket situation at St Pauli.

14 hours ago, Neilly said:

Any idea when the schedule will be out for April games and beyond?

Hoping to get over to a couple of games then.

Qatar WC / winter break this season have changed the usual time periods as to when updates regarding exact dates/times. Would reckon sometime ca. 10th February for the next one. 

Been some return for the Best League in the World. Really enjoyed Leipzig v Bayern on Friday. A 6-0, a 7-1 and a last minute winner yesterday and Dortmund v Augsburg just now is one of the best games I've seen for a long time