Bundesliga 2023/24

Schalke manager now sacked.
David Wagner record since January is brutal 
18 games 0 wins ,6 draws ,12 losses Goals scored - 8 Goals conceded - 49 
They've cut their budget massively as well I believe. I think they'll go down this season.

Just after buying tickets for the next two H96 home games which will have 20% attendance.

Next up Lower Saxony derby against Braunschweig on Saturday, which is also German reunification day.

Then a fortnight later against Fortuna Düsseldorf! Will be the first games I've been at since 6th March.

As mentioned above, 1st game yesterday in almost 7 months as H96 gubbed local rivals Eintracht Braunschweig 4-1 in the Lower Saxony derby. Currently a 6 week test running in the top 2 leagues in Germany with up to 20% capacity crowds allowed in (assuming local Covid conditions allow).

Despite it being a derby and 1st home game where H96 fans could attend, not a sell-out as@PWL alluded to on the Covid thread. Acc. to my friend who works for the official fan project, ca. 6000 tickets were sold in the 1st couple of hours of them going on sale to ST holders from last season.  Thereafter take up dropped off a cliff, the ability to buy was expanded to members on Friday which managed to drag the attendance up to the 7300 in the stadium.

As regards the game itself, H96 were by far and away the better team (can see Braunschweig getting stuck in a relegation fight). Despite this,Braunschweig managed to go 1 up early in the 2nd half with one of their few forays forward. Equaliser from Maina just 3 minutes later before Weydandt & Hult made the points safe 15 minutes later. Haraguchi with the 4th just before full-time.

Interesting to see how attending football develops. Wasn‘t necessary to wear a mask when in your seat, but everywhere else toilet, snack-bar, moving through the concourse was required which was strictly maintained by the stewards in place.IMG_0687.jpgIMG_0694.jpgIMG_0696.jpgIMG_0699.jpg

Watched the highlights of the Köln Gladbach game on BT. Good result, but my God the commentary made it a hard watch. Spent the first 15 minutes telling us Gladbach were at home despite the Köln signs, logo, and Köln being first on the score at the top of the screen. Enjoyed the goals, though - much more like last season.

• 3 weeks later...

Thankfully the Corona numbers for Hannover stayed below 50 per 100,000 which meant that fans could attend the game against Fortuna Düsseldorf. A fairly turgid 1st half, H96 by far the better team, but unable to score. Half-time sub for Düsseldorf, Matthias Zimmerman, managed to get booked and sent off within 6 minutes. From thereon was 1 way traffic with Muslija & a penalty from Duksch putting H96 in control. Fortuna keeper Kastenmeier, who had been Černýesque prior to the red-card managed to make a proverbial f-up for H96‘s third.

Attendance given as 8,900 which is bullshit, and just the number of tickets sold. A general Corona hesitancy with a lot of people not in any rush to get back to the football.

IMG_0755.thumb.jpg.a90e4a3a41bdfe83431a57e7e21bfd85.jpgIMG_0757.thumb.jpg.ef87bd1c54d895174cab7e92eb08cfab.jpgIMG_0760.thumb.jpg.f842f5b3270990d01ae463b539b182d5.jpg