Bundesliga 2023/24

Hamburg courts have closed their investigation into whether Bakery Jatta had used fraudulent documents or not. Jatta's indendity has been confirmed as legit & correct in line with his documentation

https://twitter.com/LinneMatt/status/1168439794340376581?s=19

3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Hamburg courts have closed their investigation into whether Bakery Jatta had used fraudulent documents or not. Jatta's indendity has been confirmed as legit & correct in line with his documentation

https://twitter.com/LinneMatt/status/1168439794340376581?s=19

Saw that earlier on. Think there is still a hearing planned for the 9th in order to go over the protest as filed by Nürnberg (Bochum & Karlsruhe had also lodged protests, H96 didn‘t). Based on the Hamburg authorities findings, will  no doubt be a case of going through the motions and final decision will be nothing to see here. 

Jatta scored Hamburg‘s 3rd to secure the 3 points, although they were in no danger of losing thanks to a totally insipid performance from H96. Just under 55.000 their with a healthy 4.200 away contingent. H96 with a fair bit of possession, but never looked like doing something constructive with it. Goals 10 minutes either side of half-time from Kittel & Kinsombi put Hamburg well in charge with Jatta putting things beyond doubt with 15 minutes to go.

International break is probably for the good, Mirko Slomka needs to have a rethink, since based on what‘s gone on till now H96 will be mucking around at the wrong end of the table. Next 3 games (Bielefeld, Kiel & Nürnberg) will give an indication as to how „long“ a season it‘s going to be.

Back next weekend for the Russia & Belgium games, also off to Montrose. Once back then home to best friends Armenia Bielefeld. IMG_5764.jpgIMG_5763.jpgIMG_5767.jpg

On 02/09/2019 at 18:00, German Jag said:

Saw that earlier on. Think there is still a hearing planned for the 9th in order to go over the protest as filed by Nürnberg (Bochum & Karlsruhe had also lodged protests, H96 didn‘t). Based on the Hamburg authorities findings, will  no doubt be a case of going through the motions and final decision will be nothing to see here. 

All 3 clubs have now withdrawn their protests. Wish Die Bild „newspaper“ with its right-wing anti-immigrant ‚yer da‘ pish would f‘off. 

On 30/08/2019 at 12:00, AyrTroopMajor said:

Eintracht Frankfurt fans coming off looking like quite the c**ts here. 

Funnily enough. I was going to go to the Eintracht v Gladbach game a few years ago when flights were only 20 return then my mate out there suggested I avoided it as the Eintracht fans are fucking mental. This surprised me as I was at the home game v Eintracht at Borussia Park that season and never thought much of their away support compared to others I have witnessed at Borussia Park. Only seen fights between Borussia and Hoffenheim fans! 

One of the 2 top flight games I was looking at in October has been moved to the Friday night. No use for me as it clashes with my hockey game. 

So my new options are Freiburg v Leipzig or Karlsruhe v Hannover. 

Can't see tickets on sale for Freiburg yet. Is it likely to be a sell out and will they go online in the next week or so?

12 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Looks like the Freiburg game has sold out to club members.

Unless they release more tickets that Leipzig don't sell then it looks like I'm going to Karlsruhe v Hannover.

Wonder if German Jag will be travelling for that one?

Yip, I‘ll be there. No announcement yet as to when tickets for the away end will go on say. Let me know if you want me to get one for you. My train is due in at 11:58, then heading back up North at 16:01. 

5 hours ago, German Jag said:

Yip, I‘ll be there. No announcement yet as to when tickets for the away end will go on say. Let me know if you want me to get one for you. My train is due in at 11:58, then heading back up North at 16:01. 

Mate and me will be coming from Mannheim. I'll give you a shout nearer the time.

Away end as well as the neighboring sections sold out with ca. 7.000 Bielefeld fans making the 70 mile trip along the A2 to Hannover.
H96’s dreadful home form continues with Bielefeld deservedly taking all 3 points. Not sure what trainer Mirko Slomka has in mind to get the season kick-started.

