Bundesliga 2023/24

3 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

This co-commentator has no idea how the offside rule works.

Spackman is an absolute idiot; if he didn't have a wikipedia page I'd assume he'd never had anything to do with football in his life.

5 minutes ago, David W said:

Spackman is an absolute idiot; if he didn't have a wikipedia page I'd assume he'd never had anything to do with football in his life.

I swear half the time I watch games from Europe on BT Sport there's some idiot (co-)commentator like him or Don Hutchison who doesn't understand the laws or VAR. They usually make a big thing about an incident that is fairly simple to explain, no doubt causing further confusion about VAR for normal viewers. The second goal today was simple - close offside, assistant keeps flag down until goal scored, VAR reviews it, not offside - goal.

I swear half the time I watch games from Europe on BT Sport there's some idiot (co-)commentator like him or Don Hutchison who doesn't understand the laws or VAR. They usually make a big thing about an incident that is fairly simple to explain, no doubt causing further confusion about VAR for normal viewers. The second goal today was simple - close offside, assistant keeps flag down until goal scored, VAR reviews it, not offside - goal.

I still don't understand why he was going on about Lewandowski at the halfway line. First of all I think he was onside, but he wasn't interfering with play, so even if he was offside it would've been irrelevant.

That's Borussia 4 points clear at the top! Excellent home performance against Werder days after a great win against As Roma. 

Marco Rose has been an excellent appointment but remember this name, Marcus Thuram. 12 million euros an absolute bargain for him. The Gladbach front 3 are ridiculously good. Plea, Thuram and Herrman / Stindl / Embolo. 

Could we win the Bundesliga? We need to start beating the likes of BVB and we still struggle. With the fixtures coming up I think Borussia are good to remain top at Christmas. 

Going to the Freiburg game in 3 weeks time and also going to the Mainz game at the end of January. Looking forward to it! 

One of the most outrageous things I've ever seen in a football match at the end of Freiburg - Frankfurt when the Frankfurt captain poleaxed Freiburg manager Christian Stretch sparking half the subs bench trying to lynch him. Stretch is a tough character but it was still shocking to see a 54 year old man flattened that way. Abraham got a red card but I hope he gets further sanctions, disgraceful behaviour, especially from someone who is captain of his team.

https://youtu.be/f85rgm5kvWs

Edited by bob_mcshug

A long trip down to Heidenheim, one of the most difficult to get to stadiums from northern Germany, to witness a piss poor performance from H96. On the back foot straight away as Heidenheim went 1 up after just 3 minutes. Lots of possession for H96 but little in the way of attempts on goal. 2nd half started just like the 1st and right after going 2-0 down, Marcel Franke contrived to get himself sent-off giving away a penalty at the same time. Thereafter it was all downhill with Heidenheim running out easy 4-0 winners.

10 years to the day since Robert Enke took his life, with discussion about depression being very much to the fore in German sports-journals the past week.
Result leaves H96 1 point above the play-off spot, and once a new manager is eventually found they’ll need to hit the ground running in order to get away from the bottom places .
Next up, following a trip to Cyprus for the Scotland game, a Monday night game at home against Darmstadt. IMG_6015.jpgIMG_6016.jpg

One of the most outrageous things I've ever seen in a football match at the end of Freiburg - Frankfurt when the Frankfurt captain poleaxed Freiburg manager Christian Stretch sparking half the subs bench trying to lynch him. Stretch is a tough character but it was still shocking to see a 54 year old man flattened that way. Abraham got a red card but I hope he gets further sanctions, disgraceful behaviour, especially from someone who is captain of his team.

The poor wee 54 year old man knew what he was doing.

On 10/11/2019 at 21:19, bob_mcshug said:

Ban from playing in the Bundesliga till the end of the year (6 games) plus a €25.000 fine announced this afternoon. Frankfurt have lodged a protest against the ban from playing.

Ban doesn’t cover Europa League games. 

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 15:19, bob_mcshug said:

Isn't Joey Barton facing charges for doing something similar to the Barnsley manager?

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Isn't Joey Barton facing charges for doing something similar to the Barnsley manager?

No, hes accused of pushing and hooking the guy in the stadium itself. 

On the guy wiping out the manager, good on him. The manager tries to be a smartcunt and got put in his place. Need more of it in the game, tbh. 

14 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

On the topic of Robert Enke, his biography is an excellent read. One of the best depictions of the impact of depression I've come across.

Take it you mean this one? It's an excellent book, so much more sad given that it was written by one of his close friends.

Related image

A low profile appointment for H96 as Kenan Kocak, unemployed but last team was SV Sandhausen, is given a contract as trainer till the end of the season.

Obviously hope that all works out, but have a nagging feeling that we’ll be looking for a new trainer sometime in March.

17 hours ago, German Jag said:

A low profile appointment for H96 as Kenan Kocak, unemployed but last team was SV Sandhausen, is given a contract as trainer till the end of the season.

Obviously hope that all works out, but have a nagging feeling that we’ll be looking for a new trainer sometime in March.

With only a 28% win rate at SV Sandhausen, I'm not sure what he has done to merit a job at a significantly bigger club with much larger expectations.