Bundesliga 2023/24

Wild to think next seasons 2.Bundesliga could have both Schalke & Hamburg. I mentioned it earlier in the thread but there's a real danger Schalke end up like Kaiserslautern or 1860 München given how the clubs problems go beyond things on the pitch.

16 hours ago, German Jag said:

Away to H96 on Easter Sunday. Another Nord Derby, hopefully H96 can do the double over them after winning in Hamburg in December.

I really wish this was more of a derby and that Die Roten didn't have the sickening fanfreundschaften with Hamburg, hate that club. I play hockey with a guy from Bielefeld though and he seems like a good lad so I can tolerate the Arminia connection. 

A double over Hamburg to go with the one over Braunschweig, shame they lost to Osnabrück at the start of the season but still the Pride of Niedersachsen! 

15 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Absolutely hilarious how bad they've got.

FTFY

Frank Kramer has been given the Arminia Bielefeld job. Mostly worked at youth/reserve level with German clubs & the German national setup with stints in charge of Greuther Fürth & Fortuna Düsseldorf.

Schalke's last throw of the dice has seen Dimitrios Grammozis get an unenviable job. Last seen in charge of SV Darmstadt 98 which is his only previous first team managerial role.

Edited by GNU_Linux

Huge game for Mainz and Schalke currently at 0-0 tonight. Hoping for a Schalke win to keep Mainz right in the thick of it below Koeln. 
Schalke are rotten. Mainz had a few half chances towards the end of the first half but not sure they're good enough to take advantage of just how bad Schalke are.

Schalke are astonishingly bad. I know they got a point, but they were outplayed by second bottom side Mainz from the first minute to the last.

Paul Dempsey making the rather controversial comment that this Schalke side wouldn't survive in Bundesliga II. On that showing difficult to argue otherwise

Hertha breaking the monotony of the normal Hertha season of briefly flirting with top 7, only to slide down the table, flirt with relegation, before recovering to 12th, by just going straight to the flirt with relegation part. 👍

Good result today though.