Bundesliga 2023/24

They do sing about the DFB quite a lot. 'DFB, fussballmafia' and 'scheisse DFB'.

Would agree about the language. If you want to be insulting, surely there must be better than son of a whore. Is that the German equivalent of 'fucking c**t'?

I find the whole 'but they don't stop the games for racism but do for banners about a white billionaire' a bit pretendy woke. A handful of fans shouting something offensive about a black player at close range is incredibly difficult for the referee to pick up on and is often over in a matter of seconds.

They do sing about the DFB quite a lot. 'DFB, fussballmafia' and 'scheisse DFB'.

Would agree about the language. If you want to be insulting, surely there must be better than son of a whore. Is that the German equivalent of 'fucking c**t'?

I find the whole 'but they don't stop the games for racism but do for banners about a white billionaire' a bit pretendy woke. A handful of fans shouting something offensive about a black player at close range is incredibly difficult for the referee to pick up on and is often over in a matter of seconds.
True enough, but the monkey noises directed at Torunarigha were not just a one-off and also reported to the referee who opted to take no action.

True enough, but the monkey noises directed at Torunarigha were not just a one-off and also reported to the referee who opted to take no action.
The wording is 'if the referee becomes aware of racist behaviour'. I'm really not too sure what exactly that means. Does he just have to have it reported to him by a player or does he have to hear/witness it?

I have sympathy with refs in countries such as Germany where it is likely to be a few individuals rather than larger groups in say Italy. I'd guess that German officials want to clamp down on racism as much as anyone but find it difficult exactly when to enact stage 1 of the protocol. The Hopp banners are so obvious it was a no brainer.

I just don't like idea that the DFB/refs care less about racism than the fan protests and doesn't really have the will to clamp down on racism. I find that a bit disingenuous.

Hannover 96 out with the banners tonight.

“No acceptance of Red Bull and Hoffenheim”

What has suddenly caused this animosity? Yeah Red bull were always going to get a bit of stick and I’m sure Hoffenheim got their fair share when they were promoted. Having been in the Bundesliga for 13 years, you think it would all be forgotten about?

His Da was a Nazi, put that on your banner.
Also f**k all this AMF bullshit, it's just hiding the fact they want the traditionally big clubs to remain the powerful ones. No time for it at all.
Imagine the scenes

18 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Also f**k all this AMF bullshit, it's just hiding the fact they want the traditionally big clubs to remain the powerful ones. No time for it at all.

Would have to agree with this, football has been professional for over 100 years and communism fell in Germany in 89. The teams with the most money generally are the most successful. If some rich fella from Hannover (Scooter maybe) wanted to invest his fortune into Hannover 96 I'm sure their fans would be delighted and soon forget about being AMF. 

Would have to agree with this, football has been professional for over 100 years and communism fell in Germany in 89. The teams with the most money generally are the most successful. If some rich fella from Hannover (Scooter maybe) wanted to invest his fortune into Hannover 96 I'm sure their fans would be delighted and soon forget about being AMF. 

Good shout! All those clubs in the west which poached all the best players from the big East German powerhouses with the lure of more money.

27 minutes ago, Waspy said:

Good shout! All those clubs in the west which poached all the best players from the big East German powerhouses with the lure of more money.

Yup, I'm sure the fact the RB Leipzig are not only an "Ossi" team but a high flying one (Union probably get a pass and Cottbus didn't do much when they were in the Bundesliga) doesn't endear them to fans of the traditional "wessi" powerhouses   

A good 5 days for H96 as they beat Kiel 3-1 on Monday and a well deserved 3-0 win in Nuremberg on Friday.

John Guidetti scored his first goal for the club just after play recommenced following a brief enforced pause due to the Ultras banners. Equalizer for Kiel in the 68th minute but Ochs put the home team back in front with 10 minutes to go and Weydant ensured all 3 points with right on full-time.

1/2 day off work on Friday to get down to Nuremberg, a city that I like very much but hate the stadium due to the athletics track.
Driechest of weather but 2-0 up at half-time courtesy of Hubers & Ochs, with Weydandt getting another 9th minute goal meant the journey back on the NightJet was much more bearable.

IMG_0282.jpgIMG_0287.jpgIMG_0288.jpgIMG_0293.jpg

Huge game in the 2. Bundesliga  tonight as leaders Arminia Bielefeld travel to 3rd place Stuttgart. A win for Arminia will put them 9 points clear at the top and one hand on the trophy, while a win for Stuttgart will send them into 2nd place, 3 points clear of absolute shitebags Hamburg.

For the purposes of keeping Hamburg in the second tier for as long as possible - mon the Stuttgart.

image.png.b6c239f1fb6324b3a97fb16df87d0e2c.png