Bundesliga 2023/24

H96 maintain their unbeaten start to the season, but not the best results over the last 2 game days, dropping points away to Freiburg on Wednesday & at home today against 1.FC Köln.

Not able to make Freiburg, despite being booked up.

As regards today‘s game, Köln should have forfeited the 3 points due to their god-awful luminous away shorts & socks. As regards the game itself, a lot of huffing & puffing from both sides, with actual chances at a minimum.

Next up a trip to Mönchengladbach.

a5bf5a8051e02e7511b9f94a373a4c25.jpg672e972450ceb5d1b7a7ac9188a6e309.jpg

Dortmund were very impressive on Saturday evening.  They've been solid at the back and pretty clinical going forward so far. I thought Tuchel tinkered with the formation and personnel a bit too much last season, but Bosz seems pretty set with the 4-3-3 and it gets the best out the players they have IMO. Early days, but their underlying numbers and Bayern's malaise suggest it could be a decent title race.

That's the 4th time I've been to Dortmund. I've been to a variety of kick off times and can now 100% conclude the atmopshere isn't particularly good, relatively speaking. During a song about 20% of home fans are belting it out, 40% are singing/clapping along half heartedly and 40% are doing nothing.

The celebrations for even the firsr and second goals were like they were already 5-0 up. It's always fairly loud because there are so many people there but there are lots of other German grounds with a better atmosphere

Thing that struck me was how cordial it was at the 2 BL1 games, especially Dortmund vs Gladbach with it being relatively local.  Plenty of away fans sitting openly wearing colours in the home end, albeit we weren't in an ultras section.  Guess the fact Hamburg didn't score, and Gladbach only scored a late consolation meant we didn't see if there'd been any hassle, an 89th minute winner for either would have been interesting.

11 hours ago, sjc said:

Are the former Stasi favourites, Dynamo Dresden any closer to the Bundasliga these days?

They won 3. Liga in 2015 and finished 5th last year. They've fluctuated between the two leagues.

The Stasi's other team, BFC Dynamo, are currently in the Regionalliga Nordost. Finished near the bottom last season but were safe and they're currently 2nd behind Cottbus.

[mention=8056]German Jag[/mention] are you going to MG buddy?

Intetion was yes, train ticket & match ticket in hand.
Repair work on the line between where I live and Hannover required a replacement bus for half of the way. Bus was late in showing up which meant I wouldn‘t make the connection westwards in Hannover, so called it off and returned home.

Good 2-1 win for 1. FC Union Berlin today away in Aue. Had the best of the first half without really creating before going 2-0 up midway through the second.

Up to 5th now, and with games against Fürth, Regensburg, Duisburg and Heidenheim coming up, things are looking a little better than they were before Monday.

Interesting cup tie away to Leverkusen coming up too.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Däpp said:

Ah that's shite mate. Sure you won't be bothered now after the result! Very unfortunate challenge from your lad to give away the penalty in the last minute. Took the ref around 3 minutes to decide the penalty via the VAR. 

Was never a penalty. The video ‚deciders‘ in Cologne were undecided, so put it back to the match ref who watched it again on a screen pitchside.

If Harnik had only scored a few minutes earlier instead of hitting the bar!

Looking for a wee bit of advice from the resident experts...

Berlin weekend in Feb (16-19). Looking at getting to Hertha vs Mainz (down as the Saturday ATM) and possibly a lower league game (Berliner FC Dynamo are at home on the Sunday).

What's the craic with timeframe for tv changes etc for the Bundesliga games?  Currently advertised as 14:30 Saturday but assume that can change? Edit: Just noticed this weekend follows the Europa League ro32 midweek so if Hertha are still in the completion it will definitely be a Sunday fixture! Although qualification looking unlikely as it stands.

Are the lower league games staggered across the weekend at all nearer the time? Or can I assume they will stay at the current 12:30 Sunday time as advertised ATM?

Finally what's  my best option for getting a hold of tickets for both of these options? 

Edited by Christophe

12 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Looking for a wee bit of advice from the resident experts...

Berlin weekend in Feb (16-19). Looking at getting to Hertha vs Mainz (down as the Saturday ATM) and possibly a lower league game (Berliner FC Dynamo are at home on the Sunday).

What's the craic with timeframe for tv changes etc for the Bundesliga games?  Currently advertised as 14:30 Saturday but assume that can change? Edit: Just noticed this weekend follows the Europa League ro32 midweek so if Hertha are still in the completion it will definitely be a Sunday fixture! Although qualification looking unlikely as it stands.

Are the lower league games staggered across the weekend at all nearer the time? Or can I assume they will stay at the current 12:30 Sunday time as advertised ATM?

Finally what's  my best option for getting a hold of tickets for both of these options? 

Exact dates & times, for the Hertha game, won‘t be announced till December. 

Tickets for Hertha are easy, https://www.eventimsports.de/ols/hbsctk/en/tk/channel/shop/index

The dates & times for the lower league games will also change, no idea as to when.

Dynamo Berlin fans are a shower of right-wing thugs/hooligans.

1 minute ago, German Jag said:

Exact dates & times, for the Hertha game, won‘t be announced till December. 

Tickets for Hertha are easy, https://www.eventimsports.de/ols/hbsctk/en/tk/channel/shop/index

The dates & times for the lower league games will also change, no idea as to when.

Dynamo Berlin fans are a shower of right-wing thugs/hooligans.

Any other Berlin teams you'd recommend seeing instead?