Bundesliga 2023/24

Will be interesting to see who Hertha go for. If they have intentions of competing at the top level then I don't think Klinsmann was ever going to be the manager long term. He always struck me as being a bit of a diddy in terms of management.

I found out literally last week that he's a bit of a joke figure here in Germany. Put loads of Bhudda statues around Bayern's ground etc.

Perhaps that’s why he lives out in California? Rumours of player unrest and the likes, I think he banned them wearing tracksuit bottoms when traveling to away to games. Apparently the players at training yesterday handed Klinsmann’s assistants a piece of paper telling them the hold no grudges and must start pulling together for wins.

I wonder if they will go back to Kovac after he knocked them back in November, I would actually give it to big Sam. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Press conference tomorrow at 10:30

On 11/02/2020 at 09:47, Waspy said:

Klinsmann steps down as Hertha manager after 10 weeks in the job. He’ll stay on in his advisory role on the board.

A bit of a surprise going by the money spent by Hertha in the transfer window, I thought he would have stuck it out to the summer. I’m glad I got across to see a game under his short reign.

I was at Hertha vs Mainz at the weekend for a mates stag do. They were truly awful. A whole lot of passing the ball along the back line with absolutely no pace or movement in front of them. Mainz were fairly shit too but carved them open a few times without doing much. The Hertha fans seemed to be past anger, a lot of them were just laughing at the defending or the inability to make simple passes. The team got hounded after the final whistle and we said to each other on leaving the ground that Klinsmann couldn't have long left if that's what they've been serving up, I didn't realise he'd only been in the job a short while.

Really enjoyed my first experience of German football though, will definitely be looking to attend other grounds in the future.

I was at Hertha vs Mainz at the weekend for a mates stag do. They were truly awful. A whole lot of passing the ball along the back line with absolutely no pace or movement in front of them. Mainz were fairly shit too but carved them open a few times without doing much. The Hertha fans seemed to be past anger, a lot of them were just laughing at the defending or the inability to make simple passes. The team got hounded after the final whistle and we said to each other on leaving the ground that Klinsmann couldn't have long left if that's what they've been serving up, I didn't realise he'd only been in the job a short while.

Really enjoyed my first experience of German football though, will definitely be looking to attend other grounds in the future.

How was Boyata? He’s been utter rubbish the past twice I’ve seen him.

8 minutes ago, Waspy said:

How was Boyata? He’s been utter rubbish the past twice I’ve seen him.

An absolute donkey. He was credited with the goal but his header was going wide before hitting a defender IIRC, then about 2 minutes later he scythed someone down for a penalty and it was game over.

An absolute donkey. He was credited with the goal but his header was going wide before hitting a defender IIRC, then about 2 minutes later he scythed someone down for a penalty and it was game over.

Standard Boyata, absolute bomb scare. He’s responsible for the majority of penalties against Hertha.

Did you get yourself a Berliner Kindl plastic beer cup?

H96, SV Hamburg (and also Bielefeld) all have a ‚fan-friendship‘ type of thing with each other. Personally I find it all a bit cringe-worthy, with shit-loads of half & half scarves, people wearing the scarf of one team round their neck and tying the other teams scarf round their wrist. Only upside of all this is the police presence is reduced and also not as stern as usual.
12.000 Hamburg fans in attendance for the 1st Nord Derby between both clubs to take place in Hannover. (H96 got gubbed 3-0 in Hamburg last September).
To cut a long story short, typical derby football, 1-0 for H96 in the 53rd by Teuchert. 5 minutes added on, with Hamburg getting the equaliser in the 96th (sic) minute! An unexpected point, but still a f**k, f**k, fuckity, f**k moment!

IMG_0215.jpg

Next up a trip to Bielefeld.

Edited by German Jag