IMG_5825.jpgIMG_5827.jpg

Next up, a Friday night game in Kiel.

On 04/09/2019 at 10:11, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Funnily enough. I was going to go to the Eintracht v Gladbach game a few years ago when flights were only 20 return then my mate out there suggested I avoided it as the Eintracht fans are fucking mental. This surprised me as I was at the home game v Eintracht at Borussia Park that season and never thought much of their away support compared to others I have witnessed at Borussia Park. Only seen fights between Borussia and Hoffenheim fans! 

I was at a Frankfurt Galaxy game at the Waldstadion back in 1999 and was told at the time that the same fans that were having a laugh together would be back next weekend knocking lumps out each other. Guess not much has changed.

Horrible place to go tbh if there is trouble as there really is nowhere to go to get away from it on the road down to the train station (or there certainly wasn't back then).

First time at the Holstein Stadion in Kiel, as H96 took all 3 points under the floodlights courtesy of a 2-1 win.
Former Kiel player Marvin Ducksch got the 1st goal just on the stroke of half-time, with the lead being doubled shortly after the restart by, on loan from Schalke, Cedric Teuchert. Squeaky bum time for the last 25 minutes after Lee brought one back, but thankfully H96 held on for the win.
Just over 15.000 there (sold-out), and a v. tight stadium with the fans right on top of the players. 70 minutes of continual Pyro also added to the atmosphere!

Next up home to Nürnberg a week on Monday.

IMG_5855.jpgIMG_5861.jpgIMG_5868.jpgIMG_5869.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That was fucking Grim yesterday. From the first goal it was all one way and the red card was very confusing at the time, haven't seen it back yet.

Had loads of beer though and my Hertha supporting friend had a good time, as well as a friend at her first ever football game. Won't be taking her to Scottish football after this. DSC_2999.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

That was fucking Grim yesterday. From the first goal it was all one way and the red card was very confusing at the time, haven't seen it back yet.

Had loads of beer though and my Hertha supporting friend had a good time, as well as a friend at her first ever football game. Won't be taking her to Scottish football after this. DSC_2999.jpeg

Was a red card for me, Mere followed through with his foot raised and caught the Hertha player well above his ankle. Not really a contest after that.

Is there anywhere to watch BL 1 and 2 highlights? Was at a couple of games with VAR penalties (Bochum vs Darmstadt and Duesseldorf vs Freiburg) and wouldn't mind watching them back, I was sure the BL official site used to do it but can't see any and the Youtube channel doesn't have it either. 

Or do I need to rig up a VPN and pretend I'm in Germany?

15 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Is there anywhere to watch BL 1 and 2 highlights? Was at a couple of games with VAR penalties (Bochum vs Darmstadt and Duesseldorf vs Freiburg) and wouldn't mind watching them back, I was sure the BL official site used to do it but can't see any and the Youtube channel doesn't have it either. 

Or do I need to rig up a VPN and pretend I'm in Germany?

Bochum - Darmstadt

Düsseldorf - Freiburg

Unfortunately bild.de and you also have to endure 2 adverts before the game starts. 

25 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Bochum - Darmstadt

Düsseldorf - Freiburg

Unfortunately bild.de and you also have to endure 2 adverts before the game starts. 

Excellent, thanks. Does need a VPN as well but I have one of those. 

Had forgotten about Bochum playing the can-can when they scored 😂. When they lost the 2nd goal there were about 30 seconds of chants at the manager then they just started singing again.

edit: the Freiburg pen was a stick on, defender basically suplexed his marker as the ball came in, weirdly no-one shouted for it and then the ball didn't go out of play for about 2 minutes so it was a complete mystery as to what they were checking for.

The Bochum one was right in front of me and I thought it was a handball on first sight, was surprised VAR exists in the 2nd tier.

Edited by Fuctifano