Bundesliga 2023/24

Marcus Thuram (Borussia MG) was sent off today for spitting in the face of Stefan Posch (Hoffenheim). Disgusting thing to do under normal circumstances, however given the current pandemic..... words fail me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dortmund appointing Edin Terzić as caretaker till the end of the season indicates they've given up on the title already. Terzić has no previous management experience with his cv thus far being assistant manager at Dortmund, Beskitas & West Ham plus roles in scouting & the youth setup with Dortmund.

Schalke now up to 30 games without a win which is one off the Bundesliga record set by Tasmania Berlin in 1965-1966 who are the worst team to have ever played in the Bundesliga & set numerous records still to be broken during that season. In a funny twist Tasmania Berlin only got into the Bundesliga with two weeks notice after Hertha had been thrown out for financial irregularities.

Given the absolute mess the club are off the field there's a real chance they could do an 1860 München or Kaiserslautern.

Schalke now up to 30 games without a win

Given the absolute mess the club are off the field there's a real chance they could do an 1860 München or Kaiserslautern.

I don't really follow German football but looked at the table the other day. How have Schalke got into such a mess?

Funnily enough when I was a lad my favourite German club was Kaiserslautern and then when I was in my teens, 1860.

I don't really follow German football but looked at the table the other day. How have Schalke got into such a mess?

Funnily enough when I was a lad my favourite German club was Kaiserslautern and then when I was in my teens, 1860.
Think they're already on their 4th manager this season, just appointed former Spurs and Basel manager Christian Gross.

My "second team" (god, I hate that phrase) St Pauli look well on their way to relegation to 3.Liga. Might make getting tickets for games easier when we can return.

3 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

That's a phenomenal pass from Stindl.

Still my favourite Borussia player, he's outstanding! Thought he was excellent tonight but special mention to Hoffman who I was never really a fan of but since Marco Rose came in he's been class and tonight he was brilliant again, 2 great finishes from him! 

Love a game against Bayern 😍

They'd be dancing in the streets of Neukölln if not for restrictions right now as Schalke somehow beat Hoffenheim 4-0. Also if we're getting technical the current Tasmania & the one that set the record are different clubs.

Haaland is simply undefendable on current form - the only flaw in his game is that he isn't actually that clinical in his finishing yet (though hitting it early with pace hasn't exactly been a terrible strategy either). It's impossible to stop him getting into those goalscoring positions though. 

Barring injuries he's going to bury the Messi/Ronaldo tallies.

Haaland is simply undefendable on current form - the only flaw in his game is that he isn't actually that clinical in his finishing yet (though hitting it early with pace hasn't exactly been a terrible strategy either). It's impossible to stop him getting into those goalscoring positions though. 
How long does he stay at Dortmund do you think?

No idea when Haaland will leave but if I were running Real Madrid then I'd certainly ditch their endless pursuit of Mbappe and switch to Haaland as their replacement for Benzema. Likely to be cheaper all things considered and a much better bet as well, with all respect to Mbappe's undoubted quality.  

Can't help but think he'd be wasted on a European level playing for the Manchester Gulf franchise instead, but whoever signs him will be getting 30 league goals a season no bother.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

I agree with you I think he's the best young striker I've seen since the original Ronaldo.   I suppose the counter-argument might be that when his pace goes he might drop back to normal if he continues missing chances.    

Lovely to think Man Utd missed out on him, he was born in Leeds and he won't be ragdolling Declan Gallacher in the summer.