Bundesliga 2023/24

Only caught the last ten minutes of tonight's game. Wish Id watched it all - great game and great atmosphere.

Fingers crossed this alludes to Derek McRae on commentary and in general better coverage of the Bundesliga on Sky this coming season 

36 minutes ago, German Jag said:

11 in a row on it's way.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Leverkusen & Dortmund draw in the late game tomorrow and for Leipzig to falter away to Stuttgart on Sunday.

What's the mood like among German football fans/media about this ridiculous procession of a setup year after year? You hear in the UK that everyone is happy to look past Bayern's dominance to aim at other targets, but it's hard to scrutinise whether that's just utter bullshit. 

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

What's the mood like among German football fans/media about this ridiculous procession of a setup year after year? You hear in the UK that everyone is happy to look past Bayern's dominance to aim at other targets, but it's hard to scrutinise whether that's just utter bullshit. 

The last couple of seasons, the media discussion as to how good/bad Bayern have been, is as to how they do in the Champions League.

Winning the BL now seems to be a given.

Bayern fans still do the OF style mewling after getting pumped out the CL, going on about budgets etc.

For teams like Leverkusen, Leipzig etc. its now about securing a CL spot, as opposed to winning the league.

Dortmund wont admit to this, but in reality it's the same for them.

Despite the increase in "echte" Bayern & Dortmund fans in recent times, getting one over your local / regional rivals is still the main priority for the majority of fans.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Hertha 😂

Really isn't a surprise. 

String of shitty results in pre-season made it pretty obvious they are in trouble. Dumped out of the Pokal last week, then thumped in the Derby on opening day.

Going to be a long, long season. Wonder how many bosses they'll get through this time?

H96 still looking for their 1st league win of the season following a fairly shambolic defensive display in Paderborn.

11.528 in attendance with just over 2.000 Hannoveraner in a well packed away end.

Defensive frailties on show right from the start with VAR coming to the rescue in the 3rd minute. H96 then scored the next 3 goals (unfortunately one being an og from Luka Kranjc). Still in the lead at half time, 2nd half the wheels came off the wagon with Paderborn running out relatively easy winners.

Next up a home game on Sunday against top of the table Regensburg.

IMG_3534.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg

IMG__3542.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another Sky Sports rant. 

I fucking hate their coverage of the Bundesliga, I don't want to watch the game on your fucking app. You have numerous fucking channels just put the game on one! I don't want to watch Norwich vs. Fucking Millwall! Fucking f**k off Sky!

I could even tolerate it if they put it on their YouTube channel at least, so I could watch it through my TV. 

15 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Another Sky Sports rant. 

I fucking hate their coverage of the Bundesliga, I don't want to watch the game on your fucking app. You have numerous fucking channels just put the game on one! I don't want to watch Norwich vs. Fucking Millwall! Fucking f**k off Sky!

I could even tolerate it if they put it on their YouTube channel at least, so I could watch it through my TV. 

Now to top things off, the game has kicked off and it's still not viewable on the fucking app!