Bundesliga 2023/24

Big uproar in Mönchengladbach after the Derby defeat to Köln. 
Marco Rose has been running a squad rotation all season which isn't overly popular with the fans as we seem to take care of Bayern, Leipzig, BVB but then struggle against your Freiburgs and Hoffenheims. 
Last night's game against Köln Marco Rose made 7 changes to the team that beat Stuttgart in thr DFB Pokal on Wednesday. Thuram, Plea, Hofmann, Elvedi and Bensebaini were all on the bench, 5 of our best players who in a  full strength XI, all of which would've started. In the starting XI v Köln, only Sommer, Lainer, Ginter, Nauhaus, Zakaria and Neuhaus would have started plus the 5 benched players. 
Bad enough when Gladbach are chasing a champions league spot to be throwing away points with stupid squad rotation gambles but to do it against your fiercest rivals, no matter how shite they are and no matter the fact they played 120mins on Wednesday away in Regensburg, it was no excuse and the fans are angry. A strong 1 paragraph statement from the fan project (who are aligned to Borussia) said "anyone who uses a squad rotation experiment in a Derby does not understand Borussia mönchengladbach". 
Unlike Bayern or closer to home BVB, Borussia don't have the depth in quality within the squad to rotate. We have a starting XI that could win the league, but we don't have the reinforcements for injury cover nevermind a rotation which is why we are not able to challenge
Marco Rose is also linked to the BVB job and is refusing to publicly accounce his commitment to Borussia mönchengladbach, again much to the annoyance of the fans. 
Marco Rose was held in very high regards by the Borussia faithful but with his recent lack of commitment and Saturdays disaster and lack of respect to the fans and club (with his starting XI in a Derby), the "Marco Rose Raus" is becoming a popular phrase. 
Holding out for the Celtic job IMO

On 16/02/2021 at 09:48, ahemps said:

Great for the league Bayern are resurrecting their policy of taking the best player from the 2nd best team in the league again.

It's always the same any time a team starts to pose a threat. They did the same with Dortmund, Stuttgart, Bremen and Leverkusen to name just a few. 

I'm not a huge fan of the whole red bull franchise stuff but thought it might at least present a sustained challenge to Bayern's dominance. Guess not. It's very boring and really kills any interest in the league.

4 minutes ago, bob_mcshug said:

It's always the same any time a team starts to pose a threat. They did the same with Dortmund, Stuttgart, Bremen and Leverkusen to name just a few. 

I'm not a huge fan of the whole red bull franchise stuff but thought it might at least present a sustained challenge to Bayern's dominance. Guess not. It's very boring and really kills any interest in the league.

I know it is Bayern's right to do this and a player shouldn't be deprived of going to a club like Bayern but this kind of thing is killing football for me and 1 reason I am actually in favour of a super league as if most domestic leagues are a foregone conclusion because it is dominated by 1-2 teams then what is the point?

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
21 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:
4-0 blootering at home for Schalke in the Revierderby.
Haaland's goal before half-time was decent.

I make that 99 senior goals by age 20. Cristiano Ronaldo only had thirty something and Messi around forty at that age.

How long before Bayern try and nab him...?

13 minutes ago, The German Fitbaw Podcast said:

Covered the derby between FC St Pauli and Hamburger SV on this week’s episode, previewing the game and covering the Celtic/Rangers friendships-

You might like this one@itzdrk emoji1022.png☠️

I'll get this on later tonight, hoping for some piping hot Guido Burgstaller chat. 

5 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Schalke have punted Christian Gross & his backroom staff after only two months. Arminia Bielefeld have gave Uwe Neuhaus the boot after just over two years in the job.

Those two teams are rank rotten - can't say I'm surprised.

Schalke have went from really bad to utterly horrific under Gross.

Big game on Friday for Schalke v Mainz. 

7 hours ago, Torpar said:

Two detestable sides but if it ultimately leads to another season in Bundesliga Zwei for Hamburg then fair play to the boys in brown.  

Tricky series of games over the next 4 game days for Hamburg.

Home to 2nd place Kiel in a Nord Derby

Away to current 1st place Bochum

Home to Heidenheim, then

Away to H96 on Easter Sunday. Another Nord Derby, hopefully H96 can do the double over them after winning in Hamburg in December.