Bundesliga 2023/24

I'm planning to be in Berlin on the weekend of May 14-15th. I fly in at lunchtime on Saturday so both Union's final home game and the Bundesliga 2 card looks unrealistic unless they'll be getting moved.

Anything I should be looking out for from the Bundesliga 3 regional card on Sunday 15th?

Screenshot_2022-04-21-12-07-50-08_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.thumb.jpg.44be3e6bc765208ca7a10ef5abcf888b.jpg

I do plan on visiting Potsdam (and wouldn't mind travelling out of Berlin for a game on principle), but unless they're doing the stupid American version of a fixture list, Babelsberg are away from home that weekend. 

13 hours ago, virginton said:

I do plan on visiting Potsdam (and wouldn't mind travelling out of Berlin for a game on principle), but unless they're doing the stupid American version of a fixture list, Babelsberg are away from home that weekend. 

Of the games outside of Berlin on offer, my suggestion would be Cottbus against Chemie Leipzig. Don't think about Halberstadt it's a dump of a place.

Massive win for Augsburg which, touch wood, probably guarantees their safety. 

Hard to see either Stuttgart or Hertha overtaking them, never mind both. 

Reece Oxford was a colossus at the back today and has been overall excellent this season considering Udoukai has been out injured for most of the campaign. Wouldn't be surprised to see an EPL club come in for him this summer.

On 22/04/2022 at 08:28, virginton said:

Yeah, weird formatting has caused me to have a brainfart there.

Echo what GJ says about Cottbus v Leipzig probably being worth a trip, though the games between former DDR teams sometimes come with a fair few idiots in the crowd.

Just over 2.000 H96 fans at the Benteler Arena to see their team lose 3-0 to SC Paderborn. Off to a shite start being 1 down after 2 minutes and then 2 down after 17 via a goal from former H96 player Florent Muslija. A shite result was concluded when the home team got a 3rd in the 91st minute.

Still got masks on public transport here, but otherwise pre-Corona normality, with a well-filled standing section generating a good atmosphere despite what was happening on the pitch. Crinkle-cut chips with Mayonaise plus full-strength Warsteiner for refreshments.

First time at Paderborn and now been to an away game at all of the clubs currently in the top 2 divisions.

Next / last 3 games are Karlsruhe (H), SV Hamburg (A) then Ingolstadt (H). A point or two still required to ensure that Dresden don't sneak above and dump us in the relegation play-off spot.

IMG_2969_.jpg

IMG_2972_.jpg

IMG_2973.jpg

IMG_2979.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

2 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Karlsruhe stumbling to the end of the season. Lost a few in a row, after a pretty decent season.

Could actually finish 15th, albeit miles clear of the relegation playoff spot.

Was at the game on Friday night. Karlsruhe probably deserved a point.

A healthy turnout in the away end for a Friday night game which requires a 7½ - 8 hour round trip.

Don't mind a bit of Pyro but found Friday nights stuff a bit over the top.

Dresden dropping points yesterday means that H96 will be in BL2 next year with Dresden likely to play Kaiserslautern in the play-off.

Interesting to see where H96 and a lot of other clubs place their season ticket prices for next season. Absolutely no Corona restrictions in the stadium, but only 13.700 there on Friday, suggests that the club needs to do something to attract folk back.

IMG_3008.JPG

IMG_3014.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG

IMG_3023.JPG

IMG_3025.JPG

Bielefeld lose after an 89th minute O.G. 

Hertha can't be automatically relegated. Can avoid the playoff with a win over Mainz in Berlin tomorrow, but likely a point will be enough as Stuttgart are in Munich on Sunday.

Didn't think they'd be in this position because I honestly thought they'd go down after losing in Leverkusen and being cuffed in the derby. 

Edited by Boo Khaki

57.000 full-house at the Volksparkstadion in Hamburg for, potentially, their last home game of the season. Ca. 3.000 Hannoveraner packing out the away sections.

Normally the Ultras stick to the lower down standing sections, but this time they split themselves between both sections. As to be expected, after hiding below a couple of massive flags, ca. 15-20 emerged all balaclavad up just before kick off and set off a sh!t load of pyro.

As regards the football, despite the final result one of the more enjoyable games I've seen in a while. Proper end to end stuff with a really good atmosphere.

Currently Schalke are now promoted after turning a 0-2 at home to St. Pauli into a 3-2 win. Bremen need a point against Regensburg to secure the 2nd automatic promotion spot, leaving Hamburg & Darmstadt fighting for the play-off spot. (Likely to be against Stuttgart).

At the other end of the table, Ingolstadt (H96's final day opponents) and Aue are relegated. Dresden take on Kaiserslautern in the play-offs. Guaranteed to be 2 sell-out games. Eintracht Braunschweig achieved promotion from the 3rd courtesy of Kaiserlautern's defeat at Viktoria Köln, meaning the Lower Saxony derby is back next season.

GTZXE7238.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3048.JPG

IMG_3053.JPG

Objective achieved for Augsburg this season. 

Hopefully Augsburg can keep Uduokhai fit next season plus keep a hold of Dorsch, Oxford and Vargas. 

As well as the above if Pepi can live up to his hefty price tag next season after a pre-season under his belt, plus a few new additions, then I'm hopeful that Weinzierl can push Augsburg up the table. Although it will be difficult with some big clubs coming up from 2. Bundesliga.